IGNORED

LIV Golf (Saudi PIF), "Mergers," and More

iacas

22 minutes ago, Moxley said:

being reduced to meaningless exhibition games

Well this is what LIV Golf is…..

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Big Lex said:

It will definitely fold after 2025. It's dead in the water now. 

Uhhhhh… no. Not sure what you're smoking there, but don't pass it around, please.

3 hours ago, Moxley said:

That's but probably wishful thinking , but even if true, what about the interim and the period thereafter ? Do we just accept that Majors will be missing half the players

You keep going with this "half the players" stuff, but that's completely bogus. Almost exponentially bogus.

2 hours ago, Moxley said:

Majors, probably less than half as of now but there'll be more in the interim.

No kidding "less than half." WAY less than half.

3 hours ago, Moxley said:

It's this sort of thinking that is threatening to ruin golf for years if not decades.

No, because LIV players might become irrelevant, and new stars will be born.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 9/20/2022 at 10:09 AM, Elmer said:

And there is Pat Perez, who I cant even remember the last time I saw him be competitive on the PGA tour. But now he is playing and winning money with a 71.5 stroke average. I am not even sure if this would make the cut on any PGA tour!

Perez managed to keep his PGA Tour card for 25 straight years. Never lost it. He also won three times, most recently in 2017. Before leaving for LIV he was on track to keep his card for another year. He also already had his Champions Tour exemption earned. So it seems he was competitive.

To be fair he wasn’t getting the LIV deal without his buddy DJ, but that has paid off quite well To the tune of $13M+ so far. He probably ain’t missing the PGA Tour.

Jeff

In the bag:
:callaway: Epic Max 9.0 Project X Cypher 40 R 5.5
:tmade: R11S 3 Fairway
:ping: G425 4 & 5 hybrid 6-PW :cleveland: RTX 56 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2

• Administrator
1 minute ago, ssbn611 said:

Perez managed to keep his PGA Tour card for 25 straight years. Never lost it. He also won three times, most recently in 2017. Before leaving for LIV he was on track to keep his card for another year. He also already had his Champions Tour exemption earned. So it seems he was competitive.

He has a different definition of "competitive" than you do.

I agree more with his: he wasn't all that competitive, even if he was retaining his card.

He's made the Tour championship one time in the last 15 years.

• Thumbs Up 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

“Don’t come in here and act like you’re doing some great thing while you’re pimping a billion dollars of Saudi Arabian money and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in the United States,” Rep. Chip Roy (R-Texas) told reporters.

Lol.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

On 9/21/2022 at 1:23 PM, Moxley said:

That's but probably wishful thinking , but even if true, what about the interim and the period thereafter ? Do we just accept that Majors will be missing half the players , international team competitions being reduced to meaningless exhibition games and the ranking system being discredited? 

It's this sort of thinking that is threatening to ruin golf for years if not decades.

Half, LOLOLOLOLO :banana:

22 hours ago, iacas said:

He has a different definition of "competitive" than you do.

I agree more with his: he wasn't all that competitive, even if he was retaining his card.

He's made the Tour championship one time in the last 15 years.

Are you saying his career has been mediocre? 😉

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, turtleback said:

Are you saying his career has been mediocre? 😉

Nope. "Competitive" is the top small percentage. Competing for wins.

If this has already been posted, I apologize. But a buddy of my sent me this link and I laughed my tail off. I'm sure most of you have seen this already, but I'm posting it anyway.

• Funny 3

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

The frame of the Dbag power rankings video that shows on my screen is Club Pro Guy and Pat Perez.   I honestly can’t decide who has the worse shirt.

—Adam

43 minutes ago, imsys0042 said:

The frame of the Dbag power rankings video that shows on my screen is Club Pro Guy and Pat Perez.   I honestly can’t decide who has the worse shirt.

200.gif.016b4d240008052b39b363533980c678.gif

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator

Posting this one in two places, as it's funny twice over.

• Funny 3

Someone at Golf Digest has a real knack for finding the right picture to go with the right story.   Really captures Reed’s default look, which is basically that Reed is the Face of Flatulence.  

• Funny 1

—Adam

25 minutes ago, colin007 said:

I saw something about Fatrick originally whinging about wanting to spend more time with his family, and then he plays 5 times in a month.

Sounds like fake talking points just hit the brick wall of reality. 

—Adam

• Administrator
3 hours ago, colin007 said:

I saw something about Fatrick originally whinging about wanting to spend more time with his family, and then he plays 5 times in a month.

Look at how much he has played the last few years.

On 9/21/2022 at 1:23 PM, Moxley said:

That's but probably wishful thinking , but even if true, what about the interim and the period thereafter ? Do we just accept that Majors will be missing half the players , international team competitions being reduced to meaningless exhibition games and the ranking system being discredited? 

Huh?  The Presidents and Ryder Cups have always been meaningless exhibition games.  Their biggest significance is using them to buttress the claims of guys who could never, or hardly ever, win the biggest events, like Monty, Westwood, Garcia, and the like.

• Thumbs Up 1

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

18 hours ago, imsys0042 said:

Someone at Golf Digest has a real knack for finding the right picture to go with the right story.   Really captures Reed’s default look, which is basically that Reed is the Face of Flatulence.  

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator