Cantankerish

Difficult Playing Conditions

40 posts / 2875 viewsLast Reply

I also don't like being a "dewsweeper", but late in the season I may not have a choice. I dislike the soft, muddy conditions early in the season. I hit the ball short enough these days, even when getting some decent roll out. Wind doesn't really bother me that much unless it's just howling! As the Scots say, "Nae wind, nae golf!" 

Elevation changes do make estimating yardage a challenge, but I really don't mind it. There's a formerly private club outside of Cleveland that we play several times a year that has that feature in spades! We love the place! Also, large greens with lots of contour! Love that too. 

I guess I find more to like about golf than dislike. That may be why I've played this game for over 50 years! 

Holy crap, did that make me feel old!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

Not old, mate.  Seasoned and wisened.  I would gladly share a cart with someone who can teach me a thing or two about this game and tell a good story.

Well it’s been raining for the past two weeks and even though I said I wouldn’t play in rain I am prepared to do that now... but everything is closed because it’s just too wet everywhere. Standing water on greens and fairways...

Can't play the game in a vacuum so I take it as it comes. I won't, however, start a round in a downpour.