IGNORED

FlightScope Mevo+

• Administrator

Everyone getting the Pro Package, you won't be able to upgrade until February 1, so please wait until I have a code you can use to save the 10% (if you order before February 1).

I'll have it within a few days, so you won't be waiting long.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 1/19/2022 at 11:32 AM, klineka said:

How do you like the Awesome Golf simulator package?

I will be buying a Mevo+ in the summer when I build out my garage simulator in the new house and have been watching a few videos on the various platforms that work with the Mevo+ and trying to figure out which software I want to go with for simulator play.

I can’t speak for Awesome Golf, but if it’s helpful I’ve been really happy with e6 Connect so far.  There are a couple minor improvements I’d like to see, but for a free app it’s been really good.  I think I’ll be good with it for quite some time before considering some sort of upgrade on the simulator  software side.

On 1/19/2022 at 10:14 AM, iacas said:

I'm reading that the tilt for the FS app is now going to be 12° instead of 16°. I haven't confirmed it yet (I've been using the Awesome Golf simulator the past two weeks).

That makes my purchase of these a nice thing — I can figure out which slot is 12° and set my Mevo+ to that:

With FS going to 12 degrees (which appears to be preferred tilt for simulators as well) and the unit coming with the simulator tilt tool/guide, do you think a stand is still beneficial?  I guess its probably preference, but not sure if there’s something I’m not thinking of.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Denny Bang Bang said:

With FS going to 12 degrees (which appears to be preferred tilt for simulators as well) and the unit coming with the simulator tilt tool/guide, do you think a stand is still beneficial?  I guess its probably preference, but not sure if there’s something I’m not thinking of.

I don’t know what you’re asking.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 10/30/2021 at 8:58 PM, iacas said:

pro-p-chart.png

Can someone explain the speed and acceleration profiles to me. I tried watching one of the livestreams where they went into it but it was incredibly dry and my attention span wouldn't allow me to watch the whole thing lol. I assume it's essentially tempo and maximizing speed at impact. I'm familiar with all the other terms and can discern what they mean but these are new to me so just want to clarify.

15 hours ago, iacas said:

I don’t know what you’re asking.

Sure, hopefully a better way to share the thought and question.

I assumed the benefit of the stand was the ability to accurately adjust tilt, as different programs seem to have different optimal tilt (until maybe now).  The Mevo+ unit comes with a plastic tool/guide that adjusts tilt to 12 degrees.

Beyond tilt, I’m wondering what other benefits a stand would have?

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Lugowskins said:

Can someone explain the speed and acceleration profiles to me. I tried watching one of the livestreams where they went into it but it was incredibly dry and my attention span wouldn't allow me to watch the whole thing lol. I assume it's essentially tempo and maximizing speed at impact. I'm familiar with all the other terms and can discern what they mean but these are new to me so just want to clarify.

Does this answer it for you?

Speed-Acceleration-Profile-1.png

Find out why FlightScope golf launch monitors' speed & acceleration profiles are huge for club fitting. Check our sample data sets to see it for yourself.

Or this?

1 hour ago, Denny Bang Bang said:

Sure, hopefully a better way to share the thought and question.

I assumed the benefit of the stand was the ability to accurately adjust tilt, as different programs seem to have different optimal tilt (until maybe now).  The Mevo+ unit comes with a plastic tool/guide that adjusts tilt to 12 degrees.

Beyond tilt, I’m wondering what other benefits a stand would have?

Oh, I gotcha now.

The stand has some nice features, but mainly… I can note what notch creates a tilt of 12°, or 17° as preferred by Awesome Golf, or 16° or whatever… and then put the back leg in those notches without needing the tool.

I can also do this more easily on uneven floors — in either direction — to adjust for the tilt or roll of the floor itself. If my floor slopes down and to the left, 12° with the tool won't be 12° and level with the Mevo+, so I can use the screw legs to adjust the Mevo+ to be 12°/0°.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm going to wait until it's actually warm enough out to use it, but I think I've talked myself into getting a Mevo+ for the upcoming season. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, jamo said:

I'm going to wait until it's actually warm enough out to use it, but I think I've talked myself into getting a Mevo+ for the upcoming season. 

Sounds good. Use the affiliate links here on the site and I'll repay it with… something. A round, some added lesson time if you get to somewhere nearby, etc. Maybe I can get out to Boston this summer to work with Liam and you could swing by.

• Thumbs Up 1

I guess the PGA show is in full stride now, there is a ton of information in Flightscope's Instagram Stories right now, watch them before they disappear. Here is an officially endorsed battery charger, 7 hours. Not available yet, coming soon.

Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 12.55.39 PM.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
7 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Here is an officially endorsed battery charger, 7 hours. Not available yet, coming soon.

It's available now. It's been available.

https://amzn.to/34heQ00

I have this one I ordered from flightscope when I bought my Mevo+ was there a problem with these?

4CFA95F8-4CE2-477A-A714-4C22CD1DEB30.thumb.jpeg.18b1595a545214abace41428534925cc.jpeg

Has anyone tried the rct balls with the Mevo+ instead of putting dots on the balls?

58 minutes ago, Slowcelica said:

Has anyone tried the rct balls with the Mevo+ instead of putting dots on the balls?

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

• Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator

The codes for the Pro Package were mailed out, and you can support TST by buying your Pro Package (with your discount if you were an early adopter) here:

Or if you don't want to click through to another topic here at TST first:

An add-on option to the award winning Mevo+ that gives access to more data parameters powered by FlightScope's patented Fusion Tracking technology. No subscription required.     Fusion Tracking for Mevo+...

Or: https://store.flightscopemevo.com/products/mevo-plus-pro-package?sca_ref=1637810.LC59kav7CS.

Don't forget to apply the code they emailed to you so that you can save the 10%. If you are seeing this after February 1 and you didn't get a code, you can still buy it at the link, and any future sales codes will work.

• iacas changed the title to FlightScope Mevo+
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrator

I have this and it's pretty good.

The Pro Package is great, too. Whether you use FS Golf or this software, the Mevo+ is great.

Affiliate links are in the sidebar (but not for Awesome Golf, which you can buy on the App Store).

6 minutes ago, iacas said:

I have this and it's pretty good.

The Pro Package is great, too. Whether you use FS Golf or this software, the Mevo+ is great.

Affiliate links are in the sidebar (but not for Awesome Golf, which you can buy on the App Store).

Thanks for sharing. I'll watch this later, I think I could have a pretty fun setup between the free FS Golf software and the Awesome Golf software both running on an iPad. I had been contemplating what software route I wanted to go down but I was looking at the screenshots and capabilities for Awesome Golf and it looks pretty promising. The $349.99 lifetime license doesn't feel too bad either. I like that it has the multiple different modes like the challenges, shootouts, and virtual golf plus just the normal driving range mode.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

• Administrator

I mean, yeah, but just trial it fully before you buy. I don't regret it at all, but there are only the four shootouts (chipping into kiddie pools, blowing up buildings, hitting ships, and… making buildings fall into holes), a range, four nine-hole golf courses, four challenges, and… that's about it.

https://www.awesome-golf.com

Well worth it, but I also use it with students, juniors, etc.