IGNORED

Best Hole of Golf You’ve Ever Played

dagolfer18
Note: This thread is 1556 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What’s the best hole of golf y’all have played? Any spectacular recoveries or just holes that you’ve played exactly how you’ve wanted. I’ve got three, all of them after bad tee shots:

1) On the 11th hole of my home course, I topped my tee shot short of a creek that was just 50 yards from the white tees. I then hit a huge fairway wood to the middle of the fairway, then hit my 4I third onto the green, 8ft out, then made the par putt.

2) In one of my high school matches, on the par-5 2nd, I pulled my drive into the left trees. There was a decent-size gap, probably  40 feet wide, that I hit out of. Third shot from 190 made the front of the green, then I made the 20-footer I had for birdie.

3) I was playing in a junior tournament last summer, again on a par-5 on the front nine, and I topped my drive 20 yards. Two powerful shots later I was on the green, and I two-putted for a par. Great recoveries were a theme for the front nine of my round, and what could’ve easily been a 48 or 49 or higher was instead a 44. 

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

383 yard par 4, pin placement was front left....Hit driver off the tee to about 175 yards out.  Hit a 6i a little left and it drifted a little back to the right and ended up 5' from the hole....made a lucky putt for a very rare birdie for me....Driver TM M2, Cobra F8 SL irons, and Odyssey 0 works putter....

Mine has to be the "eagle" that I got about a month ago. Cold day, hole 17. Need to go par/par for a sub 80 round (CR63.0/SR104). 240 yards to the center of the green, and I could tell that it was front pin placement from flag color. Took driver, and put it on the front fringe about 18-22 feet from the cup (drive was around 230 yards in the cold which is amazing for me). Actually used AimPoint for once, and drained the putt. It had at least a foot of break. Ended up with a birdie on 18 as well for a 76 on a par 71. Even on the back nine, plus 5 on the front.

Edited by Bonvivant
  • :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

Last hole in my father and my last match at the 1995 TPC Prestancia Member Guest.  We were up one.  My father was the high handicapper and put his approach in the water.  I had hit a good drive in the fairway.  Our opponents had also hit good drives and waited to see what I would do. I hit a pure 4 iron pin high and after they hit marginal approaches I two putted for what turned out to be the Championship.  Good thing I was unaware of the position we were in! 

Brian Kuehn

Twice on the same hole, a 150 or so yard par 3.  Water all the way from tee to green.  7 iron and almost a hole in one both times.  First time under 6 inches and second time was under 3 inches.  Probably one roll away the second time.  Then, I remember an eagle a couple of years back.  First hole of the course.  Between 300 and 350 or so.  Hit a driver.  Within a 100 yards, and probably within 50. PW and hole the shot.

Multiple holes where I have hit one bad shot and then recovered for a par, but none come to mind readily

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

For best hole I have played it would be my one and only Eagle. It was a Par 5 about 490 yards. I was playing with my oldest friend, who is a single digit. I got a terrific roll on the drive because it hit the back side of small hill and rolled a good 50 yards. I then had 180 to the green over water. I was going to lay up, but he said, "You can't lay up!"! So I hit a 5 wood onto the green, to 20 feet! 

I then proceeded to hit a 20 footer, sweeping putt that broke a good 4 feet down hill.

It was kind of a crappy course, but my best played hole.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Hole in one on a Par 4. This was years ago on a 300 yard dog leg right. I recently played that course and the trees have grown up so high that you can't hit it over the corner anymore to get it to the green. Used to be if you could carry it over the trees on the corner, it would catch a slope and roll on the green. 

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

My hole in ones were lucky, but probably my best holes played.

Probably the best, was a 190 yard straight down hill shot. It was text book. Ball landed on the front of the green, and rolled about 20' feet, strainght into the cup. We were able to watch the whole shot. 

