IGNORED

The Most Demoralizing Shot in Golf

For me it is definitely the OB hook or slice off the tee. Unfortunately I usually have one of each during 18 holes....

Edited by Troy Ocker
typo

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Demoralizing is smart play meeting poor execution. I lay up perfectly with 15 yards of fairway remaining before that lateral water.  80 yards left to the pin.  Easy.  Hit a chunker into the drink

I'm going with the 3.5 foot birdie putt you miss after knocking your shot to the green stiff.  Shanks, though they happen far less often, other than for Vinsk, are more demoralizing, but so rare.

I haven’t hit a shank in over a month😃. But come on people, nothing is more demoralizing than a shank. 

Posted Images

Thinning a green side bunker shot and sending it over the green!  I’m typically not bad out of the bunker but on occasion I will hit the shot described!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 minutes ago, Sandy Lie said:

Thinning a green side bunker shot and sending it over the green!  I’m typically not bad out of the bunker but on occasion I will hit the shot described!

The thing I love most about greenside bunker shots is that you get to hit them fat.

Any bad shot hit with a club you just got finished bragging about how much you like. 

"Man, I love this hybrid. I'll never replace it. So easy to hit, so accurate. One day you'll have to pry it from my gold dead hands." 
Lines up shot. Hits snap hook into the trees. 

"Freaking piece of crap! I'm taking this damned thing to the pawn shop! I've never liked this P.O.S.!" 

12 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Any bad shot hit with a club you just got finished bragging about how much you like. 

"Man, I love this hybrid. I'll never replace it. So easy to hit, so accurate. One day you'll have to pry it from my gold dead hands." 

"Freaking piece of crap! I'm taking this damned thing to the pawn shop! I've never liked this P.O.S.!" 

I would like to be gifted a few nuggets from your dead hands.

3 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

But can you snap hook a PW? I have.😜

2 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

You can't fix a snap hook.  But with a little duck (duct) tape you can fix a duck hook.

How can I hook a PW 50 yards? And it goes high too!😜

Topped drives really get to me. I have only 2 in the last year. The toughest one was when I was 3 over going into 17 into the wind of an easy par 5 and topped it into the ditch 20 yards in front of me.  I got cute trying to hit it low and somehow could not manage the 30 yard carry! 

On 2/23/2020 at 2:23 PM, mclaren4life said:

For me it’s any second shot after a good center of the fairway drive. If I hit a terrible drive I feel nothing with the second. Put that ball in the fairway and I’m sweating bullets to hit a decent second and not waste a good drive. 

That's me exactly. I call it the dreaded second shot. The closer I am to dead center of the fairway the greater my chance of topping or shanking my second shot.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.