JGH65

My Swing (JGH65)

4 posts / 643 viewsLast Reply

I've been Playing Golf for: 8 years on and off
My current handicap index or average score is: 12
My typical ball flight is: Right to left
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate: hook and thin/low heel strike

I just started getting back into golf and haven’t been striking the ball very well lately. I have a big left miss (I play with a strong left hand grip which is definitely a cause) and most of my poor strikes are low on the heel side, or just inconsistent contact. I tend to get a little too much in-to-out as well. 

I also just found/joined the forum and this is my first post. Sorry in advance if I made any mistakes.

Videos: 

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

36 minutes ago, iacas said:

Got any face-on video? How particular are you about noticing your start lines?

I don’t have any face-on videos right now, but I can try to take some this weekend if I get a chance to get to the range.

In terms of my start lines, my typical shot will start out to the right of target and curve back left, sometimes on mishits they will start straight-ish and curve left. I try to line up slightly right on most shots to compensate for the draw.

On 1/14/2020 at 6:57 PM, iacas said:

Got any face-on video? How particular are you about noticing your start lines?

I was able to do a face on 7 iron this morning at the range. I apologize in advance if the angle isn’t perfect.