iacas

This Guy Has a Gapping Problem!

23 posts / 1312 viewsLast Reply

Can you recommend a club for him to fill in that 220-280 gap? Sheesh.

Also, I love two other things:

• I love how his 5I and 6I go one distance, but the others cover a range of 10+ yards.
  • I love how a guy who hits his 6I 160 hits his driver 280-310.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

9 minutes ago, iacas said:

Also, I love two other things:

• I love how his 5I and 6I go one distance, but the others cover a range of 10+ yards.

To be generous, maybe that's rollout on his driver under perfect conditions and carry on the others????  And to fill the gap he hits a "baby" driver taking off 3/8, 2/8 or 1/8.  Yep, looks suspicious and ego-driven to me.

Choke up on the driver, or tell the truth! I seriously doubt that someone that can't hit their Irons as far as me can hit his driver that far.

I know people are poor judges of their own golf game but that dude takes the cake. I'd love to know how he has determined these distances. 

9 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Most of my yardages are within spitting distance of his, except that I carry my driver 230, not 310!

Same here.

Must have got his yardages with his driver being downwind, bouncing off cart path, and then rolling forever on some baked out fairways

Seems a little suspicious there. I've heard of people hitting their driver 40 yards farther than their 3-wood, but 60 yards?! I call BS. I hit my driver 30-40 yards further than my 4-wood. But then again I don't exactly hit my 4-wood correctly (as a matter of fact I almost never hit it for that reason.)

Yeah. Definitely weird to look at. I hit everything under driver close to what he does. The only time I got my driver to his distance involved a really big hill I was hitting off and a cart path.

Is it possible that he's hitting an illegal driver? Even at that I'm not sure it should be that big a gap if the distances are really true.

If I remember correctly, when Callaway made their illegal driver, only folks with high swing speeds benefitted, and the yardage they gained wasn't very much.

15 hours ago, iacas said:

He choose hitting his max driver distance for life over holing all his putts inside 10 feet. 😉

Good choice. 😀

15 hours ago, iacas said:

driver off the deck, baby!  haha

Nowhere on that chart does it mention anything about the driver going STRAIGHT. I can crank it out there when I want... finding it is the issue.

Sounds like my buddy before I convinced him otherwise. I had come to the realization that I should finally move up to the gold tees. My buddy refused to believe it, insisting he was still pumping drives out there 260-270. So, I'd let him tee off from the whites, I'd tee of from the golds and outdrive him! I should have just got even with him. 

The moment of truth finally came on a, for him, 400 yard par 4. He hit his usual drive, and I asked him how for he thought he hit it. He said he caught it decent, so about 260. When we got to his ball he checked his Garmin watch and had 180 in! I asked him if he hit that drive 260 why did he have 180 in and not 140? Did the course make a 40 yard mistake in measuring the hole, or is the GPS off. Being a hardhead he actually insisted that his GPS must be off, so he hit his 140 club, nailed it and, of course, wound of 40 yards short! 

I think that's when the realization finally set in!