IGNORED

Buy Flightscope Mevo and Mevo+ Here

iacas
Note: This thread is 883 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

13 minutes ago, mey123 said:

Alright, question for other Mevo Users. How do you prefer to dial in your wedges with the Mevo? The issue i am having is that i am hitting balls over my net with my 56 and 60 degree wedge due to the net having to be 8' from the ball. Are you all just saving that for the range, or have you found that you can move the net closer to the ball? I tried moving the net closer, but the mevo would not read (i had it about 4-5' from the ball). I am considering building a small stand for the net to elevate it a few more feet, but before i do that, i wanted to see if you all had any luck moving the net closer, or would have any other suggestions.

Thanks

I've had the same thing happen - I haven't moved my hitting mat closer to the net yet, but maybe I'll give it a try today and see how close I can get.

If that doesn't work, I figure I'll just take the Mevo to a driving range, a wide open field, or do it on course when it's not busy.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

22 minutes ago, mey123 said:

Alright, question for other Mevo Users. How do you prefer to dial in your wedges with the Mevo? The issue i am having is that i am hitting balls over my net with my 56 and 60 degree wedge due to the net having to be 8' from the ball. Are you all just saving that for the range, or have you found that you can move the net closer to the ball? I tried moving the net closer, but the mevo would not read (i had it about 4-5' from the ball). I am considering building a small stand for the net to elevate it a few more feet, but before i do that, i wanted to see if you all had any luck moving the net closer, or would have any other suggestions.

Thanks

I didn’t have a problem with my net catching the balls with partial wedge shots at 7’ away. Are you launching them too high?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

3 minutes ago, billchao said:

I didn’t have a problem with my net catching the balls with partial wedge shots at 7’ away. Are you launching them too high?

Very possible. I will move the net a bit closer and try to find the spot where the mevo will still read. It is one of the main reasons i bought the Mevo, as the distance my wedges travel on course seem very low compared to what the gapping should be with the loft of the clubs. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, mey123 said:

Very possible. I will move the net a bit closer and try to find the spot where the mevo will still read. It is one of the main reasons i bought the Mevo, as the distance my wedges travel on course seem very low compared to what the gapping should be with the loft of the clubs. 

Maybe you flip and hit your wedges too high.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Some advice needed....with Mevo plus on order and now waiting for 14 weeks!!  Anyone with the unit can I ask a question. I have about 18ft of space so am not sure re indoor  setup and distances. Would I be best having the greater distance to the screen from hitting or mevo to hitting  or do 9 feet each way?

On 6/11/2020 at 5:37 PM, iacas said:

Maybe you flip and hit your wedges too high.

Yeah, just took a quick video tonight after sending another over the net, and it was very flippy. Went back into your COVID videos, and fixed it (hopefully not temporarily). It also increased my distances on other clubs, which was a pleasant surprise. 

One question, can anyone post a link for ideal numbers for each club? That way I can compare. I understand that everyone is going to be different, but not sure what ballpark to be in. Especially for launch angle, spin, smash, and acceptable height for each club. 

40 minutes ago, mey123 said:

One question, can anyone post a link for ideal numbers for each club?

Here ya go.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

On 6/11/2020 at 12:31 PM, mey123 said:

How do you prefer to dial in your wedges with the Mevo?

I just put my net on 2 patio chairs to raise it up.

IMG_20200526_072059.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/12/2020 at 10:37 PM, billchao said:

Here ya go.

Perfect, Thank you. I had my first lesson last week, and the first thing the coach noticed was that i was flipping. After looking at my launch angles from my MEVO, my PW was launching at 30+ degrees... Makes sense that balls were launching over the net on occasion. 

• 3 months later...

For those of you that have a net in the garage.  Which one did you go with?  I am currently looking at getting the Mevo+, but with it having to be 8' away from the net, I am worried about hitting the ceiling.  I do plan to eventually put netting up about 2' off the ceiling to help this, but what nets have you guys been using for indoors to use on all shots?

• Administrator

What is going to hit the ceiling? A club? What is the height of your ceiling?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 minute ago, iacas said:

What is going to hit the ceiling? A club? What is the height of your ceiling?

No, I have 9'2" ceilings, so I am fine swinging full driver with no issues/worries about hitting the ceiling.  I am more worried about hitting the ceiling with a ball using a lob wedge I guess.  Having to be at least 8' from the net for Mevo+ to work worries me about missing the net with a lob wedge.  I might just be overthinking it too...

Also, if anyone has a Mevo+ to sell, I am in the market and ready to buy...the website has a 14 week delay.

• Administrator

You can put a 2' piece of cross netting along the top if you think it's a concern. PGA Tour players don't launch their lob wedges over 45° though. Nobody should, really.

34 minutes ago, Grinde6 said:

Also, if anyone has a Mevo+ to sell, I am in the market and ready to buy...the website has a 14 week delay.

You can pay $2500 to $3k on eBay.

Probably worth waiting. Use the link in the sidebar, please. I think I'll get like $10. 😄

37 minutes ago, iacas said:

You can put a 2' piece of cross netting along the top if you think it's a concern. PGA Tour players don't launch their lob wedges over 45° though. Nobody should, really.

You can pay $2500 to $3k on eBay.

Probably worth waiting. Use the link in the sidebar, please. I think I'll get like $10. 😄

Ya I think for piece of mind, or mis-hits, I will add a net along the top attached to my ceiling. 

Does anyone know if when you are playing a course in simulation mode, can you play 2 person or more, or is it only one person?

Any comparison opinions on the Mevo+ versus Skytrak?  I am in the market for something with numbers/practice/simulation for my garage. Initial thoughts are I like the Mevo+ because I have a lefty and righty. Moving the skytrak around would get old, I feel. Wait time is not an issue for me really.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

9 minutes ago, TN94z said:

Any comparison opinions on the Mevo+ versus Skytrak?  I am in the market for something with numbers/practice/simulation for my garage. Initial thoughts are I like the Mevo+ because I have a lefty and righty. Moving the skytrak around would get old, I feel. Wait time is not an issue for me really.

I have watched a ton of reviews and done quite a bit of research on this to decide between the two.  One of the deciding factors is not having to move the unit when a lefty hits.  One of my good friends is a lefty, and when he is over I dont want to keep moving it.  Another decider is being able to take the Mevo outside and use it, whether that be to the course, range or just out in my backyard.  The Skytrak has limitations on this and I have found that it doesn't work well outside, if at all.  If you have a lefty and a righty, the no brainer would be the Mevo+ for the reason of not having to move it every shot.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Grinde6 said:

I have watched a ton of reviews and done quite a bit of research on this to decide between the two.  One of the deciding factors is not having to move the unit when a lefty hits.  One of my good friends is a lefty, and when he is over I dont want to keep moving it.  Another decider is being able to take the Mevo outside and use it, whether that be to the course, range or just out in my backyard.  The Skytrak has limitations on this and I have found that it doesn't work well outside, if at all.  If you have a lefty and a righty, the no brainer would be the Mevo+ for the reason of not having to move it every shot.

Ok. That's exactly what I was thinking but wanted to confirm that I was not missing something. Thanks!!

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

2 minutes ago, TN94z said:

Ok. That's exactly what I was thinking but wanted to confirm that I was not missing something. Thanks!!

Full disclosure...I do not yet have one.  Probably purchasing it before the weekend, but this is what I have found in the research I have done.  

• Like 1

Note: This thread is 883 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!