IGNORED

My Girlfriend Likes Golf

ZANDER1994
Note: This thread is 1568 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

16 hours ago, FlyingAce said:

I play 4-5 times a week, about 160 rounds a season.  

19 minutes ago, FlyingAce said:

(I ski every day). 

Yes, yes, but will you kindly stop rubbing it in? 😭

4 hours ago, Mr Puddle said:

I think it's great for women to play golf with other women as long as the housework is done first. As far as playing golf with women, NO THANKS

Wow...hosel rocket. 

Vishal S.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 hours ago, Mr Puddle said:

I think it's great for women to play golf with other women as long as the housework is done first. As far as playing golf with women, NO THANKS

It can be lots of fun, once you get past the male pride thing and accept that sometimes you'll get beat.  Happens to me all the time, although I did win 4 of 7 matches against my wife over Thanksgiving.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

2 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

It can be lots of fun, once you get past the male pride thing and accept that sometimes you'll get beat.  Happens to me all the time, although I did win 4 of 7 matches against my wife over Thanksgiving.

Ain't no woman gonna beat me at golf.  Oh, wait a moment, Lydia Ko just sent me a text about playing a round...

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Ain't no woman gonna beat me at golf.  Oh, wait a moment, Lydia Ko just sent me a text about playing a round...

My daughter would beat you at golf.

And she doesn't graduate high school until 2021.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I was just teasing earlier, as I suspect Mr. Puddle is.

My buddy got his Sister into golf, and he instructed her at first. But, they don't have to live together! It didn't take long and she was totally hooked! She says now that she wishes she had been introduced to the game at a younger age. When she's up from Florida for the Spring and Summer, she has a weekly lesson with a pro at a local course. They have two pros there, one man and one woman, and she takes lessons from the lady pro.

A few years ago, my buddy and I were playing a local upscale, daily fee course. It was quite a bit more crowded than we thought it might be, and the starter came to us and asked if we would mind being paired with a couple of women. I asked if he knew them, could they play. He said they were on the course all the time and weren't slow, so he figured they could. We said fine.

And they weren't bad, but the one woman was having  problem hitting her Driver that day, and was getting frustrated. She was hitting weak little pop-up flares, fades, and slices to the right. After another such effort she let out a groan and said, "What in the world am I DOING?!" I told her that I could see what she was doing, and if she wished I would tell her. If not, I'd zip my lip. 

Well, she wanted to know, so I demonstrated what she had been doing, and what might be more useful. She wasn't getting anywhere near squaring the clubface at impact. She made a couple of slow motion practice swings and we went on. On the next tee I was standing off to the side when she waved me up. She wanted me to watch her swings. She made a practice swing and I said, "Better." She made another one that really looked good and I said, "Yes! Put that swing on the ball!"  

Crack! Right down the middle! She had me come up on every tee after that where she was hitting Driver. We all finished the round playing well and in high spirits. After the round she thanked me for my advice, and for the manner in which I offered it. And then she gave me a hug! I have to tell you, it made my day! 

Edited by Buckeyebowman

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

I was just teasing earlier, as I suspect Mr. Puddle is.

Ridiculous and terrible "once the housework is done" type comments aren't "teasing."

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

30 minutes ago, iacas said:

Ridiculous and terrible "once the housework is done" type comments aren't "teasing."

Mr. Puddles' first sentence sounded like he might be joking. His second sentence made me believe he was serious.  If true, then that is sad.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Mr. Puddles' first sentence sounded like he might be joking. His second sentence made me believe he was serious.  If true, then that is sad.

He’s a repeat offender. There is a pattern and not a good one.

• Upvote 2

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

My wife  HATES golf.  “Hate” is a strong word and if there was a stronger word I would use it.  So I’m lucky.

Funny thing is, she has a great swing.  First year we were married I had a mattress pad hanging up in the basement and taught her how to swing.  She’d stripe everything the one or two times she went with me to the range.  She’s hit about 5 balls, stripe each one then say, “ this sucks, how can you stand it.”

We went to Arizona one year and took her with me in the cart because the scenery was so beautiful.  Not to her...  I got her to play one par 3.  150 yards she puts a 7 iron on the green and 2 putts for par.  I put mine on from 180 and made a 5 footer to tie.  Walking back to the cart I started to say” On the next hole...”. She stopped me and said,” yeah, I’m done, this sucks.  You hit, get in the cart, say nothing, get to your ball, hit it again, say nothing, get back in the cart.  F this... when u can take me back over to the pool, u  can keep playing.”

Never touched a club again.  Even par for life, 100% GIR.

• Like 2

While I certainly wouldn't want to play golf with my wife, I certainly do not agree with Mr. Puddles rather sexist remark. I have played golf with many ladies over the year including a couple LPGA pros and several collegiate players, they were all quite enjoyable. I am not concerned at all with gender, I just prefer my playing partners to be able to play to a certain level of proficiency. I don't want to have to look for their ball 3 times every hole and I don't want to sit and watch someone skull it 4 times before we even get to my ball. 

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

My wife has zero desire to golf but sometimes, I wish she would. We enjoy spending a lot of time together and she’d be fun to golf with.

• Like 2
my get up and go musta got up and went..

• Administrator
12 hours ago, Mr22putt said:

My recent post was deleted????

I believe so, yes, because all it did was quote and reply to a post we asked others to ignore.

consider yourself lucky. I'd love to be dating someone who loved to play golf as much as I did, and even more so someone who was actually quite skilled at it. 

anyways, if she has no problem with contact and hits a nice little draw, then why can't she just tee off from the reds on a full length course and still manage to play quite well?  if she hits it shorter, but keeps it in play and advances the ball 50-100 yards every shot, I'm sure she'd do alright.  As far as technique goes, she must have a pretty high potential for decent distance considering shes athletic and does a lot of rock climbing, so she could probably benefit from taking a few lessons to learn how to use her upper body, arms, and lower body all together.  I imagine she must be only using one of the 3 if shes hitting it that short.  I watched a video the other day of a lady getting her first ever golf lesson from cameron mccormick, and he had her hitting it 220 by the end of the lesson.  it is quite impressive what a good teacher can do in a short amount of time if they focus on teaching the right things.

3-pw 2007 callaway x-forged
56 cleveland
60 cleveland 
Driver - Callaway xr16
3w - Callaway xr16
Shoes - Etonic stabilite sport

Note: This thread is 1568 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!