• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2020 TST Partners

PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    • Well I think that is an argument many have against professional sports in general. Many see a bunch of spoiled brats and it can become a real turn off.  I think it is naive to dismiss idea that that money has the potential to corrupt the innocence of a person or a sport. I don't think early success on the scale mentioned is necessarily the recipe for enduring happiness.  With professional sports and with society in general, there is no going back. I am a guy who remembers the days when the Olympics was for those with amateur status. Money has corrupted the Olympic spirit. Now it is something I cannot even bear to watch. College football is approaching that for me as well. I have a limited appetite for that anymore. Enjoy the show and I will stick with my dumb assertions and reserve the right to push the off button.      
    • Hmm. I need to figure out what to do and stick to that. I wonder if @mvmac can give me a drill or two? 
    • Watch out for information overload. Stick to your plan.
    • Today I first worked on my long arms drill from my lesson. Then I did the day 6 PlaneMate protocol. It was challenging and I will repeat it until I get it right. The clamp kept shifting too, which was annoying. I sanded down the nubs as instructed, but it will have to work on that again.    Below is the long arms drill. I finished a bit high in these. I should stop at A9.  
    • That's fine.     That's a dumb assertion.  "Too much money"--really?  More power to them for having success, I say.     How do you know what their goals are?  To use Spieth as the continuing example, he's already had one heck of a career--better than most pros have had their entire life.  In other sports we see this burning star phenomenon all the time.  There's more to life than just trophies: quality of life (relative to their position), time with family, other commitments, not breaking down the body further, etc.   Congrats.  Seriously.  Not being sarcastic here.  However, you're making my point for me.  The fact that you're in your 50's is not dispositive.  Poor argument.  Young folks can be successful too. Pimp the players out?  What in the actual hell are you talking about?  Golf is merit-based: you win or you lose.  That doesn't mean that the Tour doesn't have favorites and televises some more than others, but so what?  That's their prerogative--go win some damn tournaments and success will come your way.  BS argument. Not monday quarterbacking--uh yeah you are.  And Spieth isn't my boy--I simply addressed your foolish arguments directed at him in particular.  However, my reasoning remains the same for all players.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. CoryHa
      CoryHa
      (38 years old)
    2. Maanboef
      Maanboef
      (36 years old)
    3. Thomas Brown
      Thomas Brown
      (68 years old)
    4. Vinnie D
      Vinnie D
      (57 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...