IGNORED

US Golf Trip - Advice and Recommendations

RyanC74
Note: This thread is 1306 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 1/8/2020 at 1:45 PM, Vinsk said:

People flock to hot spots in the millions every year here.

I would think a large part of that has to do with summer vacation and school schedules, but I agree with the rest of your point. You can play golf even if it’s hot and humid out. You can’t play golf when the course is snow covered and closed.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

52 minutes ago, billchao said:

I would think a large part of that has to do with summer vacation and school schedules, but I agree with the rest of your point. You can play golf even if it’s hot and humid out. You can’t play golf when the course is snow covered and closed.

Vinsk... Do you work for the Florida Department of Tourism?

• 7 months later...

I have done five golf trips to the USA since 2014.

The Masters/Pebble Beach,

San Francisco/Bay Area,

Bandon Dunes,

Scottsdale,

Sand Hills/Ballyneal

I also have a trip planned to Wisconsin to play Sand Valley/Erin Hills/Kohler.

They were all great experiences.

Bandon was special because of the high quality of the courses all in one place. But its a Scottish/Irish feel which may not be what you want.

Sand Hills/Ballyneal was awesome too but it was a long drive out there.

SFO was good but it was at a lower level of course apart from Pasatiempo.

Scottsdale was a brilliant American golf destination. So many courses to choose from, perhaps not all top 100 but darn good.

Going to The Masters is unique and everyone should do it at least once.

Now I cant wait for Wisconsin to roll around, post Covid.

Just check your season, that may determine the decision.

On 1/10/2020 at 6:11 PM, billchao said:

You can’t play golf when the course is snow covered and closed.

I know I'm 8 months late, buy you aren't trying hard enough😈

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

Note: This thread is 1306 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!