IGNORED

The Most Demoralizing Shot in Golf

Double Mocha Man

For me it is definitely the OB hook or slice off the tee. Unfortunately I usually have one of each during 18 holes....

Edited by Troy Ocker
typo

In the bag: Callaway Mavrik SZ 10,5 driver (X stiff), Cobra King 4 wood (Stiff, 2006 model), Callaway Mavrik irons 4 - P+A (stiff), Cobra King Pur wedges 52, 56 and 60 (stiff) and Odessey white steel putter.  Very happy with the set and the gapping. 

3 minutes ago, Sandy Lie said:

Thinning a green side bunker shot and sending it over the green!  I’m typically not bad out of the bunker but on occasion I will hit the shot described!

The thing I love most about greenside bunker shots is that you get to hit them fat.

Any bad shot hit with a club you just got finished bragging about how much you like. 

"Man, I love this hybrid. I'll never replace it. So easy to hit, so accurate. One day you'll have to pry it from my gold dead hands." 
Lines up shot. Hits snap hook into the trees. 

"Freaking piece of crap! I'm taking this damned thing to the pawn shop! I've never liked this P.O.S.!" 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

12 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Any bad shot hit with a club you just got finished bragging about how much you like. 

"Man, I love this hybrid. I'll never replace it. So easy to hit, so accurate. One day you'll have to pry it from my gold dead hands." 

"Freaking piece of crap! I'm taking this damned thing to the pawn shop! I've never liked this P.O.S.!" 

I would like to be gifted a few nuggets from your dead hands.

27 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I would like to be gifted a few nuggets from your dead hands.

I'm in no itching hurry to donate.

3 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

But can you snap hook a PW? I have.😜

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

2 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

You can't fix a snap hook.  But with a little duck (duct) tape you can fix a duck hook.

How can I hook a PW 50 yards? And it goes high too!😜

Scott

My Swing Thread

Just now, boogielicious said:

How can I hook a PW 50 yards? And it goes high too!😜

Pure skill, my friend... Pure skill.

• Funny 1

32 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

But can you snap hook a PW? I have.😜

Bubba can, and purposely!

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, billchao said:

Bubba can, and purposely!

If I try to do it, it goes straight!

Scott

My Swing Thread

1 minute ago, Double Mocha Man said:

At least you don't Vinsk it.

I shank 5 irons!

Scott

My Swing Thread

Topped drives really get to me. I have only 2 in the last year. The toughest one was when I was 3 over going into 17 into the wind of an easy par 5 and topped it into the ditch 20 yards in front of me.  I got cute trying to hit it low and somehow could not manage the 30 yard carry! 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

On 2/23/2020 at 2:23 PM, mclaren4life said:

For me it’s any second shot after a good center of the fairway drive. If I hit a terrible drive I feel nothing with the second. Put that ball in the fairway and I’m sweating bullets to hit a decent second and not waste a good drive. 

That's me exactly. I call it the dreaded second shot. The closer I am to dead center of the fairway the greater my chance of topping or shanking my second shot.