IGNORED

2020 TST Birdie Challenge

iacas
Note: This thread is 1100 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Played Downing today, shot 70 for a differential of -0.7, and birdied 1, 2, 10, and 16… which are all duplicates on my composite away course scorecard.

@NatalieB shot 79 from those tees. The rating is something like 77.2 for her from those tees. Very impressive round at 6650 yards.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Birdied #4 last Saturday, and par'd 11 and 16, to finish off the par challenge on my away course.

Also birdied Hole #8 today, bringing me up to 8 birdied holes.  Better than I thought I'd do, although I'm also playing a lot of golf this year.

- John

Picked up a birdie on #9.   Par 5.   On in 3, drilled a 22' putt for bird.   
Also, hit a pitching wedge from 135 to 1' to birdie #10 for back-to-back birdies.    (already had #10, though.)  

Also, frustratingly, on #14 (par 3), hit a 9-iron to 3 feet and missed the birdie putt.  

still have #1, #2, #4, #5, #6, #8, #11, #12, #13, #14, #18. 

The only one of these holes that I fear I may never birdie is #11.   The rest are gettable.  but, I'm running out of time.  

Edited by lastings

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

Completed "Birdie - Challenge" yesterday with a great shot on the 18th hole to 2 feet for the final hole to bird.
Made 4 birds yesterday and 3 again today.
Decent rounds, but had a few poor swings and was able to scramble to save scores a few times.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Well, checked off #1 today.  (FYI, I am "Par Challenge").  Also shot par on  #4 & 7 but already had those.  For me that is good given only played 9 holes on league.  Avoided the dreaded 3-Putts but still need to get rid of the double-bogies   All-in-All not a bad round for me.  

• Like 1

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

• Administrator

Birdied the 8th yesterday. On Monday, I'd played the front nine and hit a driver and a sand wedge to ten feet, but the putt broke about 18" down the hill, and it just missed low. Greens are *not* in good shape right now, but whatever: it's a < 50% putt for sure.

Today I hit 3W about 310 just short of the fairway bunker at the end of the fairway) and then hit my second shot 93 yards to a flagstick 94 yards away. Tapped in with my sand wedge for the 3 on #8.

Monday I almost birdied 1 from 15 feet, and on Tuesday I had a good run at a 20 footer on the second hole. #1 and #2 remain as the only holes left. I'm going to start warming up before I play to knock those off a bit more quickly. 🙂

• Like 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I completed the par challenge for the composite courses my last round.  This round, I managed to add a birdie on the 18th hole in an otherwise below average round.  Only 16 left!

Two birdies today at Huntmore Golf Club in Brighton, MI.  #3 and #17 were both ones I needed.    3 holes to go but the season is winding down in a few week for me.

• Upvote 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Okay, went back to fill in composite score for away courses.  Total composite away scores :  -3, 4 birdies or better and a bogey on 9.  Maybe I need to go play a course with an easy ninth hole ;-) 

Home composite, approximately the same number of rounds, two birdies or better and a composite of two over.  Still haven't made pars this year on holes 1, 2, 5, 10, or 15 at my home course.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Two rounds today and 5 birdies but only 2 counted (8, 13, 16, 17, 18). 

1, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, 13, 16, 17, 18

So at the home course I finally put 16 to rest. It was the final birdie for that course. Busted one down and had 120 left into the green, knock-down pw to 2 feet and done. Hit the same approach to 17 for a back-to-back. Don't think that birdie didn't enter my mind every time I played that hole. 

Edited by TourSpoon
sp
  • Like 1

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Hole 18. (14 done of 18)

1745811956_18thholebirdie.thumb.jpg.3c1d2afdfc364464c1923c293fd8267a.jpg

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Birdied #14 at The Kahkwa Club (Erie, PA) today...short par-5, but a par-5 nonetheless.  Up to 9 birdies in 11 rounds on my "Away Course" composite.

image.png

• Like 1

- John

• Administrator

Birdied 9, 12, and 14 on the composite (away) course list today. All duplicates.

• Upvote 1

Finally Pared hole #16.  It is a 466 yard beast of a Par 4.  Water runs along the left side and tree jail on the right.  I pounded a Drive that left me 166 into the middle of the green.  Pin was in the front playing 150ish.  Hit a smooth 8 iron into the middle of the green. Ran my putt right of the cup and made the comeback. 

Sure felt good to get that Par finally

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

Picked up 3 birdies on the "Home" course this weekend.  Now -7 after 10 rounds.  I have not been playing at Leslie Park as frequently as years past.  Often I would just drop in and join another group or play solo.  With COVID restrictions it is reservation only and that requires me to plan ahead and arrange a group.  I have time to top my 2019 effort.

Brian Kuehn

A little frustrated tonight.  Got Par on 12 & 16 but already had those.  Still not sure what happened on #17, My par putt was headed on-line into the hole then @ 6" short is suddenly popped left and took a 90* turn.  Only thing we could think was there was a small dimple short of the hole and maybe I hit it just right to get the ball to jump off line.  Worse than that was my Three 3-Putts.  Worst round in quite a while.  Bright side is still have 5 more league weeks so that would be 2 more chances to finish the pars on the back nine and 3 to finish on the front nine.  I may need to go shoot a couple extra rounds there to try to fill out the "Par Challenge".

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

• Administrator

Birdied 9 and 18 today at an away course.

Both duplicates. I need 4 and 13 on the composite, and 1 and 2 at Whispering Woods.

Note: This thread is 1100 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!