IGNORED

LIV Golf (Saudi PIF), "Mergers," and More

iacas

2 hours ago, BlackDiamondPar5 said:

Poor Bryson 🤣🤣

Bryson-DeChambeau-Tiger-Woods-1.jpg?w=64

Asked if anybody had cut him off, DeChambeau answered, “Yeah, definitely, I’m sure you...

He's trying to "grow the game". 

Can't figure out why Tiger wouldn't see that? 

Maybe one day Tiger will see that they are trying to "Grow the Game". 

• Funny 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

"He has his viewpoints on it and thinks we’re potentially hurting his record."

Is this something Tiger ever said, or even alluded to?

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

I don’t see how these tools think playing 54 hole shotgun starts with a miserably uninteresting team component going on simultaneously is growing the game. Clear Coke didn’t grow the product. Leave it alone. 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Funny 2

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Great news:

BREAKING-NEWS-1200-%C3%97-800-px-1.png

Next April First, the PGA of America and the LIV Golf tour will play their first ever inter-league matchplay event in Greenland.

April Fools! I knew this was fake when the used PGA instead of PGA Tour. 

Edited by Carl3
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Funny 2

• Administrator

Nobody will fall for that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Watched LIV for a few minutes today. Was not turned on by Lee Westwood's legs. The course looked shabby. It is being played at The Crooked Cat, which used to hold some stage 2 Q-school events maybe 20 years ago. It is definitely not a place any of those guys can be proud to be playing at. I can't imagine their wives/girlfriends being pleased at having to trapes around that place. Definitely not glamorous. I was definitely taken aback.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Carl3 said:

Watched LIV for a few minutes today. Was not turned on by Lee Westwood's legs. The course looked shabby. It is being played at The Crooked Cat, which used to hold some stage 2 Q-school events maybe 20 years ago. It is definitely not a place any of those guys can be proud to be playing at. I can't imagine their wives/girlfriends being pleased at having to trapes around that place. Definitely not glamorous. I was definitely taken aback.

I was surprised to see they were coming here. And I certainly prefer Panther Lake to Crooked Cat. Orange County National doesn’t seem like a place for an event like LIV holds. They’ve been constructing a lot of buildings and other stuff to prepare. But the buildings and ‘rec area’ aren’t very close to the course like they are at Bay Hill. I’d go just to see Paulina if anything….😂

• Funny 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

On 4/1/2023 at 6:30 PM, Carl3 said:

On 4/1/2023 at 10:28 PM, Vinsk said:

I was surprised to see they were coming here. And I certainly prefer Panther Lake to Crooked Cat. Orange County National doesn’t seem like a place for an event like LIV holds. They’ve been constructing a lot of buildings and other stuff to prepare. But the buildings and ‘rec area’ aren’t very close to the course like they are at Bay Hill. I’d go just to see Paulina if anything….😂

The first I heard they were going to OCN, I thought wow, they would have to pump some serious money and time into that place. I do the stay and play there with some HS friends every year and while they are great tracks, they need some TLC. Fast forward to yesterday and I was shocked at the condition of the course on the CW coverage and thought that all these former major winners are playing substandard conditions. The coverage was just ok, but the team format and shotgun approach made it a little disjointed. The choice of music blaring was bizarre. At times very dance clubbish. If anything, its got to be better for some because it drowns out all the little noises when the guys are playing. 

I saw they highlighted Phil drive the green on #9, then showed him tapping in for par after they referenced a bad pitch (from the green). Uh, show the pitch shot! Honestly, they could have had a dedicated camera on 9 for the whole event. That is one of the better risk/reward holes out there and if they reversed the nines would have been an exciting way to finish. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

On 3/31/2023 at 7:12 PM, Vinsk said:

I don’t see how these tools think playing 54 hole shotgun starts with a miserably uninteresting team component going on simultaneously is growing the game. Clear Coke didn’t grow the product. Leave it alone. 🙂

image.png.0fd987d749b6dd489f7e9d719ca1e3b3.png

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

On 3/31/2023 at 7:12 PM, Vinsk said:

I don't think they actually think they are "Growing the Game". 
I think they've either been coached, or possibly talked themselves into believing the "Grow the Game" line. 

Some of them may actually believe it. The rest just feel like it sounds a lot better than the truth. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

7 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Some of them may actually believe it. The rest just feel like it sounds a lot better than the truth. 

Growing the game...in golf starved Orlando, Florida! 

• Funny 3

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I don't think they actually think they are "Growing the Game". 
I think they've either been coached, or possibly talked themselves into believing the "Grow the Game" line. 

I can just imagine the "brainstorming" meeting where they all got together and said "what is our motivation for LIV, its the money, but we can't say that, so ..... growing the game. Yeah, yeah, lets go with that."

I felt DJ on Full Swing was the most honest. He basically said it was the money. He tried to tie it up in some, work less, get paid more nonsense, but it was basically the money. 

Michael

27 minutes ago, mchepp said:

I can just imagine the "brainstorming" meeting where they all got together and said "what is our motivation for LIV, its the money, but we can't say that, so ..... growing the game. Yeah, yeah, lets go with that."

I felt DJ on Full Swing was the most honest. He basically said it was the money. He tried to tie it up in some, work less, get paid more nonsense, but it was basically the money. 

Maybe they are growing the game by showing the next generation that they can be a golfer of moderate success to very successful and get paid a lot of money to play less golf for their overlords!

not growing the game in the direction we thought, but they are certainly growing the game in a direction no one every anticipated.

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

On 4/1/2023 at 6:30 PM, Carl3 said:

Was not turned on by Lee Westwood's legs. 

Seems like your missus dodged one there bro.. 😜

• Funny 2

Vishal S.

• 2 weeks later...

For trying to be “modern” and change the game, this tweet doesn’t help their narrative.  Of course, this isn’t an official LIV account but still. 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

• Administrator

Just dumb. Counting majors is really stupid. If Tiger played in the 30s to 50s, he might have 40.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets