IGNORED

Buy Flightscope Mevo and Mevo+ Here

iacas
Note:Β This thread is 903 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, billchao said:

Does the Mevo+ produce a display that can easily be used to map shot zones? Or do you have to take the individual shots and map it out yourself?

They're talking about making the oval kind of display, but right now you'd have to see the overhead shot view which has the lines. You could also just export the data and map them yourself in Excel or something. Distance and left/right landing spots would make a perfect little map.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

They're talking about making the oval kind of display, but right now you'd have to see the overhead shot view which has the lines.

Does the overhead shot view display multiple shots? If it does that and has lines for distance and lateral dispersion that's all I need. I can draw my own ovalsΒ :-D

7 minutes ago, iacas said:

You could also just export the data and map them yourself in Excel or something.

Yea I assumed I could do that. It would just save me a step if I didn't have to.

OT, but I could never figure out what setting to get Trackman to display overhead shot view, so after a couple of sessions at the one at my gym, I still have no map. I have a pretty good idea, but nothing concrete.

Bill

β€œBy three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Does the Mevo measure swing speed directly such that it can be used for getting this data when usingΒ superspeed trainers?Β 

-Peter

• :titleist:Β TSR2
  • :callaway:Β Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg:Β GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon:Β ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:Β  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Darkfrog said:

Does the Mevo measure swing speed directly such that it can be used for getting this data when usingΒ superspeed trainers?Β 

Not currently, no.

It needs the "trigger" of the ball being hit or something.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

17 hours ago, iacas said:

Not currently, no.

It needs the "trigger" of the ball being hit or something.

Thanks for the answer. Doesn't seem like it's a hardware limitation since the Mevos are radar devices, so maybe something that could be added through aΒ software/firmware update, although not sure where this would fall inΒ Flightscope's priorities. Regardless, it's not a big deal becauseΒ I suppose I can just swing my driver and hitΒ balls to quantify any speed I may gain from the superspeed program.

Β 

-Peter

12 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

Doesn't seem like it's a hardware limitation since the Mevos are radar devices, so maybe something that could be added through aΒ software/firmware update, although not sure where this would fall inΒ Flightscope's priorities.

I doubt it's even on their radar. I can't think of a reason for them to implement that function.

Bill

β€œBy three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

5 hours ago, billchao said:

I can't think of a reason for them to implement that function.

True, but at least one potential customer would like to haveΒ itΒ πŸ˜„

Doesn't really influence my desire to purchase, which I plan to make in the next day or two.

Apples to oranges, but for context, I'm an engineer in biotech, working mostly on clinical development products, and I work with many computerized devices used in the production environment. Generally, if a device has theΒ mechanical capability to perform a function that is limited by the machine's software,Β the supplier will work with us to update the code to improve the functionality in a subsequentΒ software release. So maybe there's a chance for it (probably not).

-Peter

22 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

Doesn't really influence my desire to purchase, which I plan to make in the next day or two.

Apples to oranges, but for context, I'm an engineer in biotech, working mostly on clinical development products, and I work with many computerized devices used in the production environment. Generally, if a device has theΒ mechanical capability to perform a function that is limited by the machine's software,Β the supplier will work with us to update the code to improve the functionality in a subsequentΒ software release. So maybe there's a chance for it (probably not).

I mean they probably could if they wanted to, I just don't think they want to. That's just my uninformed opinion, though.

Bill

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Darkfrog said:

They might add it. No harm in asking. They indicated recently they’re considering it.

When you buy please use the link in the sidebar.

57 minutes ago, iacas said:

When you buy please use the link in the sidebar.

Will do, still waffling on Mevo or Mevo+

-Peter

Just ordered a Mevo following the sidebar link, and used codeΒ iacasΒ for the discount, thanks for that. Decided to save the additional money not spent on the Mevo+ for driver/putter fittingΒ and additional lessons once the CA shelter in place mandate is loosened.

• Like 1

-Peter

We have a Mevo purchased last fall that we use outdoors hitting into a net. Probably 15 feet or more from ball to back of net. Mevo set level about 7 feet behind ball. We use the indoor mode due to hitting into a net.Β My son thinks something has changed with the Mevo because it is giving 15-20 yard shorter carry distances than his average with most clubs even when he feels he struck it well.Β  I also observed that he is getting shorter carry than what Mevo has previously reported. He hit some wedges across the yard with the Mevo and it reported almost 8 yards shorter than what his ranger finder and stepping it off suggests.Β 

Any thoughts on what might be causing the difference? I know the distance won't be exact, but it just seems like there has been a change in what it reads on similarly struck balls. This change has been noticed only in the last 3 or so sessions.

War Eagle!

• Administrator

You could have changed the altitude, the stickers may have fallen off or something, etc.

I suggest you email FlightScope.

After further review, I don't think there is a problem with our Mevo.Β  I think my son was just having a bad day.Β  I used the Mevo on Tuesday and it gave me my best numbers in a long time. I was kind of hoping it was cheating us on some distance, but it is really just that it is as far as I can hit each club.

War Eagle!

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, wessubpie said:

WasΒ all set to order through the link, and deal with the waiting time!! but no option for shipping to Australia on the checkout? Any reason why no option for that?

I don’t know. I’d check with them.

I received my MEVO in the mail Friday. Only delayed a week or so. I have only have had a chance to use it one time so far, and it is fantastic. With about 50 shots taken, it only resulted in 1 missed shot (VERY THIN shot that did not get airborne).Β 

As soon as I get some more testing with it, i will try to get an update, but first impressions are nothing but positive.Β 

• Like 1

Alright, question for other Mevo Users. How do you prefer to dial in your wedges with the Mevo? The issue i am having is that i am hitting balls over my net with my 56 and 60 degree wedge due to the net having to be 8' from the ball. Are you all just saving that for the range, or have you found that you can move the net closer to the ball? I tried moving the net closer, but the mevo would not read (i had it about 4-5' from the ball). I am considering building a small stand for the netΒ to elevate it a few more feet, but before i do that, i wanted to see if you all had any luck moving the net closer, or would have any other suggestions.

Β 

Thanks

Note:Β This thread is 903 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!