Coder

WikiHow to Swing a Golf Club

16 posts / 655 viewsLast Reply

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

I like the amount of effort that went into the artwork, honestly. And there really is a lot of content. But I think the target audience is a bit different than TST.  The most amusing part of the image below is the number of "helpful" tags it has.  See ya, guys.  I am talking to the experts over there from now on.

golf.jpg.929bf34aff80a05fecc729a1bc27a9eb.jpg

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It seemed ok for a paragraph or two, but then they got on a bit about how relaxed hands allow you to turn the club head over through impact and lost me. The rest of the article teetered back and forth between reasonable and absurd.

After reading a little bit of that, it put me in mind of something I read about duck and goose calls years ago. In the hands of an amateur they become the two most effective migratory waterfowl conservation tools ever invented! 

Real golf instructors have nothing to fear from WikiHow!

Idk. If the instruction, any kind of instruction consitently saves a golfer, or golfers a stroke, or two, then the instruction is valid. 

To be fair, these articles are written by unpaid volunteers (like Wikipedia) and then the images are commissioned by WikiHow from independent freelance illustrators - who of course won't know anything about the subject.

You can see how they drew this one based off some video frames of a very amateur player, complete with the bendy golf shaft illusion caused by the rolling shutter!

image.png.6cb852b9c0395f817631676f423bac39.png

16 minutes ago, Coder said:

To be fair, these articles are written by unpaid volunteers (like Wikipedia) and then the images are commissioned by WikiHow from independent freelance illustrators - who of course won't know anything about the subject.

You can see how they drew this one based off some video frames of a very amateur player, complete with the bendy golf shaft illusion caused by the rolling shutter!

I want his golf shoes...

Gotta love WikiHow.  "27 Steps for Tieing a Shoelace" and "33 Steps for Opening a Tube of Toothpaste".  Oh, and "2 Steps for Solving a Check Engine Light".

Edited by Double Mocha Man

6 hours ago, Coder said:

I think that is Jamie Sadlowski. 

15 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I want his golf shoes...

Gotta love WikiHow.  "27 Steps for Tieing a Shoelace" and "33 Steps for Opening a Tube of Toothpaste".  Oh, and "2 Steps for Solving a Check Engine Light".

1. Pick up phone.

2. Call the auto repair shop.

10 hours ago, GolfLug said:

I think that is Jamie Sadlowski. 

Well spotted @GolfLug! I found this via Google Image search, taken from a Golf Digest piece.

image.png.9c29fe4a7cb30cd7592e9010eb5ac193.png

Looks like that must have been the source material. So I was completely wrong about saying it was a "very amateur" player.

I'm not sure he is the ideal model though...

5 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

Some kid is going to read that and win 20 majors one day. 

Based on the length of the backswing I think John Daly already read it.  Only 18 majors to go for him.

Edited by Double Mocha Man

15 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Based on the length of the backswing I think John Daly already read it.  Only 18 majors to go for him.

There's still time. 

Between cheeseburgers...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.