IGNORED

2020 TST Birdie Challenge

iacas
Note: This thread is 1127 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

9 hours ago, David in FL said:

Only someone at your level can get away calling it a “push cut”, and mean it.  The rest of us, well... :8)

I don’t think the terminology is exclusive to good players. I like to be very specific when it comes to my ballflight, to the point where a push-cut, a push-fade, and a slice are three different shots.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, billchao said:

I don’t think the terminology is exclusive to good players. I like to be very specific when it comes to my ballflight, to the point where a push-cut, a push-fade, and a slice are three different shots.

Of course, I meant it a little tongue-in-cheek, but what most consider a “push fade” is a slice, no matter how, well, you slice it!  ;-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• Administrator

I need four holes (1, 2, 4, 8)  to finish the front nine, and one (18) to finish the back.

I made four birdies today, including three on the front. Unfortunately, they were on holes 3, 5, 6, and 11. 😛

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Two birdies today, both repeats, wind was blowing 20mph.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

As a consequence of this challenge, I want to play my "home" course more often. I haven't decided if that's a good thing or not.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

First time on the "home" course since the stay at home orders, but I had 3 birdies today including 2 new ones, which are some of the most difficult on that course: 13 (a tough green with a lot of slope) and 18 (a chip-in on a long par 4).

Edited by sjduffers

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

Played yesterday from the Blue tee's, which use to be the tips until this week as they finally added the Gold tee's back to the actual course even though they have been on the scorecard for the past few years.

Only added 1 par though and had a few repeats, but shot an 84 which I was happy with.

Gus
---------------

Knocked off three birdies today, plus a fourth that was a repeat. One third of the way there.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• Administrator

Played a non-home course, but my three birdies were covered up already by the 9 I've already made on my composite thing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I just “signed up”. I don’t play any course more than maybe three times a year, so my main entry will be composite (noted in last column). Given the number of rounds I play each year I’d be happy if I made the par challenge.

Edited by Hardspoon

- John

Seven birdies today, checked off the 12th hole. Hit a good putt on 14 and lipped out.

Most likely playing four more rounds until the end of the month, just have #2 and #14 to go.

Mike McLoughlin

I didn't think I'd get on the board today, but I made birdie on the 18th. Pushed a drive onto the 10th fairway, then hit a really good 3w from a sidehill lie (ball above my feet) back onto 18. It ended up just in the right rough with 45 yards to the pin. The hole was cut in front and guarded by a bunker though so I didn't want to take that on. Figured I'd hit it 50 yards and two putt from there for a par. Ended up hitting it 60 yards and left myself a 40' downhill left to right breaking putt. I wanted to make sure I got it close for a chance at par so I did my AimPoint routine twice to get the read correctly. Holed it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bill

My Swing Thread

Birdied 2 and 14! Monthly challenge completed! Almost an ace on 14.

Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 2.21.11 PM.png

• Like 2

Mike McLoughlin

Wowzer! That's almost unfair, @mvmac, you get birdies like others get bogeys, lol. And you must know that course pretty well too, giving you an even better chance, at your level.

As just into single digits, I am happy when I average 1 birdie per round, although I have had quite a few rounds with 3 birdies (still chasing the fourth!), but I see you get seven like it's nothing...

Let's just say, I am just a bit jealous...

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

Recorded my first round of the year in the "Composite" sheet...had six pars (6, 9, 10, 15, 17, 18).

Even though I've sort of nerfed the challenge (pars and with no home course), I think it will be kind of fun.  I'm curious to see how many birdies I end up with this year, and to see if there is a hole or two that even proves difficult for the par challenge, since I've never really tracked this kind of thing.

EDIT: just for the hell of it, I picked the course I think I'll play most this year and put it in my "home course" sheet.  I'm guessing I'll probably play it 4 times this year, so it will be pretty tough, but better than recording nothing.

Edited by Hardspoon

- John

I have been doing quite well this season but we have decided to leave our home club. Moving to a new club tomorrow and will need to do a par challenge instead since it is a tougher course. But I am pretty sure I will at least par every hole once this season!

18 hours ago, billchao said:

Pushed a drive onto the 10th fairway, then hit a really good 3w from a sidehill lie (ball above my feet) back onto 18.

I’m not saying that this will always work, but if you played each par 5 this way, you would be 4 under par.😜 it seems to be a trend.

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 1127 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!