dagolfer18

Worst Feelings In Golf?

40 posts / 2128 viewsLast Reply

13 hours ago, colin007 said:

Anyways, that didn't feel as bad as 4-putting for bogey. Which I've done twice. FML.

I’ve rolled outta off relatively flat greens before. That kind of sucks, too.

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

If I only could control it, and use it for good, I could end evil on this Earth.

I’m trying to come up with a scenario where I’d even want to hit a hook with a PW. Much easier to hook a lower lofted club should the need arise.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, billchao said:

I’m trying to come up with a scenario where I’d even want to hit a hook with a PW. Much easier to hook a lower lofted club should the need arise.

Ask Bubba Watson! 😀

When I’m in the middle of my almost inevitable stretch of holes where nothing works. Almost every time I play I will have “that” set of holes where I can’t get out of my own head after a terrible shot and I’ll ruin a decent round playing 3 holes in 6 or 7 over. Ugh.

15 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Ask Bubba Watson! 😀

A hook wouldn’t have helped you nor I in that situation 😉

6 hours ago, dagolfer18 said:

What do you mean?

It used to be  a penalty shot before the rule changes that came in at the beginning of 2019  (or even 2 if I remember correctly).

On 1/1/2020 at 9:41 PM, dennyjones said:

Being at the back half of the course and realizing that you're going to have a case of diarrhea.    

Can´t relate more. 

3 hours ago, billchao said:

A hook wouldn’t have helped you nor I in that situation 😉

If I was aiming for the tree in the gap across the fairway, my hook would send me back to the tee, unintentionally.😝

Half way through the bucket, on the range, that no matter how much you practice, your game is as good as it gets, with little improvement.

However, I keep trying...………...

Making a par on hole #1, it is all down hill after that....

For me, the worst feeling is a bad drive on the first tee. The first hole on my home course is a 400 yard par 4, about 110 feet uphill, and strongly sloped left to right for the first 300 yards. When I hit a bad drive on this hole, it almost guarantees a double or worse. Not a great way to start a round.

My worst feeling in golf is bombing a drive on a par 5, and making the group behind wait, while I wait for the green to clear. Then, I totally blow the approach! I'd like to be able to dive into the ground! I can just imagine what the group on the tee behind me is saying! 

Driving home after a shooting a 92 while looking for my swing from hole 1 to hole 18. Typically I find and self correct midway through the round but some days are a complete write off. I am sure we all have experienced it. It feels bleak. It feels like you went to your best friend's birthday all geeked up with the best gift ever and he ignores you the entire afternoon for no good reason.

Of course, it doesn't last and I have always bounced back as it's just golf and not a serious life issue. 

Edited by GolfLug

Mine is the meltdown I inevitably have on a hole that is longer than about 350 yards. If I can't be at least close to the green in two I fall right off the cliff.

Playing foursomes in an important match and down the stretch hitting a terrible shot.  You never apologize to your partner but inside one just cringes at what you have left your partner to deal with.

i still remember the last day of the 2017 Newport Cup.  The tie breaker involved the opposing match requiring our match to re-play a hole alternate shot.  Fortunately, I was playing with @jsgolfer, who hit a brilliant 200 yard shot to the par 3 17th.  All I had to do was roll an uphill 15 footer to 2 feet.  Yes, I left it 4 feet short and wanted to crawl into a hole for doing that to my teammate.  He made the putt and saved me from a lifetime of nightmares.😉

For me it has to be bombing a drive off the tee only to fat it 20 yards with your 2nd shot!. Normally happens after a playing partner declares your drive was "Shot of the day". :pound:

18 hours ago, bkuehn1952 said:

Playing foursomes in an important match and down the stretch hitting a terrible shot.  You never apologize to your partner but inside one just cringes at what you have left your partner to deal with.

i still remember the last day of the 2017 Newport Cup.  The tie breaker involved the opposing match requiring our match to re-play a hole alternate shot.  Fortunately, I was playing with @jsgolfer, who hit a brilliant 200 yard shot to the par 3 17th.  All I had to do was roll an uphill 15 footer to 2 feet.  Yes, I left it 4 feet short and wanted to crawl into a hole for doing that to my teammate.  He made the putt and saved me from a lifetime of nightmares.😉

Yes, that match was a blast.  You couldn't have left me with an easier putt -  4 feet straight up the hill.   :beer: