IGNORED

Back Injury, Out for Awhile…

Vinsk
Note: This thread is 1589 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 11/10/2019 at 12:09 PM, Vinsk said:

Well Friday night I guess I thought I was 13 again. Messing around with my 13 year old and his new BMX bike ( Cult Gateway), in my overzealous, invincible and inner youth I decided to show him how to do a proper manual with a 360* bar spin.

Did I factor in the fact that not only am I exponentially stronger than that inner 13 year old...I’m significantly heavier as well? Of course not!  Off I went, sailing from the bike and landing flat...on...my...back. I heard a disastrous crunch as I knocked the wind clear outta me. You can imagine as a doctor all the damage I internally began to process.

Luckily no neurological symptoms, no radiculopathy apparently. I was able to drive us home. I’ve since gone to my clinic to check for rib/vertebrae fractures. Rib fractures can be difficult to see but the radiologist and I agreed none were obvious.

Unfortunately the spasms I’m getting are almost unbearable. I’m taking a strong NSAID and a muscle relaxant to no avail. May have to get a CT/MRI if no improvement. I’m certain I tore somerhing. Probably a posterior intercostal tissue.

Anyway, damn shame. So no golf for awhile. Just brutal.😖

Ugh, I’m sorry to hear that buddy!

But damn, I wish I had seen it!   :-D

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Vinsk:

Never knew you're a doctor...surprised a doctor with a young family would have time to waste here with so many posts...always though members with many posts on forums were retired bored people.

Get well.

1 hour ago, Mr22putt said:

Vinsk:

Never knew you're a doctor...surprised a doctor with a young family would have time to waste here with so many posts...always though members with many posts on forums were retired bored people.

Get well.

Lol. Golf is Just that important to me. Let’s face it, we can all find time to do something if we really want to. Problem is running, pre-making food, gym, yoga...nauseating. It’s all helpful that I get weekdays off since I only do 12 hr Shifts. So with boys unschool and I’m off...that’s golf bro! But not for awhile...really messed up this time.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I’m home..with walker. Pain all down right side and wonderfully constipated from the narcotics. Gonna take it easy and apparently MRI showed no fractures or disc injuries which I find hard to believe. Rest now, update later. Thanks to everyone for their words of encouragement.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

On 11/10/2019 at 10:39 PM, Vinsk said:

Well Friday night I guess I thought I was 13 again. Messing around with my 13 year old and his Anyway, damn shame. So no golf for awhile. Just brutal.😖

Wow, that doesn't sound fun.  Sadly, as we get older it gets harder to do stuff.

I remember around the age of 9 or so I was running down from my apartment on the 5th floor to go play with my friends.  Each stair case has about 9 or 10 stairs.  Probably on the third stair or so I tripped and flew all the way down to the bottom.  Just got up and continued running.  Today, I would have to stop and check my entire body for injuries 😢

I feel for you.  Golf is the one sport I love at any time.  Get well soon and try to work out by doing things like walking so that you are at least fit once your back heals

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Ugh, best wishes for a speedy recovery, @Vinsk. I've had back spasms before - not this serious but still - and they are no fun.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

On 11/10/2019 at 11:09 AM, Vinsk said:

Well Friday night I guess I thought I was 13 again. Messing around with my 13 year old and his new BMX bike ( Cult Gateway), in my overzealous, invincible and inner youth I decided to show him how to do a proper manual with a 360* bar spin.

Hire a lawyer in a cheap suit! Obviously manufacturer liability for a defective product that attracts ex-jock docs! Seriously, rest...get well. Best, -Marv

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

Last night was humbling. The narcotics did a number on me regarding constipation. Just awful.  The pain that would arise in the central lower abdomen I believe was as bad as the muscle damage. It would come in waves with no warning. Finally around 2am the gates opened and out came something equivalent to a Willy Wonka scene if it was a horror film.

Couldn't move due the spasms just limiting me to a slight slither like a wounded snake. But the relief from the pressure was so wonderful I just laid there. Yes, there. This repeated itself another two times and by 4am it was too much. Hoping not to disturb my neighbors I got myself up with a couple of yells, screams really, and was upright.

Took a hot shower and removed the bedding. I’ve come to realize I may have damaged my right pelvis along with separating my right a/c joint as well. Held off for eating this far as the pain just isn’t worth it, yet. But I’m getting around with a walker and making progress to some degree. Will keep posting as I can. Off narcotics since Tuesday morning. Advil and an occasion muscle relaxant as well. 

13 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Last night was humbling. The narcotics did a number on me regarding constipation. Just awful.  The pain that would arise in the central lower abdomen I believe was as bad as the muscle damage. It would come in waves with no warning. Finally around 2am the gates opened and out came something equivalent to a Willy Wonka scene if it was a horror film.

Couldn't move due the spasms just limiting me to a slight slither like a wounded snake. But the relief from the pressure was so wonderful I just laid there. Yes, there. This repeated itself another two times and by 4am it was too much. Hoping not to disturb my neighbors I got myself up with a couple of yells, screams really, and was upright.

Took a hot shower and removed the bedding. I’ve come to realize I may have damaged my right pelvis along with separating my right a/c joint as well. Held off for eating this far as the pain just isn’t worth it, yet. But I’m getting around with a walker and making progress to some degree. Will keep posting as I can. Off narcotics since Tuesday morning. Advil and an occasion muscle relaxant as well. 

Wow...just Wow....Hope you're better soon.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

20 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Damn!  I hope you can get back to normal soon.  Our creator, as perfect as he/she is supposed to be, messed up with the musculoskeletal system.  I will race you to see who gets back on the course first.  Saw my sports doctor this morning and we're looking at PRP therapy (expensive at $850 per injection), sports massage, special PT through a sports therapist and nitroglycerine patches on my elbow.  I want my old body back!

3 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Damn!  I hope you can get back to normal soon.  Our creator, as perfect as he/she is supposed to be, messed up with the musculoskeletal system.  I will race you to see who gets back on the course first.  Saw my sports doctor this morning and we're looking at PRP therapy (expensive at $850 per injection), sports massage, special PT through a sports therapist and nitroglycerine patches on my elbow.  I want my old body back!

Dang....you two stay away from me.  I don't want to catch what you guys have.   

Seriously,   get well soon.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

@Vinsk keep your spirits up. Find diversions.. favorite old movies.. whatever. My worst was a ski injury some 15 years ago. Lost my edge and came down solidly on my tail bone on hard ice. My entire butt was completely purple for 2 weeks. It took about 4-5 weeks for me to walk fully straight. Sleeping was the worst. But it did get better. Just had to do my time. 

If MRI didn't catch anything then you will def start seeing some relief. 

Shit happens then we get better.

Vishal S.

3 hours ago, GolfLug said:

@Vinsk keep your spirits up. Find diversions.. favorite old movies.. whatever. My worst was a ski injury some 15 years ago. Lost my edge and came down solidly on my tail bone on hard ice. My entire butt was completely purple for 2 weeks. It took about 4-5 weeks for me to walk fully straight. Sleeping was the worst. But it did get better. Just had to do my time. 

If MRI didn't catch anything then you will def start seeing some relief. 

Shit happens then we get better.

Thanks Buddy. I was finally able to get some sleep from about 11:30pm to 3:00am without any interruption from spasms or pain. Sore as hell of course so just lightly stretching and reading through TST. I want to convince myself they got the CT and MRI thorax correct. No serious damage seen. That’s good. I know this will take time. I’ve developed pain in other areas, pelvis, right shoulder so may have get imaging done there as well. I may also have to file for temporary disability as I’m not too certain I’ll be able to function at my job by Tuesday. Your accident sure sounds painful and I can only imagine how that felt. They say doctors make the worst patients but I’m doing my very best. Sure a different world from this side. Thanks for your thoughts.

3 hours ago, Typhoon92 said:

Jesus Vinsk, that is awful.  So sorry, best wishes for recovery.  Next time make sure the bike has training wheels!

Oh my friend my friend, there will certainly not be a next time for that stunt! 

8 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Oh my friend my friend, there will certainly not be a next time for that stunt! 

I take it you'll be trying skateboarding next instead?

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hopefully American daytime TV isn't as bad as ours in the UK (Loose women, it's not how it sounds :-P), cos' i'm sure you'll end up an expert on it.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

3 hours ago, RussUK said:

I take it you'll be trying skateboarding next instead?

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hopefully American daytime TV isn't as bad as ours in the UK (Loose women, it's not how it sounds :-P), cos' i'm sure you'll end up an expert on it.

Lol...yeah I’m sure I’d do much better on a skateboard.😁 I stream all my TV so I’m good. Time to grab some more ‘B Horror’ flicks. Man....this sucks.

Note: This thread is 1589 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!