dagolfer18

Worst Feelings In Golf?

40 posts / 1951 viewsLast Reply

What’s the worst feeling in golf, in y’all’s opinion? I’ve got two. The first is when you come down to the last few holes and have a chance to beat your record/hit a milestone/win a tournament, and you hit one shot that completely kills your chances (just had one of those moments yesterday!). The other is when you’re twirling a club in your hand, especially a putter or wedge, and you hit it right on your ankle, right on the bone. Whenever I do that, I want to yell things that I really shouldn’t, because the pain is so bad!

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

4 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

Being at the back half of the course and realizing that you're going to have a case of diarrhea.    

Denny... that is why you should carry a 1/3 roll of toilet paper in your bag.  I'm not in the woods often but when I am in the woods I see toilet paper.  Imodium AD could be your friend.  I saw it on TV.

22 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

Being at the back half of the course and realizing that you're going to have a case of diarrhea.    

Yep. Had that happen yesterday! Was on 13 and it came to me. The bathrooms on the course are disgusting, so I decided to wait til we got home, which wasn’t for another two hours. I had to go so bad my legs were wobbly.

16 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Denny... that is why you should carry a 1/3 roll of toilet paper in your bag.  I'm not in the woods often but when I am in the woods I see toilet paper.  Imodium AD could be your friend.  I saw it on TV.

True story, a couple of years ago I was in Oscoda MI playing the Gales.    I left my golf partner and took a direct route (cart) to the club house.   Luckily, I made it in time but I carry anti-diarrhea pills and Pepto pills in my bag.   

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

When you know at impact you left the driver face open and the ball is going high, way right. And you look up and sure enough......

Matched by that putt you know is short the second you hit it.

20 minutes ago, David in FL said:

A shank.  Nothing feels worse.

Yep. The embarrassment factor is increased tenfold or more when you shank it onto another hole AND there are people playing said hole. Shank one off the par-3 third hole at my course, and you’re probably taking an early visit to the 8th green, where if you’re unlucky, there will be people already putting there.

I'm pretty lucky that this has never happened to me, but I have to believe that knowing that your shot has struck another person must be the worst feeling in golf.

I haven't expirienced the worst feeling in golf as yet. That will be when I can no longer golf. Memories will help, but the sadness will still be there.

Anything bad that happens these days when I am golfing is just part of of my golf golf game. Stuff happens. Deal with it, and move on. I'm still playing.

Patch... quite philosophical.  That's a good trait.  Any chance that when that day comes you can still ride in a cart with your golf buddies, walking some holes, conversing, cajoling, joking?

My brother actually got hit with a golf ball today. His own. On the first hole, he was sitting in the trees, probably 40 yards from the green, with a good look at it. There was a tree about five feet in front of him and to the right a bit. He hit that tree hard, and it ricocheted back and knocked him straight in the jaw. Wasn’t bleeding, which I was relieved to see. He was a bit unsettled for the rest of the hole. In the moment, we were freaked out, but we laugh about it now.

6 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Patch... quite philosophical.  That's a good trait.  Any chance that when that day comes you can still ride in a cart with your golf buddies, walking some holes, conversing, cajoling, joking?

Yeah, that could happen. But I was thinking that when I couldnt golf anymore I'd be deathly ill, or at the very least bed ridden. This would be after I could no longer utilize an indoor, carpet putting course moving to each putt with my walker....lol

5 hours ago, dagolfer18 said:

My brother actually got hit with a golf ball today. His own. On the first hole, he was sitting in the trees, probably 40 yards from the green, with a good look at it. There was a tree about five feet in front of him and to the right a bit. He hit that tree hard, and it ricocheted back and knocked him straight in the jaw. Wasn’t bleeding, which I was relieved to see. He was a bit unsettled for the rest of the hole. In the moment, we were freaked out, but we laugh about it now.

I hit myself last year with a ball that ricocheted off a rock I didn't see partially buried in front of my ball.

Anyways, that didn't feel as bad as 4-putting for bogey. Which I've done twice. FML.

8 hours ago, dagolfer18 said:

Luckily for him it didn't happen before January 1 2019. ;-)

6 hours ago, leftybutnotPM said:

Luckily for him it didn't happen before January 1 2019. ;-)

What do you mean?

I haven't shanked that much on the course, so I would say a massive pull hook, which I do frequently. I can pull hook a driver like the rest of the world, but how many of you can pull hook a PW! I mean like a 40 yard hook!

If I only could control it, and use it for good, I could end evil on this Earth.