IGNORED

Check Out this Fake TaylorMade Driver

Note: This thread is 1568 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

No, I looked it up on internet and there is no mention of it. I bought a 915F from one of the larger sellers on EBay and I thought I took a label off the head reading Made in China, or some foreign country. It was a new club with a Mitsubishi shaft. The video has me thinking, although I have a swing speed less than most highways.

Edited by CharlieB

On 10/31/2019 at 9:38 AM, ChetlovesMer said:

This is kind of funny. Yet, kind of sad. 

I've seen fake watches before. I don't think I've ever seen a fake driver. 

That’s about how my fitting went at golf galaxy... 😂

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 11/2/2019 at 10:58 AM, Adam C said:

Bad grammer

So, it's "grammar".  I don't think I trust you anymore.

On a more serious note, I suspect that something as engineered as a golf club is just not a good kind of item to take chances on.  I think I would be okay buying flatware, belts, or even wooden tees from Ebay.  But not a driver.

27 minutes ago, Cantankerish said:

On a more serious note, I suspect that something as engineered as a golf club is just not a good kind of item to take chances on.  I think I would be okay buying flatware, belts, or even wooden tees from Ebay.  But not a driver.

I've had great success buying clubs on eBay.  But I always buy them used.

• Like 2

I was initially bummed that Rick Shiels had given money to an obvious counterfeiter but then I figured if it would keep others from also giving them cash it's probably a good thing. It still doesn't compute, though, how anyone could figure that paying less than $200 for a $500 new name brand, recently released driver was gonna work out well.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zippo said:

I was initially bummed that Rick Shiels had given money to an obvious counterfeiter but then I figured if it would keep others from also giving them cash it's probably a good thing. It still doesn't compute, though, how anyone could figure that paying less than $200 for a $500 new name brand, recently released driver was gonna work out well.

He said that if he didn’t have the original next to the fake, it could be difficult to tell. Given most men don’t carry more than 180, it probably works just as well as any driver? So, the only think I can think is those vanity players who want to “look” like they’re playing the real thing?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

10 minutes ago, Lihu said:

He said that if he didn’t have the original next to the fake, it could be difficult to tell. Given most men don’t carry more than 180, it probably works just as well as any driver? So, the only think I can think is those vanity players who want to “look” like they’re playing the real thing?

Those injection ports in the face were the dead give-a-way. Especially consider all the print marketing that Taylormade has put out talking about the ports. 

9 hours ago, Zippo said:

I don't think Rick knew it was going to be counterfeit when he ordered it. I think when he actually ordered it he was more worried that the webpage itself was just a scam. He mentioned that he really didn't think the driver would even show up. 

I have to confess I've seen deals like that out there. What's funny is that in my mind I don't think "Hey, that driver must be counterfeit." Instead I always think "Hey, that driver must be stolen." 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

15 hours ago, Cantankerish said:

Hey, I never mentioned spelling.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2019 at 6:55 AM, Adam C said:

Golf is littered with fake drivers, but also fairway woods, irons and putters. This has been an issue for decades. This is why they say you should buy only from recognized OEM retailers. If you go to any OEM website, they will have a list somewhere of official retailers.

What? You mean my “Mifuno MD-1B” blades aren’t real?!? 

😂😂😂😁😂

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

• 2 months later...
On 10/31/2019 at 5:09 PM, leftybutnotPM said:

I would bet that many if not most of the things you own are made in China. It is not what "manufacturERs do". It is what unscrupulous people do worldwide. It's just that China is where the technology is. Your government is not fighting it, it is making your residents pay tarriffs on Chinese made goods that cost a lot less than American made ones and fooling ignorant and uneducated people with zero grasp of economics into thinking that China is paying. And this applies to legally produced products. The fake/ counterfeit market is something completely different.

You are disparaging a nation of a billion people because some people are dishonest.  

Late reading the topic but I think Bernie Sanders wrote this reply...

Really? I have worked for two different US companies that tried to do business in China. We were ripped off on both occasions. One event allowed us to bait our plant managers there with blueprints we purposely altered. Less than six months, a site advisor there took pictures on "our altered" part he bought on the black market. That was a communication cable business. My current employer was robbed blind by our sister plant in China. Two years after developing a new Aerospace part used on commercial airplanes and setting up manufacturing in China; we were forced to leave due to the market being flooded with copies of our parts flooding the market, I'm not slamming the people but the their government's practices. The truth is hard to take Elizabeth, 'er Bernie! LOL

On 10/31/2019 at 5:09 PM, leftybutnotPM said:

You are disparaging a nation of a billion people because some people are dishonest.  

Not me.  I disparage the entire human species.  I'm grateful for dogs.

TaylorMade 300___307cc driver, 13.5°                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Top Flite Titanium Intimidator 400___3, 5, 7, 9 woods                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Mizuno Fli Hi II___driving iron                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Titleist T300___7, 8, 9, PW, AW, GW                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Titleist SM6___LW                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Tad Moore Chicopee___putter                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Titleist Pro V1x___ball

On 10/31/2019 at 1:12 PM, Cantankerish said:

Lovely.  Good video.  Disheartening human nature.

I fully agree!

-- Robert

In my bag: :ping:  G400 (10.5 degrees) | :callaway: Diablo Edge 5 Wood |:callaway: X-Hot 3 Hybrid | spacer.png 4 - PW Hybrid D350 Combo | :vokey:SM4 50, SM5 58, SM6 54 & 56 Wedges | :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 | :bushnell: Tour V4 Rangefinder | :bagboy:Defender Cart Bag

Note: This thread is 1568 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!