IGNORED

How Many Wedges Do You Carry?

How many wedges do you carry?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. How many wedges do you carry?

• 0 - What's a wedge?
    • 1 - I have my trusty Niblick and that's all I need.
    • 2 - Doesn't matter which two, but you'd think it would be PW and SW
    • 3 - Very common set up through the 80's and 90's.
    • 4 - Its good to have options
    • 5 - More options or is it because your PW is so delofted you had to stick in another gap wedge?
    • 6 or more - If you answer this, you'd better explain why.

I carry 4: 46/50/54/58

What's In my bag:

Driver: TaylorMade R5 Dual 9.5* UST Proforce V2 77g S
3Wood: Mizuno F-60 13.5* Mizuno Exsar 75S
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 3/4 Aldila VS Proto 80SIrons: Adams Pro Forged (5-PW) True Temper Black Gold SWedges: Cleveland 588 (3) 50, 588 (DSG) 54 & 60Putter: Ping i-Series Craz-EBalls:.....

• 2 weeks later...
Apart from PW included in the set (Wilson Ci6 44º)
GW : Cleveland 588 Classic 51.6
SW : Taylormade Rac TP 56.12
LW : Taylormade Rac TP 60.6

----------------------------
What's In my bag:

Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL 10.5º Reg
Woods: Callaway Big Bertha II 3 & 5 Firm
Hibryds: Sonartec MD Transition 21º Irod Reg
Irons: Wilson Ci6 3-PW ProforceV2 Reg
Wedges: Cleveland 588 51º TMRAC 56º 60
Putter: SlighterGolf Tacoma CustomMade

Hibore XLS 10.5º Yellow Reg
909F3 13º Mitsubishi Diamana Blue Reg
Big Bertha 17º Reg
585.H 21º Graphite 4175 Reg
804.OS 4-9 Graphite 3975 Reg Vokey Spin Milled 48.06 54.14 60.10 Tess G2 35" ProV1XHome course: Ria de Vigo Golf Vigo (SPAIN)

• 3 weeks later...
Right now, three: 45° PW, 50° GW, & 56° SW

I've tried two different lob wedges in the past. One I really liked 64° with a load of bounce was fab in the green-side bunkers, but lousy everywhere else. -Too much bounce. The other had no bounce and was only good when I was "on." It was too light. I frequently didn't hit it well. When I hit it fat, because there was no bounce the ball went nowhere.

Back then I was also only playing the PW and LW (13 clubs in the bag). I had a HUGE gap between the two.

I'm planning to get a high quality LW in the Spring, probably a TM rac Satin TP 60° to match the rest of my set, but who knows. TM wedges only go up to 60°. There are a lot of good brands out there. I will need to decide whether to lose the 5W or 3H. Probably the 5W will go...

In my TM r7 Stand bag:
Driver- r11 10.5° Reg shaft

Fairway wood - r11 3 wood
Hybrids- r11 3, 4 & 5
Irons- M1 6-AW, xft 50, xft 54.12 , xft 60.08°
Still have / love my r7 CGB Max 6-PW, xft 50, xft 54.12, xft 60.08° which I keep in Myrtle Beach, Tommy Armour 855 Putter

Pitching wedges 47 degree 130 yards
52 degree 100 Yards
56 degree 90 yards
60 degree 80 yards

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

See my signature. I just picked up the SV Tour wedges last week.

DRIVER - Tight Lies/Graphite/10°
3 WOOD - Sasquatch/Graphite/15°
5 WOOD - Tight Lies/Graphite/19°
IRONS - X-22/Steel/3-PWAW - SV Tour Black Satin/Steel/52°SW - SV Tour Black Satin/Steel/56°LW - SV Tour Black Satin/Steel/60°PUTTER - Black Series #2/34"

Three wedges with 48, 54, and 58 degrees of loft.
WITB:

Driver: G5 10.5* TFC 100
Wood: Insight BUL 15* Aldila Speedline
Wood: RPM LP 19* Grafalloy BlueIrons: I3+ 3-PW WRX Flighted 5.5 RiflesWedges: RAC TP 54* & 58*Putter: Studio Style Newport 35"Ball: E6+"Golf is an open exhibition of overweening ambition, courage deflated by stupidity,...

Just 2. PW & SW.
In My Sun Mountain C-130 Bag
Woods: System Q
Hybrid: System Q
Irons: Acer XP905
Ball: Other EquipmentPush Cart: Sun Mountain Speed Cart V1My Home CourseGreen Knoll Golf Course

PW
CG10 52
588 56
Knight 64 for the bunkers and rough around the green. I feel like Phil with this club. Full swing, ball goes 30 yards, tops.
What's in the bag (and what kind of Bag...)
Aerolite Walking Bag (no riding!)
HiBore XL 9.5°
Orilmar Tri-Metal 19°
G2 4-PW CG10 52° 588 56°Knight 64° Ansr G2I

Ping eye 2 pitching wedge
ping tour 54* sand wedge
ping tour 60* lob wedge all black dot with stiff shaft

driver - TM r7 425 10.5* Purple Ice Stiff
3 wood - TM r7 TP 15* reg. flex fij. vista pro
7 wood - Cally Big Bertha 21* proforce stiff
4 hybrid - TM Mid 22* reg. ultralight fij.5 hybrid - Nickent 3dx Ironwood 26* fij. banzia stiff irons - Ping eye 2+ 4, 6-pw kt-m stiff wedges - Ping tour 54*...

I am sticking with three but I just went to the Vokeys 54 and 60 spin milled and finally retired the faithful Cleveland 588s.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

I am sticking with three but I just went to the Vokeys 54 and 60 spin milled and finally retired the faithful Cleveland 588s.

Tourspoon, pls share your impression between Vokeys and 588s. I've been using 53, 60 588s for sometime and considering a change.

Thanks

I carry four: PW, GW, 56*Vokey and 60*Vokey.
My gap wedge hardly ever sees action, my Pings came 4-GW, tho, so it's in the bag. My wedge game is the best part of my game, take that away and I'm a 20 handicap.

Tourspoon, pls share your impression between Vokeys and 588s. I've been using 53, 60 588s for sometime and considering a change.

Well, so far it has been positive. I am really noticing some more consistency in the bunkers since I am using the 54/10 set up versus the 588 56/14. I think there was just too much bounce for me. The 60 is the same specs 60/04 and it seems to float a little more in the sand, so I am getting used to that too. I am still getting a feel for the distances and worked at the range for an hour with this pair. I love the 54 for greenside chipping and have used the 60 for two delicate chips on really fast greens. The highlight shot was out of a fairway bunker from 100 yards to the pin and spinning it a few feet. The grooves definitely are sharper and the spin is more consistent. I thought the extra spin would be problematic but so far it has been predictable. My 588s served me well for 10+ years and it was time. I let you know in a month or so how they are working out.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

• 4 weeks later...
I carry 4 wedges right now, used to be 5 till I wondered why my bag was so heavy.

How many total clubs do you carry... 14 is limit. My humble opinion is that when people carry over 14 they have changed the essence of the game. I always wonder... should I take out an iron and add another wedge. Now I play a PW, a gap 53* and a lob 60*. Would love to have another, but what to give up?

People just throwing 15 or 16 clubs in bag are lying to themselves, to the integrity of the game, and to life itself.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

• 2 weeks later...
Lost Ball carries a Sand Wedge and Pitching Wedge and that is all that is needed for a solid round
Golf is so popular simply because it is the best game in the world at which to be bad.

- A.A. Milne