IGNORED

FlightScope Mevo+

• Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

Some new things being announced, face impact location for $499 (only if you have pro package) discounted to $449 right now per the email I just received from Flightscope.

An entirely new Mevo+ unit with a bigger battery, a kickstand that defaults to 12 degrees, and a PC version of the FS Golf App ($99 upgrade for existing Mevo+ owners)

Find out what's new! Compare the upgraded 2023 FlightScope Mevo+ golf launch monitor with the...

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

👀

This is definitely intriguing. I do not know enough about radars to know how the unit is gaining this information but I will certainly be staying tuned to learn more. I did go on their site but I did not see any specifics on how it gains the information or how accurate it will be.   

Brandon Fox

Rochester, NY

3 minutes ago, bjfox10 said:

👀

This is definitely intriguing. I do not know enough about radars to know how the unit is gaining this information but I will certainly be staying tuned to learn more. I did go on their site but I did not see any specifics on how it gains the information or how accurate it will be.   

Personally I don't find it that intriguing and probably won't buy it. Not since it's an additional add on on top of the pro package.

In a few Facebook groups I'm in related to Mevo+ people are pretty pissed that Flightscope is charging $99 for the PC Version of FS Golf as it had seemingly been promised for the last 2 years or so with no prior mention of it being an upgrade or additional cost.

This is confusing. You still pay for the unit itself. If you want the pro package upgrade, you have to pay $1,000 (although it's showing up as less on the flightscope site right now for whatever reason). If you want the face impact package, you have to pay $500 on top of that. Finally, if you have the old model, the software for your computer is $100. Am I missing anything?

Doesn't this seem confusing to anyone else? Also, is it worth paying $500 for the face impact package when you can see that with foot spray or impact tape? Is there something else it does that I'm missing?

All that said, you can get the old version of Mevo+ with the pro package for $2500 on their website right now. That's basically a $500 discount from a few weeks ago.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

1 minute ago, DeadMan said:

This is confusing. You still pay for the unit itself. If you want the pro package upgrade, you have to pay $1,000 (although it's showing up as less on the flightscope site right now for whatever reason). If you want the face impact package, you have to pay $500 on top of that. Finally, if you have the old model, the software for your computer is $100. Am I missing anything?

Nope you aren't missing anything, that's all correct.

2 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

Doesn't this seem confusing to anyone else? Also, is it worth paying $500 for the face impact package when you can see that with foot spray or impact tape? Is there something else it does that I'm missing?

I don't think it's particularly confusing, just annoying. IMO there should only be one upgrade, the Pro Package should come with the face impact. I don't think the $500 is worth it for most users. Maybe for coaches who use the Mevo+, but I don't think most average golfers will get $500 of value out of it. 

8 minutes ago, klineka said:

I don't think the $500 is worth it for most users.

I am thinking about pro package upgrade this year. Face impact location is not worth $500 for me.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

9 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

I am thinking about pro package upgrade this year. Face impact location is not worth $500 for me.

The pro package is $800 right now. I really enjoy having the extra parameters, specifically the dynamic loft, club path, face to path, and vertical swing plane.

Edited by klineka
  • Like 1

Flightscope has officially clarified the PC FS App is free for current and new Pro Package users.

Personally I'm sticking to my iPad for now but nice knowing that exists if I did decide to PC in the future.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, DeadMan said:

All that said, you can get the old version of Mevo+ with the pro package for $2500 on their website right now. That's basically a $500 discount from a few weeks ago.

I don’t think it’s super confusing. I do wish the face info was included with the pro package but whatever. That is mostly just us not wanting to pay more.

1 hour ago, klineka said:

Nope you aren't missing anything, that's all correct.

I don't think it's particularly confusing, just annoying. IMO there should only be one upgrade, the Pro Package should come with the face impact. I don't think the $500 is worth it for most users. Maybe for coaches who use the Mevo+, but I don't think most average golfers will get $500 of value out of it. 

I don’t think I’ll get the face stuff, but I might if my cost is a bit lower as a rep/affiliate.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, klineka said:

The pro package is $800 right now. I really enjoy having the extra parameters, specifically the dynamic loft, club path, face to path, and vertical swing plane.

I'm pulling the trigger. The IACASPLUS code doesn't seem to do anything, I assume because it is on sale already.

-Peter

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Darkfrog said:

I'm pulling the trigger. The IACASPLUS code doesn't seem to do anything, I assume because it is on sale already.

If you followed the link and used the code I’ll still get a small amount. Thank you.

I hope you followed the link. 😀

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

I hope you followed the link. 😀

I think I followed the link in @klineka's post (#170) replying to mine, hopefully the same as the sidebar.

Does anyone know, since the pro package uses the camera, is a certain amount of light required? Haven't been able to turn up anything in internet searches.

-Peter