IGNORED

I checked in behind a retired, walking single yesterday...

Fairway_CY
Note: This thread is 1598 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Wow...I thought I was fast. I played the other day (walking) in about 2:45. My wife and I usually walk 18 holes in right around three hours if no one is holding us up. 

P.S. Not retired, drive a Honda but there are a lot of BMW's in the lot.

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Retired, walker, drive a German SUV, lol.  Also play at least 3-4 times a week most of the year. It usually takes 4hrs for a round because it's busy and we have to wait for the group ahead to clear but if we are not held up, our threesome or foursome will play in about 3hrs.  Ready golf is the only way to play imo 

22 hours ago, Lihu said:

Champions Speed Golf Tour? 😂

Yeah, that’s pretty fast for a retiree!

It has been my observation it is pretty quick for anybody, especially for a course that has significant walks between green to the next tee. 

Butch

I had an opportunity to play by myself yesterday. I walked 18 holes in a little under 3 hours. Maybe 2:50+/- something. (6600 yards)

Didn't catch up with anyone, and never saw anyone close behind me. Just kept my ball in easy, next shot play, which allowed me to keep moving. Never had to spend time looking for a ball.

Didn't stop at the turn, since I had my snacks, and beverages with me. This also meant I was able to wave the beverage cart lady by. No time spent with her.

Another plus was that I was on my home course. That meant I knew the yardages, and club selection was pretty automatic. Familiarity with the greens also meant less time spent there. 

Could I have played this fast on an unfamiliar course? Probably not. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I can think of a bunch of reasons, in combination, for this result. One, the guy is a pretty good golfer. Keeping it on the short grass and out of the tall and uncut really helps. Two, the guy knows the course well, so doesn't have to spend much time fussing over yardage. Three, even though he's an older gent, he probably has never had a serious hip or knee injury. Ask me how I know.

Note: This thread is 1598 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!