1. 1. How often do you play mini golf?

• >Twice a month
    • Twice a month
    • Once a month
    • A few times a year
    • Twice a year
    • Once a year
    • Never
  2. 2. What is your best score in mini golf?

• 19-30
    • 31-36
    • 37-42
    • 43-50
    • >50

17 posts / 620 viewsLast Reply

How often do y’all play mini golf? Just post your two answers in the poll above. I play a few times a year, with a personal best of 38 (+2 at the course). We actually played today. Each hole at the course we played is a    par-2. My dad actually went -2 through six, at which point I was +1. Final front nine scores: Dad +1, Me +2, Brother +6. My brother faded on the back and finished at 11-over 47. It was a tight battle between me and my dad, and with the final hole to play, we stood as follows: Dad +1, Me +3. The 18th is a hole that goes up a steep slope. Took me three tries to get it up the hill, and took a four to finish at 41. He promptly rolled in his first putt to finish at an astounding even-par 36, the lowest any of us had ever posted (previous low was my 38).

Edited by dagolfer18

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

I haven't played in literally years -- I'm not sure I've played since first taking up golf.  But the facility where I used to practice had a 9-hole mini golf and I never got around to playing it. :-( I'm curious how well the skills transfer.  Every time Happy Gilmore is on TV, I fantasize about playing a bit of mini golf and becoming a better putter for it.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I play probably once or twice a year. I think my best score is somewhere in the 30s. 

There is a mini course, (par 3), near me and we play it maybe twice a year to work on the short game. I think the longest hole is 165 yards and there is some water to contend with. We obviously play it just for fun and as I said to work on the short game. They keep it well maintained with nice bunkers, sometimes we shoot for the bunkers just to practice getting out. It is fun, and cheap to play.

49 minutes ago, cooke119 said:

There is a mini course, (par 3), near me and we play it maybe twice a year to work on the short game. I think the longest hole is 165 yards and there is some water to contend with. We obviously play it just for fun and as I said to work on the short game. They keep it well maintained with nice bunkers, sometimes we shoot for the bunkers just to practice getting out. It is fun, and cheap to play.

I believe the OP is referring to Putt Putt, not to a par-3 type “real” course...

Rarely..last time in 2009 with my 2 eldest grandsons when they were young kids and a few times in the 90's with my niece and nephews when they were small too.

I would get a kick out of seeing pros play competitive mini golf.  Actually, I think a good spoof of just guys playing competitive mini golf would also be a good laugh.

3 minutes ago, Cantankerish said:

I would get a kick out of seeing pros play competitive mini golf.  Actually, I think a good spoof of just guys playing competitive mini golf would also be a good laugh.

I honestly can't remember the last time I played putt-putt. I think that par 3, or pitch and putt courses should be referred to as mini golf. 

19 hours ago, David in FL said:

I believe the OP is referring to Putt Putt, not to a par-3 type “real” course...

Oh, sorry. I have never played Putt Putt golf.

Cooke, in the U.S. mini golf is pretty common.  So much so that, in my experience, kids do not know what actually golf is.

16 hours ago, iacas said:

It did not occur to me that there was such a thing as a professional min golfer. Heh. I meant that I want to see Dustin Johnson and Bubba Watson holding those little putters and trying to get the ball into the stupid clown's mouth.

Anytime I bring the kids with me to the range they make me play the mini golf course first. I’ve noticed it being a nice way to “trick” me into practicing putting more.

I play match play best ball me vs my two kids (3 and 5). The 3 year old gets a stroke every hole, the 5 year old every other hole. It’s actually pretty tight and simulated pressure more than normal putting practice.