IGNORED

2020 TST Birdie Challenge

iacas
Note: This thread is 1120 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Missouri Swede said:

Hole 6.  Weather quite a bit nicer than yesterday. (10 of 18)

1494309962_Hole6.thumb.jpg.9cafebc8c5a8700671fb8720657e39b6.jpg

Your Google Spreadsheet still says "par challenge, but shows 10/18 birdies. So I assume that you're also doing the birdie challenge?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, iacas said:

Your Google Spreadsheet still says "par challenge, but shows 10/18 birdies. So I assume that you're also doing the birdie challenge?

Yeah, I figured just pars across the board might take the year. But when I actually started making birdies, I thought I should record those. Just to see how I do.

Still going to be tough to par #2—uphill approach and usually into a strong wind from the SW. Almost had it a few days ago. 

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

Yeah, I figured just pars across the board might take the year. But when I actually started making birdies, I thought I should record those. Just to see how I do.

Still going to be tough to par #2—uphill approach and usually into a strong wind from the SW. Almost had it a few days ago. 

You have 10/18 birdies. I don't think you're doing a "par challenge" anymore. It's only mid-April.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

You have 10/18 birdies. I don't think you're doing a "par challenge" anymore. It's only mid-April.

Fair enough.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

I picked up pars on 3, 7, 8, 11, 12, and 15 today. I missed a 4' birdie putt on 8. I need 6 more to complete the par challenge.

facebook-share-round.jpg

View this round on GAME GOLF

- Shane

Finally, another birdie on our par-5 10th hole! But this one didn’t feel as good as most of my birdies have been. I hit a not-so-solid 3W off the tee to the left side of the fairway, then hit a 5W slightly heavy to about 70 out. I then hit a wedge to 6ft, but contact felt a bit off. It was one of those shots where you hit it poorly, but you can’t exactly pinpoint what it was. But, a birdie’s a birdie. That makes 2/18.

Edited by dagolfer18

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

My 4th time out.  It's been really windy here lately with15/20 mph sustained and up to 35 gusts.

Wasn't expecting much with today being 15-20 mph, but it was almost 70 here.  So just played 9 to work on my swing.

A few pars and several bogeys, but, the par 4 birdie was great.  220 yd drive with 120 left to the green.  Pin was to the front right side of the green.  15mph winds blowing from left to right, so I put it up high aiming15 yds from the pin to the left side of the green.  Wind helped a lot and ended up 18 inches from the cup for a nice birdie.

Remember when reading posts...…. Communication: 80% Body Language; 15% Tone & 5% Actual Words
We'd all be best selling authors if we could communicate in the written word as well as we would like.

:aimpoint:    :bushnell:    :sunmountain:   :ogio:   :titleist:
:mizuno:  Mizuno ST180 Driver
:ping:  Ping G400 fairway 3 
:cleveland:  Cleveland HB Launcher Iron set  4-PW  50/56/60 CBX Wedges
:callaway:  64 Calloway Lob Wedge
 :scotty_cameron:    Scotty Camron GOLO 3

A couple of birdies yesterday, 1 & 2 and another couple today, 8 & 14.  This time I got to knock 14 off my list after a chip in.  It's one of the tougher ones, hard to hold the sloping green.

I bagged my first birdie of the year today! I also closed off another par. I had an easy chip and putt for par on #10 today, but I didn't make it. 6 more holes to close the par challenge.

- Shane

• Administrator

In the past three rounds I have birdies on… 1, 3, 8, 9, 14, 15, and 15 again. Only two of those were "fresh" so I'm up to 9 out of 18 holes not at Whispering Woods.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, iacas said:

In the past three rounds I have birdies on… 1, 3, 8, 9, 14, 15, and 15 again. Only two of those were "fresh" so I'm up to 9 out of 18 holes not at Whispering Woods.

In three rounds?

I hate you!  :8)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Tomorrow will be an exciting day.  My "home" course opens 5/1 and I am scheduled to play at 9:50am with a group of buddies.  The pressure will be unbearable!!  I MUST get on the board with a birdie.  Failure is not an option. 😀

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Brian Kuehn

Good news and bad news for me. Good news is that I made another birdie yesterday. Bad news: another dang repeat. I birdied our par-5 tenth hole for (I believe) my fourth birdie this year on my home course, but my third on that particular hole. Three really good shots set up an 8-footer downhill, which I obviously made.

If I was doing the par challenge, I’d be about halfway through. I actually parred our no. 1 handicap hole yesterday as well, a long and narrow par-4. I’ve giving myself some decent birdie looks recently, but my putting has been killing me.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Picked off another one.  Down to 5 remaining.  2 of which are pretty benign holes.

With only a handful left, it’s getting tough...

9 hours ago, bkuehn1952 said:

Tomorrow will be an exciting day.  My "home" course opens 5/1 and I am scheduled to play at 9:50am with a group of buddies.  The pressure will be unbearable!!  I MUST get on the board with a birdie.  Failure is not an option. 😀

There is no try...   :beer:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

:facepalm  Crashed and burned today.  -0- birdies and a generally tough day produced an 88.  Conditions have to be better next time.

Brian Kuehn

Drove all the way to Capac, MI to play.   Most of the courses around my house were either too wet or too crowded.   I've played the course before and know it well.   I scored well (84) but didn't play well except for the birdie on #15 which on this course was my nemesis hole.   Maybe I was "cheating" because I played from the gold tees which allowed me to drive past one pond.   Doesn't matter, it's still a birdie.   I also chipped in from off of the green but unfortunately it was only par. 

• Upvote 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• Administrator

Played nine this afternoon as well. Intermittent sprinkles and about 44°. Had a large number of pars. Bogeyed a par three. Sometimes putted with a wedge, etc.

We only played the front nine, and the holes on which I’m missing a par on the front nine are…  1, 2, 4, and 8.

4 I will get eventually. I nearly had it today. Ditto for two. Eight won’t be too bad. 1 will be tough.

Note: This thread is 1120 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!