IGNORED

LIV Golf (Saudi PIF), "Mergers," and More

iacas

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

He didn’t give any details, no. But when he says he has information that is incredibly damaging, it’s pretty safe to say it’s not that he stole a polo from a department store. Why even mention it? What was the point of mentioning it at all?

I don't know.

I can kinda see it. He's a human after all, and he's got to know a LOT of shit.

But, I can see why some are like "if you're just gonna tease, don't say anything at all."

Maybe he felt attacked, and it's his way of saying "guys, if I wanted to detonate Phil, I could. Trust me, this is light shit."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

14 minutes ago, iacas said:

I don't know.

I can kinda see it. He's a human after all, and he's got to know a LOT of shit.

But, I can see why some are like "if you're just gonna tease, don't say anything at all."

Maybe he felt attacked, and it's his way of saying "guys, if I wanted to detonate Phil, I could. Trust me, this is light shit."

I get that. Just seems so difficult with today’s social media that anything that could make national news would. Hard to believe Shipnuck is the only person who knows this damaging information.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

There are better ways of saying that he does not have a personal vendetta against Phil. He did Phil absolutely no favors by mentioning that there's personal stuff that is more potent than even the Saudi association. It rules out money. There aren't too many other things that can cause pain. It's too narrow. He had to know people are going to jump to conclusions. 

Now even the gossip mags will want to get in the action. 

I can't believe I am feeling a tingle of sympathy for Phil.

Vishal S.

• Administrator
46 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I get that. Just seems so difficult with today’s social media that anything that could make national news would. Hard to believe Shipnuck is the only person who knows this damaging information.

He isn’t by a long stretch.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

14 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Phil has a clean image as far as fidelity to his wife unlike Trump (same as you, not intended to be a political comment in the slightest). The potential damage is far far greater from an outsiders perspective, if it isn't done already. 

There's an industry out there that wants to hurt the PGA tour?? You don't mean a competing tour right? Genuine question.   

Sorry, I meant that Shipnuck, like a lot of people, are offended by Phil going after the tour and trying to hurt it so he is releasing this stuff to help the tour.   I feel very angry at Mickelson for going to these lengths because he is greedy and he doesn’t care who he hurts to get more money.  If I had something on him I wonder if I would make him look bad.

it’s not just the tour executives who get hurt by this.  Tournaments suffer, charity takes a hit, etc.   I feel like the Tour had a lot of conversations with players and are “circling the wagons” to protect their business.

• Like 1

—Adam

2 minutes ago, imsys0042 said:

I feel very angry at Mickelson for going to these lengths because he is greedy and he doesn’t care who he hurts to get more money.

This is how I feel. He’s trying to take down the tour that I really enjoy watching.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

52 minutes ago, imsys0042 said:

Sorry, I meant that Shipnuck, like a lot of people, are offended by Phil going after the tour and trying to hurt it so he is releasing this stuff to help the tour.  

Yeah, that's a distinct possibility. I am sure the book sales won't hurt either. 

Vishal S.

54 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

This is how I feel. He’s trying to take down the tour that I really enjoy watching.

He's also trying to take down the tour which has made him a millionaire almost 100 times over. Then trying to play it off as a noble crusade. 

If he just came out and said "Look, I have the opportunity to get... oh how do I say it.... A shit-load of money! And I'm going to take it." I'd respect that a lot more. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

I wonder if, when taking a break from counting their blood money, Mickelson lets Norman try on one of his green jackets.  Just so Norman knows what one feels like, considering he had the worst final round collapse in the history of golf.

“See the stitching here, Greg?   That’s way better than the shirts you sell at Macys for perpetually 40% off.”

“Surely you jest!”

—Adam

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, imsys0042 said:

considering he had the worst final round collapse in the history of golf.

Hardly.

• Jordan had a five-shot lead on 10 in 2016 at the Masters.
  • Arnie lost to billy Casper with a seven-shot lead on 10 in 1966 at Olympic.
  • Many players have lost majors leading by three with three to play. Adam Scott, Ed Sneed, etc.

I take no issue with Shipnuck's reporting to date, but that comment is garbage, and he should feel ashamed for having posted it.

23 minutes ago, iacas said:

Hardly.

• Jordan had a five-shot lead on 10 in 2016 at the Masters.
  • Arnie lost to billy Casper with a seven-shot lead on 10 in 1966 at Olympic.
  • Many players have lost majors leading by three with three to play. Adam Scott, Ed Sneed, etc.

Agreed. It's not the "worst". But Greg Norman's was pretty bad. It should at least be on the list of worse collapses. He had a 6-shot lead in the final round of the Masters. He shot a 78 with four bogeys and five double-bogeys and lost by 5 strokes. That's an 11 stroke swing. Not saying its the worst. But should be on the list of worst.

It was also kind of a trend with Norman. If memory serves at that point he had held the lead after day 3 eight times in majors. But only converted one victory. ... Something like that. 

50 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Agreed. It's not the "worst". But Greg Norman's was pretty bad. It should at least be on the list of worse collapses. He had a 6-shot lead in the final round of the Masters. He shot a 78 with four bogeys and five double-bogeys and lost by 5 strokes. That's an 11 stroke swing. Not saying its the worst. But should be on the list of worst.

It was also kind of a trend with Norman. If memory serves at that point he had held the lead after day 3 eight times in majors. But only converted one victory. ... Something like that. 

Ok, maybe worst that I’ve personally seen…. 😜

In 1986 he had the 54 hole lead, thereby played in the final group in every major and only won one of them.  TBF to the Guppy, I think the PGA was when Azinger holed his bunker shot to beat him. 

—Adam

34 minutes ago, imsys0042 said:

Ok, maybe worst that I’ve personally seen…. 😜

I saw Jordan Spieth's in 2016. I felt bad for him. We all thought it was over. 

And of course Phil just got a cool 6mil from the PIP. That greedy PGA TOUR!

• Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

56 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

And of course Phil just got a cool 6mil from the PIP. That greedy PGA TOUR!

That just added to Phil’s Putz Factor.

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

BDC out of the Players’, says it’s because of injuries but he has big announcement coming up.  Any chance that BDC has hooked-up with MBS and going to play the SGL? Maybe not that injured but not officially banned from PGAT? BDC is tight with TFG and family. TFG wants MBS and SGL at his courses. At rumored money numbers, BDC has to be thinking take the cash, especially if he is worried that body won’t hold-up to play against the best. Absolutely speculation but it’s what these forums are for, right?

Driver - Callaway Razr

3-wood - TM Stealth

7-wood - Titleist 

Irons - 5 through PW, Epon 503

Vokey Wedges

Putter - Odyssey TriHot 2

• Administrator
33 minutes ago, hunterdog said:

BDC out of the Players’, says it’s because of injuries but he has big announcement coming up.  Any chance that BDC has hooked-up with MBS and going to play the SGL? Maybe not that injured but not officially banned from PGAT? BDC is tight with TFG and family. TFG wants MBS and SGL at his courses. At rumored money numbers, BDC has to be thinking take the cash, especially if he is worried that body won’t hold-up to play against the best. Absolutely speculation but it’s what these forums are for, right?

He is injured and he just said he’s committed to the PGA Tour for now.

So, no.