IGNORED

Playing Rounds on a Simulator?

Lugowskins
Note: This thread is 1554 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 hours ago, TRUCKER said:

All the guys with 110 mph swing speeds, and typically drive the ball 280 yards average, swear by those simulators...🤷‍♂️

I don't think this really needs to carry over into another thread.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have a friend who has a simulator in his apartment building and we have played there a couple of times.  Much quicker than a real round because you aren't walking/riding to your ball.

However, I always score better on the simulator than real life.  You very rarely get bad bounces on the course.  You are hitting off a mat, which is more forgiving because fat shots still fly a reasonable distance.  Your lie is always good (hitting out of the rough or from the fairway is the same).  For whatever reason, you rarely hit that one branch six inches wide like you do in real life.  And we always just took two putts on the green and moved on.  Easier than putting on a simulator.

What you should use it for is grooving a decent swing

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

3 hours ago, lastings said:

So, if you have alignment issues, you'll hit more fairways and greens in a simulator than in real life.

I had this realization about a month ago after 15 months of lessons on indoor launch monitor/simulator 😖

I was wondering why my shot dispersion in simulator lessons was so much better than on course. My instructor gave me a 5 minute lesson on alignment, that pretty much fixed the on course issue.

The lines on the hitting mats at my facility almost ensure you can't line up off target unless you try.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Note: This thread is 1554 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!