IGNORED

Buy Flightscope Mevo and Mevo+ Here

iacas
Note: This thread is 901 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
On 2/21/2020 at 12:42 PM, Slowcelica said:

Will there be a review posted soon or is there one already that I missed?

I'm purchasing one myself, so I don't know that I'll also want to take the time to review it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, Vikthuuu said:

to bad you the mevo+ dont show if the club comes from inside out or outside in, then it wukd be perfect

You can pretty easily figure that stuff out.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Adam C said:

Have you had hands on time with it yet? Also do you have pricing info?

Yeah, plenty. It's $2k. They've been shipping them for weeks now.

On 2/21/2020 at 5:02 PM, Vikthuuu said:

to bad you the mevo+ dont show if the club comes from inside out or outside in, then it wukd be perfect

Just look at the start line of the ball compared with the curve.

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

Just look at the start line of the ball compared with the curve.

Or the start line (horizontal launch angle) and the spin axis if you're indoors (or the drawn "curve").

Assuming somewhat centered contact.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 5 weeks later...

The Mevo+ is the first "affordable" launch monitor that has piqued my interest, because previously my main hesitation towards buying one was how limited the data you received from the device ended up being. Spinrate is nice to know, but it's substantially more useful when you can also see either the ballflight or the spin axis. Since none of the previous affordable options included a spin axis they felt primarily limited to practice at a full driving range so you could see the ballflight.

At a driving range the previous devices feel a little limited to me since I can measure distances myself and am able to determine if spin or launch is too high/low based on trajectory, but the specific data is always nice to have. Adding spin axis, however, means I can get all the information I want when hitting into a net at home. I have enough information to determine what the ballflight will look like and whether I'm making the progress I want to make, without having to go to the driving range to confirm that my feel corresponds to the correct ballflight.

I'm looking forwards to seeing if competitors develop similar products and are able to continue to drive prices further down, because this feels to me like the right balance of enough data to appeal to most golfers while excluding data that would confuse them and drive up costs. If you know what the ballflight looks like and you can take videos of your swing, qualified instructors can help you fix the swing details (club path and face angle) that this doesn't measure to produce the result you want to see.

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

this feels to me like the right balance of enough data to appeal to most golfers while excluding data that would confuse them and drive up costs.

Fully agreed.

On 2/21/2020 at 1:36 PM, iacas said:

Not necessarily "soon" but before the end of March, yes.

Did you post this and I missed it? Seriously thinking about a somewhat portable launch monitor(sim is nice)/net/mat set up for my yard while all of this is going on.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Bonvivant said:

Did you post this and I missed it? Seriously thinking about a somewhat portable launch monitor(sim is nice)/net/mat set up for my yard while all of this is going on.

No, sorry, the whole COVID thing changed that. No plans to fully review it now, for a few reasons.

I love mine, though. There's the review for now. I can answer specific questions, too.

30 minutes ago, iacas said:

I love mine, though. There's the review for now. I can answer specific questions, too.

I was considering purchasing a Mevo, but I'm really intrigued by the Mevo+. I take a lesson once a month, and have 1 hour practice session 2X a month at the same facility as my lessons with GC4 launch monitors. I also practice daily, usually in my backyard hitting balls into a net, so if I did have a Mevo+, it would likely get daily use.

How useful would you estimate the Mevo+ be (i.e., seeing ball flight data every day versus 2-3X monthly) for someone with my ability, versus just the Mevo?

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

46 minutes ago, iacas said:

No, sorry, the whole COVID thing changed that. No plans to fully review it now, for a few reasons.

I figured that might have been the case. If I end up getting a practice set up the net and mat will come before a monitor anyway. Just curious.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

• Administrator
54 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

I was considering purchasing a Mevo, but I'm really intrigued by the Mevo+. I take a lesson once a month, and have 1 hour practice session 2X a month at the same facility as my lessons with GC4 launch monitors. I also practice daily, usually in my backyard hitting balls into a net, so if I did have a Mevo+, it would likely get daily use.

How useful would you estimate the Mevo+ be (i.e., seeing ball flight data every day versus 2-3X monthly) for someone with my ability, versus just the Mevo?

Well, it's tough to say, because I generally don't try to make value judgments for others.

I could elaborate, but it'd just be a bunch of talking that says what I just said. About how some people value having numbers more often, others care about seeing the ball flight and know how they're hitting it, blah blah blah. It'd all be true, but it wouldn't tell you anything, it'd only just be me talking about why I couldn't really decide for you, because I'm not you. 😄

25 minutes ago, iacas said:

I couldn't really decide for you, because I'm not you.

Fair enough, and actually got me to really think about what I need at the moment 😄

I guess the way I look at it is, not including tax, the price difference between the Mevo and Mevo+ is $1500, and perhaps that amount can be invested elsewhere in my golf life in a more beneficial way. Money is not the sole driver here, but I'm not Scrooge McDuck, so it's a consideration.

Thinking out loud here, I could use the Mevo vs Mevo+ difference in cost to double the amount of instruction I get annually, and maybe get a full driver and putter fitting with anything leftover. I'm not a numbers geek, but I do like the the launch monitor feedback in lessons and practice sessions because it tracks improvment and regression for certain things. However, I am most focused on making consistent contact, which I can do pretty well with just a mat and net, and maybe something like a Mevo to show ball speed and other basic metrics.

I guess I'm more of a Mevo case right now, but the idea of simulated golf is appealing with all the courses around me closed for the time being.

Edited by Darkfrog
words

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• 2 weeks later...

Does the Mevo+ produce a display that can easily be used to map shot zones? Or do you have to take the individual shots and map it out yourself?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 901 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!