IGNORED

The Most Demoralizing Shot in Golf

Double Mocha Man

On 12/17/2020 at 4:41 PM, Double Mocha Man said:

At least you don't Vinsk it.

If ‘shanks’ become ‘Vinsks’ on this forum..I want a badge for it.😂

• Funny 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

When Vinsk becomes a Verb.  Looks like you could use some more badges.  I'll talk to Erik about it, but I don't have much pull...

16 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Something like this...DF9612C0-8BFE-4DA3-AD62-59ED6598A414.jpeg

• Funny 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

1 hour ago, woodzie264 said:

Something like this...DF9612C0-8BFE-4DA3-AD62-59ED6598A414.jpeg

Lol...And for earth shattering consistency...this:

78D1B8B1-7082-4E41-A95B-9796C94D707D.thumb.jpeg.57b78c59cc1738dd13ff46f173de9031.jpeg

• Funny 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

12 hours ago, TourSpoon said:

I have only 2 in the last year.

That’s it? I might have hit two in just my last round.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

7 hours ago, billchao said:

That’s it? I might have hit two in just my last round.

Off the tee! The second one was on the first tee with this new group of guys I started playing with that are all scratch to single. I hit the shot and said that's straight and should help my stats and someone from the gallery piped up and said, you can only count the ones that are long enough to make it to the actual fairway! I couldn't hit that second shot fast enough and thankfully didn't compound the error. 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

13 hours ago, tehuti said:

That's me exactly. I call it the dreaded second shot. The closer I am to dead center of the fairway the greater my chance of topping or shanking my second shot.

That’s my demoralizing shot as well....too many skulls and fatty’s.  I start thinking don’t screw up a good drive with a poor 2nd, and the mind forgets the word “don’t” and I do! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

2 hours ago, TourSpoon said:

Off the tee!

Yes, I am blessed with the talent of being able to top a ball that’s 2” off the ground. It’s almost as useful as @Vinsk’s shanking power.

• Funny 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

10 minutes ago, billchao said:

Yes, I am blessed with the talent of being able to top a ball that’s 2” off the ground. It’s almost as useful as @Vinsk’s shanking power.

Lol....well at least you’re topping that ball at well over 100mph ss.

28 minutes ago, cooke119 said:

Sculling it across the green from a tight lie or out of a bunker, drives me crazy!

this... and I'm talking shots from the collar or just off.  

and on a bad day, just the opposite too - (what we call) the chili-dip, taking turf not ball.  It's so simple to take a simple putting stroke with the wedge or 9i and have a really nice result.  I am trying to putt from off the green as much as is possible but if it gets 10 feet, thats too much usually.  

Just now, burr said:

and on a bad day, just the opposite too - (what we call) the chili-dip, taking turf not ball.  It's so simple to take a simple putting stroke with the wedge or 9i and have a really nice result.  I am trying to putt from off the green as much as is possible but if it gets 10 feet, thats too much usually.  

it's where I lose a bunch of shots.

Edited by burr

Nothing puts one behind the 8 ball like pumping one OB off the 1st tee. It's like discovering a hole in your oxygen tank as soon as you setoff from base camp for the climb. Lol

12 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Lol...And for earth shattering consistency...this:

78D1B8B1-7082-4E41-A95B-9796C94D707D.thumb.jpeg.57b78c59cc1738dd13ff46f173de9031.jpeg

You need to try them face forward clubs or something. Of all my troubles that's one thing I have avoided for all my golfing life. Knock on wood. But yeah, a shanks affliction has gotta be the undisputed title holder of all frustrations. 

Vishal S.

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Some consolation prize that is. Like X-Ray vision glasses that only work for Daredevil.

Bill

My Swing Thread

5 hours ago, billchao said:

5 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Speaking of bad tops, I did this with 3W today.CC3D31BC-ED65-4C82-9236-9EB60403BA80.thumb.jpeg.2ef5f21dc921e24793a3c876b353d38c.jpeg

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Second bad shot of a blow-up hole. Let's say first shot was a punch through the trees that went wrong, now the ball is sitting on a pile of leaves, with a relatively unobstructed flight path. Being rattled now by bad shot #1, fail to set up properly for shot #2, which ends up shanking 20 yards to the dead right, probably ricocheting off the occupied porta potty at the next tee, leaving a truly horrific shot #3 which at this point has next to zero chance of reaching the green.

That's when I say I'm playing Stableford and pick up.

On 12/19/2020 at 11:02 AM, burr said:

it's where I lose a bunch of shots.

What I have started to do, which works well for me, is instead of a chip with a 50* or a 50* I use a PW with a putter stroke, kind of like a bump and run but not using an 8 iron.