bones75

Poll: How Old Were You When...?

How old were you when ...  

30 members have voted

1. 1. How old were you when you stopped comfortably walking both rounds when playing 36 in a day?

• 30's
    • 40's
    • 50's
    • 60's
    • 70's+
    • don't know yet
  2. 2. How old were you when you couldn't play & walk everyday (indefinitely) without it having a negative impact on your body?

• 40's
    • 50's
    • 60's
    • 70's
    • 80's+
    • don't know yet

24 posts / 1454 viewsLast Reply

5 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Just a couple weeks ago I texted a playing partner from the day before, "When did golf begin to hurt?"

I texted my buddy something similar last weekend.  And this thread is a byproduct of that chat thread.

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

I completely understand. Back in the day, there were no obstacles that I could not overcome! At the height of my powers I felt like I could push over a brick wall just by pressing on it! Not so today. My buddy and I have gone out to play courses that we used to in the past. Some of them are quite hilly! I am astounded that I used to be able to walk these courses! I must have been part mountain goat! 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

31 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

I completely understand. Back in the day, there were no obstacles that I could not overcome! At the height of my powers I felt like I could push over a brick wall just by pressing on it! Not so today. My buddy and I have gone out to play courses that we used to in the past. Some of them are quite hilly! I am astounded that I used to be able to walk these courses! I must have been part mountain goat! 

Same! I consider myself in decent shape amongst my 40's-friends, but I'm surprised how much harder the same tracks are to walk compared to my early 30's. And I used to walk 36 easily whenever I had time. AND I was a social & golf smoker back then! Father time can suck it.

I've never played 36 in a day so I had to guess for that question which I answered the same as the second question.  60s for both questions.  I usually walk 18 unless the course is a difficult one to walk.

Not so much age for me as leukemia and the associated chemo, and bone marrow transplant, and 7 months at a hospital is what had the most effect.  My friends my age do better walking than I do, it use to be the opposite.  My legs pretty much ache every night, walking a course or not.

Health related issues are getting pretty common by the time you are in your 60s and beyond.  I'd guess most walking issues are health related more so than age related, in that someone in their 60s or 70s should be able to walk at least 18 comfortable if they don't have any chronic health issues.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades