IGNORED

G410 Plus Movable Weights

cnl390
Note: This thread is 1587 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was recently fitted for a G410 plus. 12 degree; 44", 65 g Ping Tour R at the std SW. Ordered from Ping. I went shorter than standard for more control. I didn't lose any distance. When it came in after hitting several shots on the GC Quad, we put the weight in the draw position. The thing is that it really doesn't make that much difference. But here's where it helps. With the standard length shaft my swing was outside in. With the shorter shaft my swing for some reason is inside to out.

1) If you're hitting a slice - i.e. your ball is starting straight or slightly left and bending right and heading into the woods (or away from you) your swing path is outside in and your club face is open in relation to club path. More weight in the draw position isn't going to help you.

Take some lessons or aim your shots more to the left. The Ping is a very forgiving driver but you can still hit bad shots with it.

2) Do you slice your 3W? (Y/N) If not go to the shop and try a 3W shaft in it and see if that helps. If it does, thing about going an inch to 1-1/4" shorter (44.5") (have the shop butt cut the shaft and regrip). Measure the SW and buy the weight from Ping for it to bring it up to standard weight. Us higher handicappers usually find shorter clubs easier to hit.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1587 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!