Had few eagles on par 4s that were pretty nice

By the same token, I have probably  screwed the pooch on more holes, than I have played extremely well. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Not sure any one hole really stands out for me. There is the first hole on a local course that bites many players. It is 560 blue and 540 white. You Tee off from a long hill down toward a pond. The pond is about 230-240 to the edge of the water (rough guess) and you need to hit and and land firm or get a rollout to stop just this side of the pond for your second shot over the pond.I have yet to see anyone hit it over the pond from the Tee. Several times my drive with rollout was swoosh into the water it goes. 

The pond is a decent ways across and messes with folks minds on their second shot which is across the pond and up a long hill to a green that is on yet a higher hill and about the size of a big coffee cup. So a nice second shot gives you a pitch up onto the green and pray it does not roll off.

I have watched this hole eat up some golfers. If you risk a fairway wood on the second shot you might make the distance to the green yet you will likely roll off the green and down through the woods because getting the loft for the landing is tough.

The last two times I played that hole I was on the green in three and putting for birdie, however I missed the birdie because I wound up three putting both times. The thing is this course has several more holes that are as challenging as #1. One thing is for sure, the course is great for sharpening your skills on tiny rolling greens sitting up high on hills.

9 1/2 years ago at The Patriot Golf Club on my 40th birthday. Had (2) Eagles on par 4s that day. Holes 2 & 14.

Same course during The Patriot Cup on #18. I was paired with Josh Teater playing against Billy Hurley III and his amateur partner. Dog leg left, 2 tiered fairway with canyon all along the left side. Both pro's laid up with hybrids off the tee. I hit a bomb down the middle with a baby draw approx. 290. Hit approach shot over the canyon to 18" of the hole and made the birdie putt to go 2 up in the match.

It's hard not to pick my albatross. 500yd par 5, driver went 330yds, then I skulled a 7iron. It landed on the front of the green and rolled all the way to the back of the green and went in the cup.  Wasn't a perfect shot, but a perfect result. I've had holes where I see a small gap in the trees when looking at cutting a corner and I hit through it perfectly.  One was at Sahalee last year. Ball landed right next to the green with people on it. Course I never thought I'd succeed at making the gap.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

While The Albatross was great, I have to pick the Par 4 320 yd eagle.  There is a 200 year old oak tree right in the middle of the fairway at about 180 yds.  Hit a nice fade around the left of the tree and ended up 80- yds out.  56 deg wedge dropped 2 feet in front of the pin and rolled into the cup.  What make this so special to me, was my father and a couple of his friends were along to witness it.

Remember when reading posts...…. Communication: 80% Body Language; 15% Tone & 5% Actual Words
We'd all be best selling authors if we could communicate in the written word as well as we would like.

:aimpoint:    :bushnell:    :sunmountain:   :ogio:   :titleist:
:mizuno:  Mizuno ST180 Driver
:ping:  Ping G400 fairway 3 
:cleveland:  Cleveland HB Launcher Iron set  4-PW  50/56/60 CBX Wedges
:callaway:  64 Calloway Lob Wedge
 :scotty_cameron:    Scotty Camron GOLO 3

Wouldn't be one hole, but I had back to back eagles, both on par 4s about 15 years ago. Holes #6 and #7 at my home course one is a 300yard drivable par 4 I hit 3 wood to two feet. Then on the next hole, a 365 yard downhill par 4 I knocked driver on the front then made about a 25 foot eagle putt, it was pretty cool.

17 hours ago, Bonvivant said:

Ended up with a birdie on 18 as well for a 76 on a par 71. Even on the back nine, plus 5 on the front.

An 18 handicap shot 76? And people wonder why I don't give strokes.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

48 minutes ago, NM Golf said:

The course rating is 63 with a slope of 104. Its only a 5000 yard course. 13 over CR is well within plausibility for my hdcp

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

59 minutes ago, NM Golf said:

@Bonvivant is talking about one of our areas easiest golf courses, Community Golf Club's Dales Course. So I definitely back him up on it being plausible.

Besides that 18 is coming down big time next year. He hits it too well to be scrounging around 20 with me. 

• Like 1

Note: This thread is 1556 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!