IGNORED

City of Dayton Gets the Report

mcanadiens

It took over a year, but the consultant's report finally came out. 

Probably about what we had feared (and mostly already knew). Tons of money are needed to repair the infrastructure and they know they aren't going to be able to raise fees enough to do it. 

Sounds like if they save one it's probably going to be Community. May need an alternative next year.

newsEngin.25241401_IMG_1046.jpg

An outside consultant has recommended Dayton close a golf course, subsidize one of its golf facilities through the general fund and invest millions
Edited by mcanadiens

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to City of Dayton Gets the Report
  • 1 month later...

This is one of the reasons I am not buying a pass this year. I've had one course close on me in the middle of the year, and I don't want it to happen again.

12 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

This is one of the reasons I am not buying a pass this year. I've had one course close on me in the middle of the year, and I don't want it to happen again.

I'd be pretty surprised if they shut something this year. ... The next one is a better question.

Aside from that, it is unlikely they'd shut more than a few courses. For political reasons, Madden in untouchable and they aren't going to do anything to Community.  It will probably be Kittyhawk that gets the shaft.

2 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

I'd be pretty surprised if they shut something this year. ... The next one is a better question.

Aside from that, it is unlikely they'd shut more than a few courses. For political reasons, Madden in untouchable and they aren't going to do anything to Community.  It will probably be Kittyhawk that gets the shaft.

I heard Madden is on the chopping block since it is only 18 holes. I also heard that the Falcon is doomed.

What I find interesting the most out of this, is that none of our city courses can be be repurposed easily. This gives me hope that they will at least continue as golf courses in the future. If I win the lottery, I'm buying community and doing the repairs. TST members will get a small discount, lol. 

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo after clicking this link. For Mevo+, click this link or the image above.
    • Most of my rounds are at 4,200 ft, at sea level that 3W is probably 15ish yards shorter.  I’m not as long as it sounds, unfortunately.  I would utilize the 3W on more than just 14 tee shots (2nd shot on par 5s, choke down for some 190-230 shots, hit some low punch shots). I’m certainly not saying you’re thinking about anything wrong (as far as your game and selection), I was hung up on the “terrible option” comment.  I really like my driver and hybrid as well, if this were a 6 club challenge I’d swap out the 3W for the driver and hybrid all day.  But alas, we only get 5 clubs.
    • The handicap season is over. You should have told him you can warm your balls with whatever you want 😜
    • On my home course I’d take driver, 3-hybrid, 7-iron, SW, and putter. Driver is debatable, because I only hit it 3-4 times per round, so I could probably bring a 3W and drop 3-hybrid and rearrange the irons/wedges (3W, 5-iron, 8-iron, SW, putter). But driver gives me the best chance to score well on the par-5 holes (longest is 505 yards), and I wouldn’t want to give that up, since these holes are where I make birdie most often. 
    • Say a prayer for our state: From M-Live: Michigan reported 15,385 new COVID-19 cases, about 7,693 a day, and 351 deaths on Tuesday, Dec. 7 and Wednesday, Dec. 8. Over the last seven days, Michigan reported an average of 7,203 new, reported cases and 108 new deaths. These are up from 5,980 new cases per day and 71 deaths a week ago. State data, last updated Friday, Dec. 3, shows 65.8% of residents 12 and older have received at least a single dose of COVID-19 vaccine. The state is now seeing the greatest number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients since the start of the pandemic. Previous highs were set in the spring of 2020.
    • Day 130: Cold and drizzly outside so continued working on cupped wrist backswing feel to keep club from going too much inside, and also working on transition move. Transition feels good in slow rehearsal, and okay striking balls at slow speed, but hasn’t translated to 100% speed well yet. 
  • Today's Birthdays

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...