nevets88

Davis Love III Joining CBS Broadcast Team

38 posts / 2874 viewsLast Reply

1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I think she fell off the bike the first time around.

Can’t say I’m looking forward to her babble. Maybe she’ll bring a new game....

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Anyone will be an improvement over DLIII.

That being said, I thought they got rid of ppl and did not want to be “stale”

This hire will be just more of the same from the beloved CBS Golf broadcast.

10 minutes ago, Slim_Pivot said:

That being said, I thought they got rid of ppl and did not want to be “stale”

They meant old.

And highly paid.

I'd pay if they kept the sound from the action and had say the No Laying Up guys commentate.

10 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I'd pay if they kept the sound from the action and had say the No Laying Up guys commentate.

Those guys are fun and have opinions. There is nothing fun about the current broadcast and no one on the broadcast team seems to have a negative opinion of anything, ever! BORING 

NFL announcers criticize bad QB play, bad attitude, etc.

I know Johnny Miller was over the top with everyone choking, etc. But at least his broadcast could be fun (I know he was NBC, but he’s just an example)

On 10/29/2019 at 6:10 PM, nevets88 said:

First! Ha ha. But seriously, I never heard him in the booth or even watched any of his interviews, so dunno what his personality is like.

usatsi_10980464-e1572363925137.jpg?w=640

Davis Love III is heading to the broadcast booth. The World Golf Hall of Famer and 21-time PGA Tour champion is joining CBS as an analyst for its coverage of the PGA Tour, the Masters and PGA Champ…

He doesn't have a personality.

7 hours ago, Slim_Pivot said:

Those guys are fun and have opinions. There is nothing fun about the current broadcast and no one on the broadcast team seems to have a negative opinion of anything, ever! BORING 

NFL announcers criticize bad QB play, bad attitude, etc.

I know Johnny Miller was over the top with everyone choking, etc. But at least his broadcast could be fun (I know he was NBC, but he’s just an example)

From the UK perspective, where we sometimes get your commentators, but not always - your lot are all terrible. Just schmaltz and cliche and boredom. The only guy who was ever any good was Johnny Miller. He dared to have an opinion, and to be critical of the "stars". And he wasn't boring.

37 minutes ago, weekend hacker1 said:

From the UK perspective, where we sometimes get your commentators, but not always - your lot are all terrible. Just schmaltz and cliche and boredom. The only guy who was ever any good was Johnny Miller. He dared to have an opinion, and to be critical of the "stars". And he wasn't boring.

Hey, what about Gary McCord?  He had a personality... and a mustache.

1 hour ago, weekend hacker1 said:

His time with that squirrel during the Ryder Cup was about as interesting as he can get. But I think the poor squirrel thought the whole time he was on a tree.

On 7/30/2020 at 7:27 PM, Double Mocha Man said:

Hey, what about Gary McCord?  He had a personality... and a mustache.

Why exactly did they dump McCord?  He didn't retire right?  I didn't mind him... I miss Feherty though.

6 hours ago, Chris223 said:

Why exactly did they dump McCord?  He didn't retire right?  I didn't mind him... I miss Feherty though.

It wasn’t obvious to you? Lol. They thought he had become stale and wanted some fresher replacement. 
IMO golf has had a stuffy reputation so anyone with the slightest touch of character seems great. People who really aren’t funny like Jacobsen and McCord kinda get a pass. McCord’s pass expired.

I've always liked Kelly Tilghman. Does anyone know what her role will be?

I think we all knew DLIII wasn't going to work. Frankly, I wish someone would put Colin Montgomerie in the booth. I know many people don't like him, but he knows a lot about the game. Also, I enjoyed Frank Nobilo's comments on today's telecast.

48 minutes ago, Hoganman1 said:

I've always liked Kelly Tilghman. Does anyone know what her role will be?

I think we all knew DLIII wasn't going to work. Frankly, I wish someone would put Colin Montgomerie in the booth. I know many people don't like him, but he knows a lot about the game. Also, I enjoyed Frank Nobilo's comments on today's telecast.

Good call on Monte.

All my opinion:

The Monte hatred has long passed. Maybe some older guys still hold on to 90s Ryder Cup memories.

Monte has even said that US fans have warmed up to him now that he’s on Champions Tour.

I think he would be a good hire...only issue I see is no majors. It’s hard to be critical of players with majors, when you have none.

On 8/2/2020 at 10:36 PM, Slim_Pivot said:

Good call on Monte.

All my opinion:

The Monte hatred has long passed. Maybe some older guys still hold on to 90s Ryder Cup memories.

Monte has even said that US fans have warmed up to him now that he’s on Champions Tour.

I think he would be a good hire...only issue I see is no majors. It’s hard to be critical of players with majors, when you have none.

It's his face. If I don't have to see him, I'd prolly be fine with him commentating

37 minutes ago, colin007 said:

It's his face. If I don't have to see him, I'd prolly be fine with him commentating

Beula Ballbreaker?

4 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Beula Ballbreaker?

That’s the first Porky’s reference on this site I think!