IGNORED

LIV Golf (Saudi PIF), "Mergers," and More

iacas

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Troy Ocker said:

The discussion should be about sportswashing though, not about the legallity of denying players PGA rights for joining LIV.

It’s β€œabout” more than one thing.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 minutes ago, iacas said:

It’s β€œabout” more than one thing.

Fair enough.Β 

In the bag: Callaway Mavrik SZ 10,5 driver (X stiff), Cobra King 4 wood (Stiff, 2006 model), Callaway Mavrik irons 4 - P+A (stiff), Cobra King Pur wedges 52, 56 and 60 (stiff) and Odessey white steel putter.Β Β Very happy with the set and the gapping.Β 

Sad to see that Phil had withdrawn from the PGA. What a waste. You reap what you sow

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 |Β TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood |Β Edel 3-PW | 52Β° | 60Β° | Blade Putter

Do we know why yet?Β 

Β Β :sunmountain:Β eco lite stand Bag
:tmade:Β Sim 2 Max driver
Β :callaway:Β MavrickΒ 20 * hybrid
:tmade:Β M2 3HLΒ  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  :mizuno:Β JPX 923 5-gwΒ Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β 

Β Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

29 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

Do we know why yet?Β 

The whispers were that he was forced to not participate by the PGA.Β 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach;Β Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI
Β 
TeamΒ :srixon:!

48 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

Do we know why yet?Β 

Not yet. Phil hasn’t released a statement

Β 

22 minutes ago, phillyk said:

i haven’t heard anything like that, myself, though it wouldn’t surprise me. My guess is that he doesn’t want to face the media at a PGA Tour sanctioned event

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 |Β TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood |Β Edel 3-PW | 52Β° | 60Β° | Blade Putter

Like the Ryder Cup @Double Mocha Man. Speaking of Ryder Cup the LIV better not mess up my favorite team event.Β 

@Double Mocha ManΒ now I can’t get this image(swap out Stiller and put in Phil or Sergio) out of my head.Β 
image.thumb.jpeg.7444354ddc618f87a59a1cc740abdb68.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

:tmade:Β M2 3HLΒ  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  :mizuno:Β JPX 923 5-gwΒ Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β 

Β Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

On 5/12/2022 at 2:34 PM, mdl said:

There is no other contractor business where that would be acceptable.

Say you are a defense contractor for the US, can you go work for Russia or China at the same time? I don't really know, but I highly doubt it. Maybe the company, but certainly not the individuals working on specific projects.

Philippe

:callaway:Β Maverick Driver,Β 3W, 5W Big BerthaΒ 
:mizuno:Β JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:Β  T7 55-09 and 60-10Β forged wedges,
:odyssey:Β #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

• Administrator
1 hour ago, phillyk said:

I haven’t heard that at all.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

21 hours ago, jbishop15 said:

Not yet. Phil hasn’t released a statement

Β 

i haven’t heard anything like that, myself, though it wouldn’t surprise me. My guess is that he doesn’t want to face the media at a PGA Tour sanctioned event

Or the fans, who may no longer be fans of his.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

1 hour ago, turtleback said:

Or the fans, who may no longer be fans of his.

Mhm.
Β 

One of the guys on the golf channel made a good point on how people are willing to forgive if you’re willing to take your punishment and seem genuinely remorseful. I think Phil understands that, which means he’s probably only remorseful for insulting the cash cow saudis, which is just super duper sad

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

56 minutes ago, jbishop15 said:

Mhm.
Β 

One of the guys on the golf channel made a good point on how people are willing to forgive if you’re willing to take your punishment and seem genuinely remorseful. I think Phil understands that, which means he’s probably only remorseful for insulting the cash cow saudis, which is just super duper sad

I’m not sure it would I change how I feel about him. It’s not like this is a shocking, out of nowhere, action/behavior from Phil. He’s been on an ass-hat revival for a while now. I think his ignorance and arrogance has just become more exposed as of late. I think he’s gotten carried away with believing just because he’s wealthy he’s considered smart. He isn’t. He’s tried to be a character that he can’t hold up to, and his true character is now in question.Β 

• Upvote 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

2 hours ago, jbishop15 said:

Mhm.
Β 

He doesn't seem remotely repentent to me.Β  And once he takes the Saudi money I don't know if there is a path back.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

If Phil does in fact make his next start at the LiV it will be very apparent that he does not give a shit about anything but the money. There is no other way to see it. We will all have to wait and see. Why skip the Masters and PGA otherwise. Both really have nothing to do with the tour. Doesn’t he have life time membership to both?Β 

Β Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/33916213/pretty-big-fall-how-everything-changed-phil-mickelson-just-one-year

The quotes from Charley Hoffman and Webb are sure something:

"We're in a cancel culture right now," saidΒ Webb Simpson, who considers Mickelson a close friend and mentor. "If you say one thing, or somebody digs up something in your past, they cancel you. There have been many situations out here, and in sports, where a player might have done something wrong, sure we can all agree, but I would rather be in an environment where it's a forgiveness culture, not a cancel culture.

"I'm going to screw up. I know I'm going to screw up. I'm going to say things I don't mean, or say things in the moment that sound bad, and I would hope people give me the benefit of doubt. And yeah, there should be consequences for when we screw up, but I don't think it should be as much as we've seen where it's like 'Hey, you're out. You're gone.'"

And the coup de grΓ’ce (pun intended):

"Obviously, there were some things he said that people didn't like," said Hoffman, who said he considers Mickelson a friend. "It is what it is. You can't take that back. He's a leader in this game, and unfortunately he stuck his neck out and it got chopped off. Hopefully, he learned from it, and everybody respects him and cheers him on."

Β 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway:Β ParadymΒ :callaway:Β Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway:Β Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel:Β SMSΒ Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

Β :aimpoint:

So I guess you then get to say and do whatever you want, no matter how bad or who you hurt and it’s cool? It’s not cancel culture. There should be consequences for your words and actions, especially if you are a β€˜leader of the sport’. Phil crossed that line.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

4 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

So I guess you then get to say and do whatever you want, no matter how bad or who you hurt and it’s cool? It’s not cancel culture. There should be consequences for your words and actions, especially if you are a β€˜leader of the sport’. Phil crossed that line.

In addition to that, if you want forgiveness, there has to be remorse. I don't think there is any public remorse from Phil, and he seems to be quietly doubling down on everything with LIV. Even his statement after all this stuff came out was very much a non-apology.

• Thumbs Up 2

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway:Β ParadymΒ :callaway:Β Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway:Β Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel:Β SMSΒ Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

Β :aimpoint: