IGNORED

Back Injury, Out for Awhile…

Vinsk
Note: This thread is 1564 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 11/10/2019 at 12:09 PM, Vinsk said:

Anyway, damn shame. So no golf for awhile. Just brutal.

Hopefully you will get back to golf in due time with a new perspective. Nothing to compare what you are going through, but I was playing goalie in a parents vs. student soccer match about 15 years ago and dove on a ball. I made the save, but my left shoulder popped. I could not raise my arm for a couple of months and then for another 3 or 4 months could barely raise it as it was so weak.

I never went to the doctor as I am leery of your type 🙂

Now playing the best golf of my life.  

Kind of reminds me when my dad, a smoker, made my sister and I take a drag on his unfiltered Marlboro's to show us how bad they were. I can see you saying "look son, let me show you how dangerous these bikes can be". My oldest did a lot of skateboarding and he would come home with awful looking bruises on his legs, thighs, back and hips. At 33 I am surprised he isn't in a wheel chair.

Edited by Carl3

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Carl3 said:

Hopefully you will get back to golf in due time with a new perspective. Nothing to compare what you are going through, but I was playing goalie in a parents vs. student soccer match about 15 years ago and dove on a ball. I made the save, but my left shoulder popped. I could not raise my arm for a couple of months and then for another 3 or 4 months could barely raise it as it was so weak.

I never went to the doctor as I am leery of your type 🙂

Now playing the best golf of my life.  

Kind of reminds me when my dad, a smoker, made my sister and I take a drag on his unfiltered Marlboro's to show us how bad they were. I can see you saying "look son, let me show you how dangerous these bikes can be". My oldest did a lot of skateboarding and he would come home with awful looking bruises on his legs, thighs, back and hips. At 33 I am surprised he isn't in a wheel chair.

Well I hope I recover to play the best golf of my life too. All my injuries/illnesses occurred when I was much younger and invincible lol. Having this happen now has really been rough. I appreciate you responding and telling me you recovered well. My hopes are up! 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

17 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Last night was humbling. The narcotics did a number on me regarding constipation. Just awful.  The pain that would arise in the central lower abdomen I believe was as bad as the muscle damage. It would come in waves with no warning. Finally around 2am the gates opened and out came something equivalent to a Willy Wonka scene if it was a horror film.

Couldn't move due the spasms just limiting me to a slight slither like a wounded snake. But the relief from the pressure was so wonderful I just laid there. Yes, there. This repeated itself another two times and by 4am it was too much. Hoping not to disturb my neighbors I got myself up with a couple of yells, screams really, and was upright.

Took a hot shower and removed the bedding. I’ve come to realize I may have damaged my right pelvis along with separating my right a/c joint as well. Held off for eating this far as the pain just isn’t worth it, yet. But I’m getting around with a walker and making progress to some degree. Will keep posting as I can. Off narcotics since Tuesday morning. Advil and an occasion muscle relaxant as well. 

shocked jim carrey GIF

Can’t imagine how bad this is for you. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Well bad news guys. I’m back in the hospital and after having a CT/Abd done not only do I have moderately displaced rib fractures at 8-9-10...but I have a bowel perforation with abscess. So, pretty shocked but so glad I decided to come back in. I knew something was wrong....Anyway...I’ll update when I can but probably be away for awhile. Cheers.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

59 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Well bad news guys. I’m back in the hospital and after having a CT/Abd done not only do I have moderately displaced rib fractures at 8-9-10...but I have a bowel perforation with abscess. So, pretty shocked but so glad I decided to come back in. I knew something was wrong....Anyway...I’ll update when I can but probably be away for awhile. Cheers.

Get well asap. No fun being messed up. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

At least you know now what is wrong and they can begin to fix it.

The bowel perforation can’t be new. You’ve been full of shit since you joined the site. 😉

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Get well man!

Good luck, man. I've had DDD for 30 years. I had to give up golf for 15 of those years. With newer procedures, I am able to play again and enjoy the the game. 

Semper Fi,

Doc

So to the OR, or start with percutaneous drainage? Wishing you quick and uneventful interventional procedures, and a smooth recovery. 

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Yikes. Hope the improvement is quick and the recovery is fast. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Going home today! I’ll get a CT ABD next Thursday and JP drain removed and I’ll be good to go. Just some back rehab and I’m on my way....

Finally..the JP drain came out today. CT this morning showed complete resolution of the bowel perforation/abscess. So glad to be off the liquid diet in time to enjoy Thanksgiving! I’ll take it easy but gonna enjoy some real food. Can’t swing a club of course with the back..but no spasms for several days. Outlook good!

2 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Finally..the JP drain came out today. CT this morning showed complete resolution of the bowel perforation/abscess. So glad to be off the liquid diet in time to enjoy Thanksgiving! I’ll take it easy but gonna enjoy some real food. Can’t swing a club of course with the back..but no spasms for several days. Outlook good!

I highly recommend a turkey dinner smoothie! Just put it all in a blender!

Glad you are feeling better!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Yay two good medical stories today!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 1564 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!