12 posts / 678 viewsLast Reply

Hey guys I’m looking to purchase a 60° wedge off of eBay.
It’s listed 60.06 Does the .06 describe Bounce?

If so I’m fairly new what degree of bounce should I be looking for, whould this club suit me?

Thank you in advance.

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

1 hour ago, Matthew62 said:

Hey guys I’m looking to purchase a 60° wedge off of eBay.
It’s listed 60.06 Does the .06 describe Bounce?

If so I’m fairly new what degree of bounce should I be looking for, whould this club suit me?

Thank you in advance.

Yes....6 = 6* of bounce.

Only you can be the judge if this club suits you.

If you are new to golf/a beginner...IMO I would stay away from a lob wedge....I think it's too risky a club for those who don't have the skill/swing to take advantage of a lob wedge.

@Mr22putt I couldn’t agree more. A lob wedge is damn near dangerous for a beginner. Tough club to get comfortable with. Plus how often are you really using it per round?

2 hours ago, Mr22putt said:

If you are new to golf/a beginner...IMO I would stay away from a lob wedge....I think it's too risky a club for those who don't have the skill/swing to take advantage of a lob wedge.

This...

1 hour ago, jmanbooyaa said:

@Mr22putt I couldn’t agree more. A lob wedge is damn near dangerous for a beginner. Tough club to get comfortable with. Plus how often are you really using it per round?

...and this

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

15 hours ago, Mr22putt said:

While this is true, you'll never develop skill with a lob wedge if you never practice with one. I use my 60* extensively (60.10) and have since I started playing two years ago with an index in the high 30s. Generally more bounce is better than less bounce and 6* of bounce is not that much. 

I am one of the crazy ones.  My Lob is a 64Deg.  I practice with it at least as much as any other.  Typically more.  I can use it from 45 yds and in when I need to lob type shots over a pitch and run. In MY case, seemed like wedges were my best clubs and have to work harder on the others...…

Edited by IowaGreg

3 hours ago, Sean_D said:

While this is true, you'll never develop skill with a lob wedge if you never practice with one. I use my 60* extensively (60.10) and have since I started playing two years ago with an index in the high 30s. Generally more bounce is better than less bounce and 6* of bounce is not that much. 

Wedges are very personal. Some people like and play well with low bounce, some grinds have different effective bounces and some people use them for different things. Also the size and width of the flange is a factor.

All that said. I agree 6 deg is a low bounce and will be more likely to dig in softer sand/turf. 

I have found a Vokey M Grind 54.08 works good for approach shots to the green, chipping around the green, or sand traps that have little sand, or hard sand.

I also use a 58.12 K grind for very wet turf approach shots, deep rough around the green, or deep sand bunkers.

A 60.08 would be a ball rocket launcher in the wrong hands.

Edited by CharlieB

My belief is that you should get a low bounce LW and a high bounce SW.  That way, you have all the options available to you.  But it is important to understand that practice is very important to play a LW well.

I found a 72 deg lob wedge at Academy sports one time, took it to the club and we fun messing around with it. You could almost hit yourself in the face with it if you opened it up. The one below is on Ebay...76 degrees.

s-l640.jpg

I just bought 2 new wedges today. Vokey SM7. 54/14 and 58/10 with XP 95 shafts to match iron set.   Have not used a lob wedge is a long time. Perhaps this is the year to do so.