IGNORED

What Are Your 2020 Golf Goals?

iacas
Note: This thread is 1238 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2020 Golf goals

Break 100 and then stay in the 90's (hopefully break 90)consistently and minimize blow up holes. By breaking the first barrier, I feel it will boost my confidence immensely. With regular practice lately, I have made considerable progress with iron ball striking and am confident that progress would correlate well to a much lower score already on the course. I may be able to be under 100 already as my best card was 104 last year and I am striking the ball much more consistently now then I did then.

Play at least 2 rounds of golf per week from April to November (our typical season here). This will help with my course management and MY realistic on course expectations, not that of what a pro would be able to play/do with any particular shot I am facing. 

At least 2 disciplined, well thought out range sessions per week. I currently practice a significant amount on short to mid irons and wedges in an attempt to find my "swing groove" and improve overall ball striking. I also practice quite a bit of 30-120 yard shots and putting. I will incorporate sand time when the local range opens that part of the facility again. Implement more practice time with driver. Continue to putt at least 15 minutes a day inside during our "off season" to targets in the house from 20' and in. 

Average one professional lesson per month. Not just for the sake of it, but to work on overall game and whatever I may be having issues with that particular moment/month. This could certainly increase if problems really hinder progress and if I can monetarily swing it.

Begin to use driver with confidence. As stated above, I need to practice with the long stick more and certainly have an instructor work with me a lot with this club. At the moment, I lack confidence in my ability to hit this club. To be fair, I have not practiced much with driver and so am quite inconsistent with it. This is a big mental piece to my current game play that I think if I can start to get off the box consistently with even a 150-175 yard poke, it will really boost my mental game and have me on my way in the 90's consistently. 

Be healthy and continue to enjoy the game and camaraderie it provides with friends. 

Driver - Callaway Epic Flash, 3 Wood - Callaway Mavrik, 4 Hybrid - Callaway Big Bertha,

Irons - 5-AW Mavrik Pro's, Putter - Odyssey White Hot OG 1, Ball - Callaway Chrome Soft

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My 2020 goals are-
1. Continue to focus on better contact with my Fairways and Hybrids.
2. Try to shoot in the mid to low 80's
3. take a couple of golf trips
4. Sign my son up for a junior gold league

-- Robert

In my bag: :ping:  G400 (10.5 degrees) | :callaway: Diablo Edge 5 Wood |:callaway: X-Hot 3 Hybrid | spacer.png 4 - PW Hybrid D350 Combo | :vokey:SM4 50, SM5 58, SM6 54 & 56 Wedges | :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 | :bushnell: Tour V4 Rangefinder | :bagboy:Defender Cart Bag

Ok finally time to plan my golf goals for 2020. here they are: 

1) Same scoring goal as last year (which I didn't achieve), I want to get my handicap at or below 15.0 before YE 2020. How am I going to achieve this?

- Get Another Full Swing Lesson and work on my priority piece throughout the year

- Modify some of practices to be more game like training 

- Re-grip my putter, and spend a little time each week working on speed control 

2) Play More Golf than Last Year

- I played 29 times in 2019 (including my round tomorrow), and will strive to play 30 times in 2020. 

- I will try and play at least every other week even if it is only 9 holes

- Play 9 holes more often when my lunch break permits

3) Get my list of Golf Courses Played up to 70 (currently at 60)

- Play Golf on my planned trips to Colorado, North Carolina, and Tennessee this year

- Play at least 5 new courses in the Houston area

- Play at least one course that ranked a "7" on the Doak Scale in the Confidential Guide

I'd like to play at least 18 holes a week once the season starts.  It would be nice to shoot in the mid to low 80s again, maybe by just by playing more frequent rounds. I'd like to travel and/or play a famous course I've never been able to play for my 40th.  Maybe just locally at Erin Hills, or a couple days up in Sand Valley.  Playing a lot of disc golf will be on the list as well.  

Edited by cipher

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

1) Improve my handicap and bring it down to single figures

2) Win at least one prize in a club tournament

3) Practice/play at least once every week

4) Learn or re-learn a skill

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

End of 2019 was off, as an overly full schedule of suteaching, work in suicide prevention,a pulled muscle, cool Phoenix weather, and even some rain, made getting out, even to a range, quite the adventure.

I even hit a pause in days doing 5 minute daily. (will restart soon)

My goals for 2020 are simple.

As the year ended with much well in my game, just maintaining solid contact is the prime directive.

I would like to gain an extra 10-15 mph ball speed.

