IGNORED

How Far Is Too Far to Travel to Play a Normal Round?

RussUK
Note: This thread is 1552 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Normal round...…  45 Min..   I have about 20 within a 45 min drive from my house.

Remember when reading posts...…. Communication: 80% Body Language; 15% Tone & 5% Actual Words
We'd all be best selling authors if we could communicate in the written word as well as we would like.

:aimpoint:    :bushnell:    :sunmountain:   :ogio:   :titleist:
:mizuno:  Mizuno ST180 Driver
:ping:  Ping G400 fairway 3 
:cleveland:  Cleveland HB Launcher Iron set  4-PW  50/56/60 CBX Wedges
:callaway:  64 Calloway Lob Wedge
 :scotty_cameron:    Scotty Camron GOLO 3

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 1/16/2020 at 9:16 AM, David in FL said:

Really?

I can’t think of any place in the greater Orlando area that doesn’t have at least a half dozen courses within a 30 minute drive.

I agree we visit Orlando a lot and you can be just about anywhere in the city and throw a rock to the nearest golf course. They are everywhere. 

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

No more than a 30 minute drive, in good weather and the usual traffic with no construction! This is unless we are going to someplace "special"! But then, someplace special is not a "normal" round!

I play in a Senior Traveling tournament league pretty much every week.  We play 25 different courses this year.  Some of those will be a 2 hour drive for me because we play on Thursdays and have to deal with rush hour work and school traffic.  

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

• iacas changed the title to How Far Is Too Far to Travel to Play a Normal Round?

Normal round 30 tops. If a solo that day 5 minute trip to course up the road. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Im 20 minutes from my course now with the snowbirds in town tying up the place. There is another course roughly the same distance north of me, but I don't like really like it. I'm to lazy to drive over to Orlando and play, although I should. 

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime X, :adidas: Tour360 22

Note: This thread is 1552 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!