IGNORED

2020 TST Birdie Challenge

iacas
Note: This thread is 1099 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think I knocked off the par challenge awhile ago, but haven't added a new birdie for awhile. Finally got a new birdie (on #5) today. This is a tricky hole for me, so happy to scratch this one off. Still have 10 birdies to go with at most 5 rounds left this year.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This might have been the final weekend for play this year, and I didn't quite make it.  I did birdie #9 on Saturday, giving me 17 holes, but I haven't made birdie on #14 all season.  

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

• 2 weeks later...

Been working on this all year and have 16/18 holes birdied this year at my home course Pebble Creek GC in Tampa.  Unfortunately I caught COVID before Thanksgiving and have been off the course.

On 11/22/2020 at 6:02 PM, TourSpoon said:

Since the last post I hit up 10, 12, 15 and last week I ripped off 5 birdies in one round, 3, 4, 7, 9, 12 then followed the next round by hitting 12 and 14. So all I need is 2 and 6 to complete the challenge and I didn't start until June. 

Last few rounds 1, 5, 7, 12, and 18. I have a crack tomorrow at 2 and 6 otherwise its not a bad 6 month birdie run. 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

• iacas unpinned this topic

Added a new birdie today, but it's 2021. Will there be a 2021 tracker?

Edit: nevermind, saw the 2021 topic.

Edited by Darkfrog

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator

Added birdies on 7 and 13 today to the away course composite list.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I carded my first round on what's going to be my home course this year. AND... made my first birdie on that course. Yay, for me!

I didn't play that great, I had a surprising number of hosel shots... which made me a little concerned because I wasn't expecting them.  

However, it was simply beautiful weather for late March and I played an afternoon round with another guy and we got the whole thing done in about 3 hours. We played behind 4 senior citizen gentlemen who were playing behind at least two other groups. I was absolutely shocked how everyone moved along. I probably just jinxed myself, but again, for how many folks were on the course, everyone was moving along quickly. 

2021 is already way better than 2020. 
In 2020, I didn't make a birdie on my home course until October 6th!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm way ahead of that this year!

• Thumbs Up 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator

Played 1-9, then hopped over to play 13, 14, and then had to come in, birdied 4, 5, and 7. 5 was a duplicate. Had a birdie putt stop just short on 9 and 13 both.

Drats.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 1099 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!