• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Affiliates

SuperSpeed
    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo
    • Woods, Thomas, McIlroy and Rose headline 'Payne’s Valley Cup' 18-Hole Match for Charity will be Televised Live on GOLF Channel Tuesday, Sept. 22; Encore on NBC, Dec. 26-27; Also Streaming on Select NBC Sports apps and GolfPass The new Big Cedar Lodge Payne Stewart tribute course, Payne's Valley, opened with the inaugural Payne's Valley Cup, with Woods, Thomas, McIlroy and Rose in a USA v. Europe format.  Great course, great competition, settled on the 19th hole. The Payne’s Valley Cup will implement a comprehensive health and safety play that will follow all recommended protocols put in place by the PGA TOUR and local government, utilizing testing measures to help protect the health and safety of the players, officials, the production team and others on-site. The Missouri Governor, Mike Parson, hob-nobbed with the other celebs. Then he tested positive. If you wanna give Payne's Valley a try, it's $225.
    • True story: I was invited to play in a scramble a few years ago. As the day approached the weather reports were indicating rain. My golf partners were taking a cautious, wait and see attitude. The night before the event all of my partners had bowed out. The scramble had not officially been cancelled at this point. Having taken the day off, I decided to head over to the course at the appointed time and see what was up, hit some range balls and perhaps head into the office late. When I got to the course the registration table was active and signing people is, so I signed in as well. I mentioned my situation and that I may be hitting multiple shots due to partners who may not show up. No problem I was told. Well I was 9 under par after 12 holes when the event was called off due to rain. I was soaked from head to toe, but won first prize of $400. I think that was the day I also won a laser range finder.  Off the tee, if it was an acceptable shot I did not take another in order to save energy being over 50 years of age. I usually hit 2 or 3 approach shots. Putting was the best: lay 4 balls down and keep hitting them until one goes in. Made a lot of birdies from 15 to 20+ feet out. First putt a little high? Hit it on a lower line. That one a little low? Try something in the middle and... bingo, another birdie. one of the best times I every had on the golf course.
    • As Iacas said, no real rule, but what you’ve suggested is exactly what I’ve done in the past
    • Just bought a Caddytek to use when playing away from my home course.  If anyone is considering a push cart should consider one of the Caddytek range as they have all the benefits of being compact when folded and unbelievably quick at folding down and opening up. Pricewise it is cheaper than most of its much vaunted opposition.  Also a carry bag is available so the boot of the car doesn’t get filled with grass cuttings etc which keeps my wife happy as well 
    • Day 288 Did a video check of my swing. On short, slow swings I’ve got my hip priority piece down well and strike the ball cleanly, but full swings have been a mess. Turns out my attempts to not drag the club head too far inside (sub priority piece) has caused my shoulder turn to shorten considerably. Fixed this in a couple rehearsals and full swings with a ball. Did same drill as yesterday with 9-3 swings. Then a superspeed workout. Then hit 5 balls with driver, all strikes in a pretty good spot on the face. 
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. CoachB25
      CoachB25
      (63 years old)
    2. Fsgolfer
      Fsgolfer
      (64 years old)
    3. Zach
      Zach
      (30 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...