IGNORED

LIV Golf (Saudi PIF), "Mergers," and More

iacas

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, p1n9183 said:

I don't care about public reputation or what the media suggest you to think. Do you really know what is happening in the other side of the world? have you ever been there and see with your own eyes the truth or you are guiding your opinion according to what other people decided to show you on tv?
I prefer to do my own information gathering to take a decision and don't let other people opinion misguide me from the truth.   

So do you not think Saudi Arabia treats women poorly, treats 81 recent people poorly, etc.?

Just kind of a "plug your ears and hum" type of thing?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

23 minutes ago, p1n9183 said:

I prefer to do my own information gathering to take a decision and don't let other people opinion misguide me from the truth.   

What did you find in your research? 

• Funny 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

54 minutes ago, p1n9183 said:

I don't care about public reputation or what the media suggest you to think. Do you really know what is happening in the other side of the world? have you ever been there and see with your own eyes the truth or you are guiding your opinion according to what other people decided to show you on tv?

Billy Madison Shut Up GIF

• Thumbs Up 1

:titleist:

1 hour ago, p1n9183 said:

ok....so....is Jamal Khasoggi actually alive?  Are LGBTQ people not actually treated as criminals there?  Are they not actually executing people for non-violent crimes?  Are women actually allowed to make all of their life decisions without a male guardian?  Who has been lying to me all this time??

-Eric

• Administrator

• Funny 2

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

14 minutes ago, iacas said:

The three in the lower right corner, bottom row, are more compelling than most of the field.   

• Funny 1

—Adam

38 minutes ago, iacas said:

Any easy indication of who got the boot from the London event?  The turnover interests me more than the actual tournament

Edit to add - they also released captains, and confirmed for the team events not even captains remain the same each event.  There is officially no consistency on teams, and being a fan of a team is literally just being a fan of a name or logo.

FV4FQX1XEAIGA8q?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by Friz

-Eric

31 minutes ago, Friz said:

Any easy indication of who got the boot from the London event?  The turnover interests me more than the actual tournament

I did my own research.  Pending those final three spots, the following guys from London not returning for the second event

Andy Ogletree, David Puig, JC Ritchie, Kevin Yuan, Oliver Bekker, Oliver Fisher, Pablo Larrazabal, TK Chantananuwat, Viraj Madappa

-Eric

• iacas changed the title to LIV Golf Tour (was "Alternative" Tours, Phil Cancelled)
  • Administrator

PGA Tour (2022 onward) discussion can be here:

6 hours ago, p1n9183 said:

…isn’t the other side of this coin that we shouldn’t trust anything the favorable LIV media side says, either? Or anything Greg Norman says, etc?

Unless your information gathering is 100% first hand sourced, stuff you actually saw or heard, you are just as vulnerable to the interpretations of others as the rest of us.

• Like 1

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

5 hours ago, Beastie said:

Rory is not holding back..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/61899722

Good. I’m happy every time a player speaks up. I suspect everyone that does not, do so to leave the door open.

Edited by Zeph
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Duplicitous = Lying through their teeth.

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

For Koepka it is still the same math equation…

There are 54 in the field.  I can beat 30 of them.  From there half of them won’t play well so you’re down to 15.  And from those 15, some of them won’t even try cause they’re getting paid regardless.  It only leaves a few more and they are the same guys I beat 5 years ago, so I might not even go to the range.

John

• Funny 2

On 6/22/2022 at 3:07 PM, Friz said:

There is officially no consistency on teams, and being a fan of a team is literally just being a fan of a name or logo.

Which is an odd piece of psychology on the part of the marketing team for this expensive side show.

Teams conjured up out of thin air, and yet people are supposed to become fans of them, in order, one assumes, for merchandise to be sold? It is not too cynical to make that assumption, given LIV tells us: "Each team will have unique logos, colors, and names, much like other major global sports teams."

But the only incentive to support a team is its players, and those change on a tournament by tournament basis. The only "hook" is the Captain, who seems to remain constant. Do I care enough about Graeme McDowell to want to see his team prosper?

The names of the teams by the way, and the descriptions provided about them, are excruciatingly corny. Become a fan of the Niblicks (and now a sentence or two about what a niblick was, in the PG Wodehouse era of golf, with some purple prose about it being a "courageous club" thrown in for good measure. I suppose saying it was a primitive forerunner of a 9 iron / PW wouldn't be quite so effusive).

I do not mean to be unkind, but when I looked at the Niblicks' personnel for the London event, I had to research who Oliver Fisher is. My ignorance, admittedly, but it seems he's a journeyman on the European Tour, well into his 30s, whose claim to fame is a 59 at a European Tour event in 2018 and winning the Czech Open in 2011. Not diminishing those achievements, but I'm not entirely sure how you sell lots of T shirts and caps on the back of them, but I suppose it's early days.

It's all a bit tawdry.

Edited by ScouseJohnny

20 minutes ago, ScouseJohnny said:

The only "hook" is the Captain, who seems to remain constant. Do I care enough about Graeme McDowell to want to see his team prosper?

Not even this is true.  Three teams have a new captain for Portland, and the replaced captain is still in the field.  So you could have been captain of a London team and drafted to a different team this time around.

That said, they fixed the draft for London and forced captains to pick certain players, so maybe the old captains will be forced picks onto their old teams.

• Thumbs Up 1

-Eric