IGNORED

What Are Your 2020 Golf Goals?

iacas
Note: This thread is 1238 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, Piz said:

It's 2020 already?!   Wasn't it 2019 just a few disasters ago?

Fixed it for you.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My 2020 goals are tough because I'm not sure what's going to happen with the local tournaments and qualifiers this year. I had a good, rough plan but now it's a bit up in the air.

For me, I've been fortunate to have a strong mental game and I try like heck. I'll jump out the car 30-40 times a year and play around scratch. I can't keep getting away with that and to get to the levels I want I need to devote way more time.

I live in a cold area and am heading out for my 40th round of the year, spanning from March till now. This is all I want to focus on. Play more, practice more, and be more devoted. Find ways to get better each day.

Found a course nearby with that good ol championship course deep rough just off the greens, which is a shot I don't have down. Looking to get out and make that shot my @$@$@. 😊

On 11/25/2019 at 10:03 AM, iacas said:

Like our 2008 , 2009 , 2010 , 2011 , 2012 , 2013 2014, 2015201620172018, and 2019 threads, here's the official thread for 202!

The rules are the same as they've been:

1. Post your goals personal golf-related goals for 2020. Be specific and thorough.
  2. Elaborate on how you'll go about achieving these goals. Details, people! :-)
  3. Post just once, though if you reach all of your goals, you should quote your post and revise them later in the year. And set harder goals next year.
  4. Keep the replies to a minimum. This thread is mostly for the posting of goals. If you want to encourage more discussion of your goals, post a copy of them in your Member Swing thread.

If you're looking to recap your 2019 goals, that topic can be found right here.

Let's hear 'em!

I've decided to set a goal to get a hole in one this year. Yes, this is a sincere and honest goal. Yes, I've been listening to a lot of Tony Robinns on goal setting. Setting the goal (writing it down, or in this case typing) is the first step to achieving anything worth achieving!

1 hour ago, CliftonGT said:

I've decided to set a goal to get a hole in one this year. Yes, this is a sincere and honest goal. Yes, I've been listening to a lot of Tony Robinns on goal setting. Setting the goal (writing it down, or in this case typing) is the first step to achieving anything worth achieving!

Every New Year's Eve, at a local watering hole, I write on the nearest paper napkin (cloth once) that I will have a hole-in-one. 15 years and nothing!   I've got one but looking for #2.

What is Tony Robbins' World Golf ranking???

Edited by Double Mocha Man

Very much revised. Just go out and play golf. Forget about the scores. Forget about the rules. Just hit the ball around the course. With the COVID rules no way to practice or get range time in until late in the season according to our governor and everything is subject to permission. So I'm playing "practice rounds." I was going to join the USGA and get my handicap again this year, but that'll wait until next year. Don't say get a net because my back yard isn't level and I don't have room in my garage.

Edited by DrvFrShow
  • Like 1

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

4 hours ago, DrvFrShow said:

Very much revised. Just go out and play golf. Forget about the scores. Forget about the rules. Just hit the ball around the course. With the COVID rules no way to practice or get range time in until late in the season according to our governor and everything is subject to permission. So I'm playing "practice rounds." I was going to join the USGA and get my handicap again this year, but that'll wait until next year. Don't say get a net because my back yard isn't level and I don't have room in my garage.

At this point, my only goal is to complete the 2020 Birdie (Par for me) challenge. 4 holes to go, and I even have 1 birdie. 10, 14 and 18 should be fairly easy, but 9 is more difficult. I usually consider bogey a decent score there.

Added: If the stupid weather ever start cooperating.

Edited by CarlSpackler
Addition
  • Like 1

- Shane

I’ve recently read both “the inner game of tennis” and “the inner game of golf” which really focuses on the psychology of golf and sport and life in general. 

there were a couple of rounds that I played where I felt I couldn’t miss. Every time I stepped up to the ball I knew I was going to hit the ball well, whether it was a drive, an approach shot to the green, a chip, or a putt. Not every game was like this, in over 200 rounds it might have happened twice. 

