15 posts / 1224 viewsLast Reply

Last year during a tournament, the scorecard of the guy in my group whose scorecard I was responsible for, flew out of the cart (I wasn't driving so I couldn't use the holder on the steering wheel) and into a puddle, ruining the card.  That was on the third hole and I was pissed at myself for the rest of the round.  This year, for tournaments, I'm going with a scorecard holder and I'm curious to know what, if anything, other than the scorecard and pencil do you keep in the holder?  Course info?  Swing thoughts?  Motivational crap?  Something else?

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

I’ve been thinking about getting a scorecard holder. My pants tend to get pretty sweaty, and the card likes to fly out of my back pocket, so I’ve resorted to putting the card in my bag a few times (like an animal). Not sure what I’d put in it besides a card and a pencil though. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've got a couple of inexpensive faux-leather ones. I usually put the card on my push cart, but will use the holder if it is raining or windy.

I am also thinking about getting a scorecard holder. I have been doing some research online and would like to hear what others are using. 

I bought one on Amazon last year. As far as I can tell, they all seem about the same with regards to functionality.

Since I started using the holder, I also started noticing that every golf course seems to vary the size, orientation, and layout of their scorecards, which requires some creative folds/tears to get the card to sit in the holder with the relevant information easy to access.

One of those 8" X 5" inch clipboards works well. I've seen them for $0.99 at the local dollar store. 

21 hours ago, Patch said:

One of those 8" X 5" inch clipboards works well. I've seen them for $0.99 at the local dollar store. 

haha.  How does that feel in your back pocket, Patch?  

8 hours ago, 3puttssuck said:

haha.  How does that feel in your back pocket, Patch?  

It hangs on my trolley/bag, or rides on seat of the cart for the passenger. What ever else it does, It doesnt allow the score card to blow away.

Edited by Patch

I ordered one off ebay a couple days ago. I will let everyone know what i think about it after i have used it a couple of times. 

Ive never used a holder, but ive always thought about getting one. For tournaments where caddies aren't required, i usually kept my scorecards in the valuables pocket on the bag im using. I filled it out on the next tee while im waiting for everyone else to hit. The new titleist stand bag i use now has a range finder pocket in a convenient location and i put them in there now.  Otherwise, ive had my caddie keep it in his bib. Ive never had a problem with the scorecard holder on most golf carts if im using that.