iacas

Extreme Bubba Golf

22 posts / 2703 viewsLast Reply

Seeing the words "extreme" and "Bubba" together made me think of a boating accident.  I'm happy that was not the case.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, iacas said:

Uhmmmmm…

That’s ridiculous. Looks like something one of my 30 handicap buddies swears he did one time...

Every once in a while, I say it is fun to see such a risk taker.  And, Bubba seems to have fun as well.

Edited by DrMJG

I feel like there was a major where someone (I want to say Lee Trevino) tried an unorthodox route on a hole, and the next day a new tree was there to keep that from happening.

How does he even know when it's safe to hit?

13 hours ago, David in FL said:

😱

Do we know the result of the next shot?!

Did they plant more trees before the next round?
(google Lon Hinkle, for those not old enough to get the reference)

9 hours ago, Shindig said:

I feel like there was a major where someone (I want to say Lee Trevino) tried an unorthodox route on a hole, and the next day a new tree was there to keep that from happening.

Lon Hinkle.

I didn't know who Lon Hinkle was, so I looked it up. Here it is if anyone's interested, save you a search.

8cf73361905e3f24e17cf54aff16a6b6?s=240

• David Fay reflects on 1979 Hinkle Tree incident at Inverness TOLEDO, Ohio – The chairman of the greens committee, Doug Spencer, motors up in his golf cart. He knows all about the history of the I…

191027-bubba-shot-th.png

Tiger Woods may have won in Japan, but Bubba Watson hit the most remarkable—and bizarre—shot of the...

This is why I just find the PGA Tour to be more, I don’t know, f****** amazing compared to the LPGA. Sorry ladies but come on...you will never see this on the LPGA. Never.

7 hours ago, Vinsk said:
191027-bubba-shot-th.png

Tiger Woods may have won in Japan, but Bubba Watson hit the most remarkable—and bizarre—shot of the...

This is why I just find the PGA Tour to be more, I don’t know, f****** amazing compared to the LPGA. Sorry ladies but come on...you will never see this on the LPGA. Never.

In their defense (LPGA), PGA players like Bubba have a lot more money to play around with. He can afford to do stuff like this and fail. Most LPGA players are barely making ends meet. 

8 hours ago, Vinsk said:
191027-bubba-shot-th.png

this is cool in all but if he was near the top of the leaderboard, I don't believe he would have taken the risk.

I wonder how many degrees he could've turned the clubhead before the ball hit a tree and potentially ricochet into someone.