iacas

Embedded Ball Holed?

37 posts / 1583 viewsLast Reply

47 minutes ago, iacas said:

Given five seconds of thought, more than highly unlikely: almost impossible, given that there's going to be a plastic or metal cup liner in there, preventing any part of the ball from being "inside" the circumference of the hole. No?

First, to confirm, I was only referring to Bonvivant's dashing red ball, the original picture issue is very clear cut as previously discussed.

And as I posted, and you clearly agree, the likelihood is about as remote as remote can be. But on your hole liner point - which I agree plays a role in that very low likelihood - I simply note it doesn't prevent the possibility because: 1)  there is no requirement under the rules for a hole to have a liner and 2) if used, the requirement is that it be sunk at least one inch below the level of the green.

So even just for hypothetical discussion, I think Bonvivant's picture poses interesting rules issues. And questions that the Rules do not or cannot unambiguously answer in their current form are very few and far between.

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!