IGNORED

LIV Golf (Saudi PIF), "Mergers," and More

iacas

I am absolutely howling at the grandparents line. Holy god

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Reed probably figures he’s got nothing to lose as nobody except Justine likes him anyways. He’s happy to stay with LIV, make a bunch of money and just be villain forever in his career.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Patrick Reed:  Arsonist complains about smoke getting in his eyes during fire he started.

absolutely hilarious that he is asking for that much money,   I hope the defending lawyers dig up Justine’s burner account that shows a level of paranoia and entitlement beyond the abilities of mortal human beings.

—Adam

Here's probably a new defendant on the Patrick Reed lawsuit.  Guy happens to be spot on, IMO.   Love the take on Reed's lawyer.

—Adam

Meanwhile the Saudi regime goes on with it's usual business: 

2502.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8

Salma al-Shehab, a Leeds University student, was charged with following and retweeting dissidents and activists

In the bag: Callaway Mavrik SZ 10,5 driver (X stiff), Cobra King 4 wood (Stiff, 2006 model), Callaway Mavrik irons 4 - P+A (stiff), Cobra King Pur wedges 52, 56 and 60 (stiff) and Odessey white steel putter.  Very happy with the set and the gapping. 

28 minutes ago, Troy Ocker said:

Meanwhile the Saudi regime goes on with it's usual business: 

2502.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8

Salma al-Shehab, a Leeds University student, was charged with following and retweeting dissidents and activists

My goodness that regime goes overboard.  Isn't spending time on Twitter punishment enough?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

1 minute ago, Shindig said:

My goodness that regime goes overboard.  Isn't spending time on Twitter punishment enough?

But what about Patrick Reed's feelings?   No one is thinking of him and his butt-hurt.

I mean this is why I was so hard on CH3.   Yeah, nice guy and well respected and liked.   But he's leaving behind a life more than 99% of people in the US don't have for more money that is being paid for by people like this.

• Like 1

—Adam

They could make a movie out of this, give Reed and a few others the main roles and call it “How to Lose Friends & Alienate People 2”.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Another astonishing detail about the Reed lawsuit -- he hired LARRY KLAYMAN as his f***ing attorney! 

What a world!!!!!!!!!!!

• Funny 1

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

On 8/16/2022 at 6:10 AM, jshots said:

I was sent here by the Saudis in 2011 to prepare for this moment.

Wow, never mentioned you, and you don't fit the low number of messages nor the only posting about LIV I mentioned, but by all means wrap yourself with the mantle of victimhood.

It's like a Carly Simon song, simply replacing the word song with post, LOL.

On 8/15/2022 at 2:49 PM, iacas said:

Like who, specifically?

@jshots is not included there.

@GolfSwami, though, yeah. Sure.

He's literally only posted in this topic. And he's likely using an AWS VPN.

Yeah, @GolfSwami is specifically who I had in mind, and I think there were other up thread.  I was OBVIOUSLY not talking about @jshots since he fits neither of the criteria I mentioned.

• Thumbs Up 1

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

1 hour ago, turtleback said:

Wow, never mentioned you, and you don't fit the low number of messages nor the only posting about LIV I mentioned, but by all means wrap yourself with the mantle of victimhood.

Not sure how that joke comment is wrapping myself in victimhood but you are the antitrust law expert so I will defer to your authority. 

• Booooooooo 1

:whistle:

I guess this is the thread to put this in, read a rumor that the PGA Tour might be guaranteeing 500K to exempt players. So if one makes 100K for the year, he gets 400K. Will have to wait for details after meeting is over.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

2 hours ago, turtleback said:

It's like a Carly Simon song, simply replacing the word song with post, LOL.

1 hour ago, jshots said:

Not sure how that joke comment is wrapping myself in victimhood but you are the antitrust law expert so I will defer to your authority. 

It's the nature of posting text only, I guess.  Sarcasm, mood, tone, etc don't always come through to the reader like you imagine it when writing.  (I know this very well first hand :))

For the record, I read your "Saudi" post as a tongue-in-cheek joke, so it wasn't a total miss. 🍻

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Funny 3

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

I guess this is the thread to put this in, read a rumor that the PGA might be guaranteeing 500K to exempt players.

Steve…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

9fa21ae34e064e1cbe620dd6d943a416.jpg?wid

The Wall Street Journal is reporting LIV Golf players need permission to grant exclusive interviews and agree to help...

• Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

25 minutes ago, Vinsk said:
9fa21ae34e064e1cbe620dd6d943a416.jpg?wid

The Wall Street Journal is reporting LIV Golf players need permission to grant exclusive interviews and agree to help...

From the article:

“It also says LIV golfers can play anywhere in the world provided it isn't the same week as a LIV Golf event. Graeme McDowell of Northern Ireland missed the Irish Open this year because it was the same week as LIV Golf Invitational-Portland.”

wow, that sounds familiar.  If players signed this, which is similar to PGA Tour regulations, then whining about suspensions just went next level.   Not to mention anti-trust concerns. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

—Adam

14 hours ago, iacas said:

Steve…

Whoops. Updated. 

Steve