IGNORED

PGA Tour's 2020 Pace of Play Changes

iacas
Note: This thread is 1203 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

PGA Tour's Policy  

36 members have voted

1. 1. How big of a difference will the PGA Tour's new policy make?

• None - It's all for show.
    • Some. They'll make an example of a few people, and that'll be that.
    • A moderate amount. Players will speed up after a few get some penalty shots.
    • A bunch. It will noticeably improve the pace of play on the PGA Tour.

17 minutes ago, Bonvivant said:

I could agree with this, but I think that the time should almost certainly be 40 seconds * x(par of the course) which would give each player 48 minutes.

So 6 miles (this would be if they weren't hitting it dead straight or there were big walks between green and tee) x 15 minute miles (4mph is just a good brisk walking speed) is 90 minutes + 48 minutes * 3 players comes out to a 3.9 hour round. I think that would be acceptable to me.

Guys could take their time on important shots, but would be completely DQed if they went over their allotted 48 minutes. That fear alone would speed many up. I don't know that everyone on tour walks that fast, but at least PoP would be ever looming and they wouldn't just sit there waiting for the wind to die down and stuff like that.

Yeah the curling system is great and I like your time amount although I disagree with it being a shot clock.

I prefer the circling system you get say 48 minutes but you decide how its allocated.

You dont waste time on easy shots so that you have extra time for other more important shots as you see fit.

In curling you do get a timeout for a very important situation to freeze the clock totally.

The curling system is even more applicable to matchplay.

Edited by cutchemist42

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

38 minutes ago, cutchemist42 said:

I prefer the circling system you get say 48 minutes but you decide how its allocated.

Until the guy you’re paired with decides to take 10 minutes on a shot. (Or in the group ahead, or two groups ahead.) Then their decision becomes your delay. 

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

43 minutes ago, cutchemist42 said:

In curling you do get a timeout for a very important situation to freeze the clock totally.

I don't think that this should apply to golf where there is already a rule addressing time per shot. Also i still don't know how getting rules officials involved would play out. I would argue that if you are lobbying for relief, and it isn't granted, that should be time against your clock (not for the official to get over, but for all of the time talking with them), but if it is granted, the conversation time (and waiting for them to get there) should NOT be counted against your clock. 

8 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

Until the guy you’re paired with decides to take 10 minutes on a shot. (Or in the group ahead, or two groups ahead.) Then their decision becomes your delay. 

I agree with this sentiment as well. I think there should be a 2 minute max with everything else being like the curling stuff. If you can't hit it in 2 minutes, it is time for a new career. 

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

Note: This thread is 1203 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!