IGNORED

LIV Golf (Saudi PIF), "Mergers," and More

iacas

• Administrator
coody.jpg

Pierceson Coody, the former University of Texas star, said LIV Golf made him a life-changing offer. Here's why he passed on it.
  • Thumbs Up 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, iacas said:
coody.jpg

Pierceson Coody, the former University of Texas star, said LIV Golf made him a life-changing...

I guess some people dont have a price. Good for him

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

• Administrator

59 minutes ago, iacas said:

"Wiesberger, the 2019 Scottish Open champion, is known to have been especially upset [about the Scottish Open ban], according to the source."

If You Say So Shrug GIF

play stupid games, win stupid prizes

• Funny 2

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

57 minutes ago, iacas said:

Good...but also a bit interesting that they weren't suspended this week, and only are suspended from events co-sanctioned by the PGA Tour.  Of which 2 are the same week and the other is opposite the Open, so for many of these guys it's basically a one event suspension, not three.  Will be more telling what happens moving forward.

Larrazabel will also be interesting to keep an eye on, since these guys also were not suspended for the Irish Open opposite the Portland LIV event, and he was probably the most notable name not in that field that played in London

-Eric

• Administrator

Plus a fine.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Plus a fine.

I always liked the saying "if the penalty for a crime is a fine, then that law only exists for the lower class."

$100,000 may not be pocket change for all these guys, but after all the LIV money they've already received it will impact their livelihood about as much as a parking ticket would impact mine.  It also wouldnt surprise me in the least if LIV paid these fines in some grand noble gesture to support their "golfers should be allowed to play wherever they want" campaign

-Eric

Max Homa keeping it real.

“You can buy a tour for sure, but you can’t buy my goals and my dreams.”

max-homa.jpg

Max Homa made his stance on the state of the golf world and its evolving situation quite clear in an appearance on the No Laying Up Podcast.

• Thumbs Up 1

:titleist:

:tmade:

On 6/22/2022 at 1:05 PM, p1n9183 said:

I don't care about public reputation or what the media suggest you to think. Do you really know what is happening in the other side of the world? have you ever been there and see with your own eyes the truth or you are guiding your opinion according to what other people decided to show you on tv?
I prefer to do my own information gathering to take a decision and don't let other people opinion misguide me from the truth.   

What? How exactly do you go about life doing this? Do you personally do your own investigative journalism on every subject in the world you have an opinion on? Reliable sources of information exist for a reason. Hell I bet your own information gathering involves research conducted by other people.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

17 minutes ago, billchao said:

What? How exactly do you go about life doing this? Do you personally do your own investigative journalism on every subject in the world you have an opinion on? Reliable sources of information exist for a reason. Hell I bet your own information gathering involves research conducted by other people.

Dude? You just look on Facebook!

As my mother-in-law always says "If it's on the facebook, it must be true." 
.... She always calls it "The Facebook".

0b2437b8-7f6e-4e65-b004-f904829d0a1d_text.gif.363144a55b0cb06f48e380848523da91.gif

• Funny 2

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

LIV is yesterday's news.

WAGL is the tour to join.

Tim Herron posted this offer sheet on twitter.  I bet a lot of the other pros who already jumped to LIV are regretting it now.

John

Tim Herron Offer.jpg

• Funny 1

1 minute ago, 70sSanO said:

LIV is yesterday's news.

WAGL is the tour to join.

Tim Herron posted this offer sheet on twitter.  I bet a lot of the other pros who already jumped to LIV are regretting it now.

John

Tim Herron Offer.jpg

Does the T-Rex bone count as one of the 28 clubs?

• Funny 2

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

Does the T-Rex bone count as one of the 28 clubs?

I don’t see why not.

Might need a second caddy to carry all of it.

I’m partial to the 5” holes.

John

• Administrator
11 hours ago, Friz said:

$100,000 may not be pocket change for all these guys, but after all the LIV money they've already received it will impact their livelihood about as much as a parking ticket would impact mine.

It's still $100k/guy that the DP World Tour didn't have before.

The money doesn't just disappear - someone receives it.

12 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Dude? You just look on Facebook!

As my mother-in-law always says "If it's on the facebook, it must be true." 
.... She always calls it "The Facebook".

0b2437b8-7f6e-4e65-b004-f904829d0a1d_text.gif.363144a55b0cb06f48e380848523da91.gif

I don’t think your mother can use “The” Facebook anymore unless Ohio State says it is okay.

John

• Funny 2

18 hours ago, billchao said:

How exactly do you go about life doing this?

Just make my own opinion on stuff, if I'm really interested in something I go and gather information myself. I don't make decisions over others people opinion or "trusted sources", theres no such thing on the media or even in day by day life.    

On 6/22/2022 at 9:02 PM, jbishop15 said:

…isn’t the other side of this coin that we shouldn’t trust anything the favorable LIV media side says, either? Or anything Greg Norman says, etc?

Of course I woudn't take their worlds or opinion on the matter as truth. I don't care what people say, only what they do. Actions speaks a lot louder than words.

Edited by p1n9183

On 6/22/2022 at 3:43 PM, Friz said:

ok....so....is Jamal Khasoggi actually alive?  Are LGBTQ people not actually treated as criminals there?  Are they not actually executing people for non-violent crimes?  Are women actually allowed to make all of their life decisions without a male guardian?  Who has been lying to me all this time??

Again, I´m not defending anyone here. As I say I cannot give my opinion on something I don't know because is on the other side of the world. 
I heard that this stuff you mention is happenning on that side of the world, it can be like that, it can be worse or it can be wrong. I really don't care about it, but I'm not going to talk trash about people in other countrys just because media tell me to think about them like that. 
As an example, and living in another country (Argentina) I heard a lot of trash from US. Should I just accept that as truth? Of course not, is just other people opinion that can differ from mine. 
On the other hand I received from people of Europe and US that really think that here in Argentina we are like indians and live in tribes. that's nothing more away from the truth but for a lot of people that truth because they just took another people opinion on us, instead of taking the time to make a trip here and see for themselves the truth.