iacas

2020 TST Birdie Challenge

393 posts / 22473 viewsLast Reply

Birdies on 12 & 15 for me today

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 more rounds. Birdied #11 ! Only hole #1 to go. 

Played 3 of the last 4 days. None at my home course, and my excursion into vintage golf have made birdies go the way of the dodo bird. 

Just added my name. The weather should break enough soon to start getting some rounds in.

I got in 9 holes with my son yesterday before dark. It's possible that trying to regulate the etiquette of a 5 year old helped me get out my own way with regards to swing thoughts - because I went on a roll and birdied holes 3,4 & 5. All 3 are fairly easy birdie holes, but it's nice to get one of the par 3's checked off.

Played 9 yesterday and added my pars and birdies but it didn't change the birdie or better column. I started to input the formula but figured it would be best if you did it. @iacas

2 hours ago, TN94z said:

Played 9 yesterday and added my pars and birdies but it didn't change the birdie or better column. I started to input the formula but figured it would be best if you did it. @iacas

It's a spreadsheet. You just copy and paste the formula from the cell above.

I did so, but like the formatting, etc. you can do these things yourself for your row(s).

1 hour ago, iacas said:

It's a spreadsheet. You just copy and paste the formula from the cell above.

I did so, but like the formatting, etc. you can do these things yourself for your row(s).

Ok. Yeah, I knew how to do it, just wasn't sure if you minded that I do it. Thanks

Got three more birdies, none at my home course, hence the addition to the other tab of the spreadsheet. None were duplicates, and I erased two bogeys (one with a birdie, one with a par), so my ringer score is now all even par or better.

Should get to play WW tomorrow, so I should get to count a few birdies, hopefully.

Finally, birdie on #1 hole to finish the challenge.

Played Whispering Woods today! Since it's my home course… I was able to count up some birdies.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
E E -2 E -1 -1 -1 E E   E   E E   -1   E

10, 12, 15, and 17 were bogeys. I could fill them in with bogeys, but… I'll erase them soon enough, so for now, blank = bogey or worse. If I go a few rounds and they're still not filled in, I'll add bogeys. 

16. Driver nearly to the green, chip to four feet.
2. I left a birdie putt just short.
3. Driver, hybrid from 248 to ten feet, made the putt for eagle.
4. Just slid by the high side.
5. 3W up the right, wedge to 20 feet, made the putt up the hill.
6. 8I to 12 feet, made the putt.
7. Driver, hybrid right of the bunker, pitch to about seven feet.

So… -6 in five holes for my first round of the year! That's a pretty good start.

The tough holes are going to be… 1 (455-yard par four, and the first hole of course), 10 (482-yard par four, or 455 yards from the blue tees), and 15 (a par five, but the green slopes away from you with an uphill approach, etc.). I'm glad to have knocked out 16 already. That is a short par four but the green is tough. Tough to get it close AND it has a lot of slope to it.

So, a good start.

Added my local 9 hole course where I'm likely to play most of my golf this year.  Making it a par challenge at first.  Hope to get my first round there within the next week or so.

7th hole.  Pitch in to an elevated green from the edge of the next tee, after a botched approach shot from the rough, after a hooked drive.  (5 down, 13 to go)

927833304_7thhole.thumb.jpg.b5df8109de9879310655d12ff9d995a6.jpg

Edited by Missouri Swede

Leslie Park is open yet so I added my name to the "By Hole" for something to do.  FOMO! 😉

Edited by bkuehn1952