Continue to gain mastery of my PING G410+ and shaping shots with the hybrids and irons.

ut, most importantly, to continue to have fun and share thoughts on TST.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

My main goal for this year is finally getting (and keeping) a single digit HCP - currently at 10.8, by:

• keeping my drives in play
    • Swing Speed Golf training
    • deliberately drawing or fading the drives // allowing for draws and fades
  • Increase # GIR > 150m
  • Increase # up-and-downs < 30m
  • Hole more putts <8 ft
    • get that Puttout out again
  • avoid taking on high risk shots.
  • not giving up after a messed up hole

As a result I should be able to break 80 as well

What's in the bag:

:ping: G20 Driver (10,5, TFC 169D R-flex)
:tmade: Burner 5w
:ping: G20 4i-PW (yellow dot, CFS R-flex)
:cleveland: RTX 588 50°,56° and 60° wedges
:ping: Karsten Anser 2 putter
:srixon: AD333 ball

• PING CFS

1st - break 90 and then break 90 consistently. For that I will need to work on my driver a lot. I hit it decently far so that means a mishit results in trouble. And after that the second thing that I will need to work on will be putting. I will try to get at least 1 hour of putting and 2 hours of full swing practice in per week over the winter. 

2nd - get my hcp in the low 10s range (which is coincidental with the 1st goal) - with the hcp system change I will actually have a legit handicap for the first time in my life as currently I was only reporting 1 or 2 rounds per year (only tournament rounds counted). 

3rd - play as much as possible, I’ve had 20-25 rounds this year and thought it was quite a lot. If things at work work out I will be able to play at least once per week. 

Consistently shoot in the 80s. I'm reading "How To Break 90" and they provide some good  advise, mostly on course strategy / management, knowing your limitations and playing to them, avoiding the dreaded snow man, etc. It is a good read, now to put it into practice. But I live in New York so I'll have to wait till spring breaks or we get some 45*+ days with no wind. But 80s is my goal for 2020.

Just now, cooke119 said:

Consistently shoot in the 80s. I'm reading "How To Break 90" and they provide some good  advise, mostly on course strategy / management, knowing your limitations and playing to them, avoiding the dreaded snow man, etc. It is a good read, now to put it into practice. But I live in New York so I'll have to wait till spring breaks or we get some 45*+ days with no wind. But 80s is my goal for 2020.

May I send you a copy of my new book, signed, titled "How to Break 80 (wine glasses)"?

Getting back to the forums after a while.

Goal for 2020: Break 80. Play enough and practice enough to have a shot at the goal.

Issues:

• Approach shots is missing the green and the round becomes a bogey train with a double or two. 
  • Driver: Unable to tap into the distance due to penalties with errant tee shots.

Focus: Figure out swing to improve distance control and better GIR.

Also: Hoping to play in the UK this summer. Starting my research about the affordable Links courses mentioned in this forums. 

Reduce doubles and triples. Examine my misses:  striking, shot selection, club selection? etc.

I will shoot lower scores with fewer doubles and triples than an extra birdie every 5 rounds.

2020 - Goals

A- Begin to compete in Mid Ams and Ams (I didn´t do it in 2019 because of healt issues). 
B- Now that I have an index of 2.3 i will try to lower it as much as I can, 0 would be a nice achivement.
C- I will try to improve a couple of yards with the driver  

2020 - Plan

A- I will not be worried about the outcome and just suscribe and enjoy Am tournaments.  
B- Because of lowerback pains i´m not allowed to practice on the week so I will try to practice at my home course on the weekends and focus on score only on important tournaments. I will work with lowerback muscles in order to feel less pain and try to keep a better posture. 
C- I will keep hitting the gym, i´m a 5'10 skinny guy (155 lbs) so i wil try to gain strength with weigth trainning.

Get my index under 10 and break 80. My index has been going steadily up for three years and is now 11.5. I broke 80 at least a couple of times for 25 years in a row and failed to do it the last two years. I just turned 67 but that is no excuse. I am in good health and almost always walk when I play.

I have already had a talk with my pro and we are going to start a program when the weather breaks and we have a chance to meet more regularly. One session on the Trackman/Simulator and then we'll go to the range and/or course after that at least once a month, including a couple of nine hole walking lessons. 

Bill M

2020 Goals

• Break 80
  • Reach single digit handicap
  • Record 20 birdies
  • Play in first local club tournament
  • Beat my step-father in a round of golf
  • Get fitted for a new set of clubs

I think it's going to be the same as last year and that's to try and play more, all I did last year was 2 or 3 casual rounds with my neighbor and 3 tournaments with my union but they are only scrambles but I did play pretty well in the last one. I know my index isn't near what's on my profile probably more like 7 or maybe even 8 but I can still feel myself being able to swing the club like before its touch and consistency that are off right now.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

I always struggle with this because I have never done a good job of tracking my stats so...

#1 Start keeping stats for every round played and log them in an excel file

#2 Join a league and play at least 3 rounds a week while also having at least 1 separate dedicated practice session a week

#3 Break par over 9 holes

#4 Don't shoot over 90 ever again

#5 Work on course management have a plan going in to each round and execute

#6 Learn that clubbing down and swinging smooth is an option not every swing has to be a Herculean effort. 

#7 I play a lot of scrambles with my group of weekend warriors I want to win at least 3. Won one last year, our first in 3 years of playing together.

#8 I have new irons coming tomorrow so I want to have my yardages absolutely pinpointed by the time the actual season rolls around (I'm in MIchigan so anywhere from 2-4 months from now lol)

Long story short have fun but get good

Note: This thread is 1238 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!