The book focuses on getting to that point by breaking down our two selfs - self 1 and self 2 . Very interesting reads and would recommend any serious golfer to read the inner game of tennis Or inner game of golf and apply its lessons to your golf game . 

this is going to be my goal for 2020 - to approach the game better from a mental perspective and to try and achieve rounds like the one described above . If I can do that, the scores will come. 

nice to read everyone’s goals . Glad to have found this page. 

Edited by thechunker
Spelling

1) My first goal is to simply practice more, specifically 5 times a week. I'm in a casual league (assuming leagues resume), so I'll get 9 holes each week until September. I have a mat and a net, no reason not to use that at least 3 times each week. I also plan on doing the 5 Minutes Daily, would love to reach 60+. I also signed up for Evolvr, so that alone should get me practicing more often. This should be the easiest goal to reach, but I know it will make a huge difference in my game.

2) I like CarlSpackler's idea of doing the 2020 TST Birdie Challenge as a par challenge, so I will sign up for that. If my golf league happens I'll get plenty of rounds in.

3) I would like to break 90 five times and break 40 on 9 ten times. I mysteriously broke 90 my first time out this year, not sure I did all of last year. I believe the extra practice, and especially Evolvr, will be the key to achieving this goal.

4) I'd like to get my index < 15. Right now the app I use has it around 20, so I think I can get there with the extra practice and lessons.

5) Plan (and take) 1 golf trip. I've been talking about this with friends for ages, this year it needs to happen. Covid-19 might make that difficult, but I still think it will be manageable.

My goal is to shoot par for 18 holes.  

Almost did it today, was a best ever -3 after 9 and finished up with a +1, 72 on the day.

Made one mental mistake on the par 3 11th hole, should have clubbed up one with a small breeze and ended up putting it in the sand, and taking a  bogey.

Still a great round, by far the best I have ever played.

2020-05-15_1523.png

Lots of great and very specific goals from the group! My goals are quite simple. Play more rounds and enjoy getting to play the game! I've had a number of health issues recently, including a detached retina. My eye sight in my right eye hasn't returned to full capacity and unfortunately never will. I was only able to play 4 rounds last year. But I'm determined to get back out on the course this year and enjoy this wonderful game.

My goals for 2020 are to just play more, to consistently shot in the 90s or better, and to work on my putting. My driving and iron play has been pretty good since last year. I actually got a GIR on a long par 5 last week even after slicing my tee shot onto another fairway, which had me pumped for this year. 

I have a handful:

- Play twice a week. It's been years since I played golf regularly. After some great conversations with my wife (and her best friend's husband also wanting to) we just joined the local country club. Fantastic course, 7 minutes from home. I have no more excuses. 

- Get my HC to 8 or better. 5 years ago, the last time I was playing a lot, I was a 6. 8 is pretty realistic for me, as long as......

- Stay pain free. I have problems with Tennis elbow when I play a lot. I love the range, but I'm going to have to manage this if I want to reach my other goals. 

- Really teach my 10 year old son the game. He got into it last year, and can hack it around the course. Funny thing about hockey players, golf seems to come easy. This year, at a more prestigious club than the goat track we played last year, I want to focus on rules, etiquette, and respect for the game. He can work on his swing at golf camp!

My current handicap is 14.4.  My 2020 goal is to reach 12.  I would like to go single digit , but need to remain realistic.  To achieve that I will need to play more than once a week.

• :callaway: Callaway Epic Flash Driver.  Epic Flash 3 Wood.  GBB Flash 5 wood.  Epic Flash 4 Hybrid
  • :cleveland: Cleveland Launcher HB Irons, 4 through PW. CBX2 Wedges, 54 & 60 degree.
  • :seemore:  Seemore Si1 putter.

The no sevens challenge and breaking 90.

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: XR-16 Driver 10.5° :callaway: Epic Flash 3W, Big Bertha Steelhead 5W

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

I’ve been chipping away at the birdie challenge. Otherwise ....2020 just written off as a dumpster fire.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

5 hours ago, Vinsk said:

2020 just written off as a dumpster fire.

This is the understatement of the decade.

I haven’t been allowed to play my selected course for this challenge because it’s in NH. My league hasn’t even started. I’ve been getting on as a single and playing 9 often though with only one birdie this year.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 1238 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!