IGNORED

Idiots on the Course

dagolfer18
Note: This thread is 1518 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just now, boogielicious said:

Damn! That's right!!! LOL! Even more a B*****rd!

At least none of us hit the silo 😃

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, billchao said:

I birdied that hole, TYVM 😜

36EBD0EE-4DFC-4113-9AFF-57511ABB2431.jpeg

222yd 6 iron? 😳

maybe it’s smart strategy. Just wanted to give yourself a good yardage in. 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

24 minutes ago, phillyk said:

222yd 6 iron? 😳

Yea that surprised me, too. The hole runs downhill and I had a blind shot from where I was. All I knew was I wanted to keep it left of the tree and I hit a low draw that must have run quite a bit.

36 minutes ago, phillyk said:

maybe it’s smart strategy. Just wanted to give yourself a good yardage in. 

Just by dumb luck I think I did have a better angle on that second shot than I would have if I drove the ball onto my fairway.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

A couple weeks ago I was hitting some balls at the range (at the Club where I am a member) and I was watching these three younger guys coming up the 9th fairway (par 5 with water and island green). I watched one guy hit what I think was 8 or 9 balls into the water from about a 100 yards.  After hitting his last ball in the drink, he threw his club into the pond. His buddies were on the green laughing at him. He then drove his cart towards the green and missed the front of the bridge and slammed the cart into corner of the bridge...smashed up the front of the cart. They were not members...I don't think they will be invited back. I thought it was hilarious. On a side note...I too have "helicoptered" a couple wedges into ponds in the past.

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

4 minutes ago, billchao said:
42 minutes ago, phillyk said:

Yea that surprised me, too. The hole runs downhill and I had a blind shot from where I was. All I knew was I wanted to keep it left of the tree and I hit a low draw that must have run quite a bit.

You must’ve hit your ‘tour’ 6i.

• Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

1 minute ago, Vinsk said:

You must’ve hit your ‘tour’ 6i.

Nah, it definitely came out a little low. If anything, I thinned it a bit.

Bill

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 1518 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!